Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggested changes for Oceanic

Comments

• cause he rage quit over a 48 hour nap
  • Sure blame the turtle king rage quitting over a nap and not his shitty choice of PT
  • Jk spock if you're reading this. I still love you
  • I see no reason to remove it, it does not hamper you unless you make a bad choice; make the PT worth playing and everyone benefits
  • cause he rage quit over a 48 hour nap
  • look if u remove oceanic some other pt will take up the mantle of being the shittiest pt.. that's probably gonna be multiple terrain.. once you head down that road...
  • look if u remove oceanic some other pt will take up the mantle of being the shittiest pt.. that's probably gonna be multiple terrain.. once you head down that road...
    cause he rage quit over a 48 hour nap
    I find it funny you think mutiple terrain is a shitty pt.
  • But what is the magic word?
    I find it funny you think mutiple terrain is a shitty pt.
    MT is my second fav under Mysti. I used to go FW all the way, but the rounds aren't long enough, FW is a waste of space for sure.
  • FW is not a waste of space at all it just takes time and patients to get running correctly, its an income planet after all
  • FW is definitely boring buts its a machine at around the 3week mark.
  • FW is a beast if you are good at getting your research done early. If you're someone who waits 1 month in to finish longevity, it's a boring weak ass PT with 24 hour return times lol.
  • FW is shit now, sorry to burst your bubble
  • i feel like mountainous is the way to go for income type... think about it
    you get 50% power bonus from research, 50% from solars 20% when you finish energy core. That's a total 120% bonus power you take a way a petty -25% from that for a bonus of +20% income, on top of that you have +75% honor gains, giving you high honor and even quicker bonus income. And you dont have the detriment of 24h return times
  • I don't known if they stack like that. In fact Its probably waaaaay more complicated than that.
  • Yeah, that's not really how it works. Pretty sure your PT shit gets added on right away, then all your other bonuses come later. So in reality you get less power than the way FauSS outlined.

That being said, Mount is still pretty beastly

• I think energy core comes before other research. So its a little bit of diminishing returns, but yeah mount is good at all stages.
  • edited October 2013
    Either way Mounts -25% energy produced only represents 2.5% of your land if you usually have 10% PPs, while +20% income represents 8% of your land if you usually have 40% SMs. Which means 5.5% better land use.
  • IS THIS THE REAL CORY? WE'LL NEVER KNOW
  • Either way Mounts -25% energy produced only represents 2.5% of your land if you usually have 10% PPs, while +20% income represents 8% of your land if you usually have 40% SMs. Which means 5.5% better land use.
    yea I agree, Mount's advantage greatly outweigh its disadvantage. I'll say Mount is the second best PT after Terra. FW is really good mid-game but has a crappy early game with the slow return time. And of course, DW is the most fun but you always die. All other pts are kinda useless.
  • some dws arent dead yet.. its making people nervous cough cough
  • yea I agree, Mount's advantage greatly outweigh its disadvantage. I'll say Mount is the second best PT after Terra. FW is really good mid-game but has a crappy early game with the slow return time. And of course, DW is the most fun but you always die. All other pts are kinda useless.
    Not quite sure I totally agree on that. Mysti is pretty cool, you just have to play it as high offense to work right, need to be active and of course a larger base of players works wonders if you're hitting inactives but it's much easier to take bigger risks with mystis as you might be open for just 1 or 2 ticks; If you grab at the end of tick that makes it a very small risk. The benefits are just a bit harder to work out as they depend highly on how much you have to send out, how often do you do it and how juicy the targets are. That and the diminished need for power. If shielding probes also took -50% power mystis would definitely be one of the top PTs.

I'd rather have lots of PTs that are excellent in different ways than lots of PTs that are just simply balanced or ok

• Right now, TF and DW are far and away the best, but PT doesnt much matter if you cant build a kingdom to save your life.

Like, some guys play DW and still get outplayed by others on Oceanic.
  • who the fk keeps power research
  • IS THIS THE REAL CORY? WE'LL NEVER KNOW
    Hahaha no its me meadows! I'm at it again hahahaha
  • and i'm cory
  • and i'm cory
  • no you're not