Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noob Fight! Rohancastle vs Flazer GO

edited April 2013 in Game Talk
I am now recruiting for next round, looking for anyone who wishes to be a dominant voice to not be tampered with. Msg me if your interested. Thnx

Comments

• Official challenge to all other current alliance members... Bring. It. ON!

Have a nice day :-]
  • Holy shit, we are day 4? Outta newbie THUS round and you are talking about next round? Fuuuuck!
  • Yup, that's right mwahahahaha. When I brought in Redemption the first time I was rank 1, then slipped to rank 2, but it took 4 alliances to take us out. 2 at war, 2 just attacking for the hell of it because of ONE retal I didn't approve.
  • Pretty sure the alliance will implode on itself like the last one you made
  • As if you were any good at it, not much room to talk there haha
  • I never was good at ALing, I used pawns to make everything happen, let them do all the work, I sit back and laugh at how horrible everyone in my alliance was at kingdom building, and getting them to be my probe farms.

I also try and recruit as many officers as I can, just to make sure I can have some die hard loyalists do as much as they can for my alliance, just to give it more of a renowned name, sometimes they even let me farm them, for when I give them bonus points to move up the rankings.
  • Wow, the excuses that shit players come up with..
  • Rofl, Pah lease, I remember when you started, you were ANYTHING but manipulative, My alliance was at war for 2 weeks before it went down lol. Please flazer, I know a lot about you, and I know you have no room to talk.
  • I also make sure my real life friends sign up so I can farm them, I also have a couple probe farms that I hide around the server along with the officers who are probe farms just to make sure I can get by 24/7. I also NAP the whole universe, and try to take potshots at anyone at any moment if it will help me, NAP or not.
  • edited April 2013
    Totally lost, was that directed at me? No seriously, was that for me?? I don't recall any of that, except the fact that my RL friend named Craig was the person who introduced me to this game when I was in the 9th grade which was........ 10 or so years ago
  • this is the part where I say I NAPd sephiroth by being his boyfriend and avoid being hit
  • Ohh, so you were a cause to the downfall pretty much, I understand, homo tendencies.
  • All I can say is BBQsauce Pat, followed by whatever the second one was named... lasted all of a week before you were killed by multis and I think Eddy took over and had me killed :(
  • ahh, Eddy, what was his name, I had a lot of animosity towards him for his shit
  • Andenno
  • YES! that's what his name was, although he was just the face, I had nothin' good to say to him for a long while. Was rather immature, but meh, it was the story line I guess lol.
  • I liked BBQSauce :-p
    r50 with Rhythm/Blues was okay except for the multies targetting only our tops, dying, and leaving everything to dogtown

• edited April 2013
    Today I met wisdom incarnate. He's the former Bishop of Rwanda, having recently retired. He spoke for an hour or so at the beginning of a day dedicated to explaining the vision and execution of World Relief Rwanda. This is a man who represents and leads the entire country through the Anglican church, a man who speaks to hundreds if not thousands at a time, a man who speaks to and councils presidents and ambassadors, here to talk to the twelve of us.

He didn't speak on behalf of World Relief, but he definitely agreed with their work and methodology.

The Rwandan government relies heavily on the Church to care for the most vulnerable. That is Jesus' mandate for the Church, and the Church therefore, presumably, is the body most fit for the task. Is it the government's duty as well? Yes, I think it is, but in the US, the Church often shrugs off its responsibility, its core purpose, because we can rationalize that our government has already taken care of it.

It's entirely foreign to me that government should rely on the church to do anything. It seems to me our government tries to do what would make our lives better, avoiding at all costs any relationship to the church; the church is a hinderance, not an asset. Recently I was considering whether it might not be a good idea to completely remove marriage, a religious notion, from our laws. Let the church handle religion. Hearing Bishop John's telling of how the Rwandan government and church work together, complement each other, may have turned me around on that. Of course, it's easier when 90% of the population claims to be Christian.

The Bishop talked a bit about the US, where he has lived in the past, and some of the Church's failures there. One of those failures, he said, is not being able to talk about Christianity in the schools. I assume he means students not being able to, but he didn't specify. I asked him how the church could not fail in that regard and he said it needs to change its attitude; it needs to be more humble. He said the Anglican church has figured out everything, and it leaves no room for the Spirit. He then asked if he had answered my question, which I felt he had not, so I asked how that would change the government's position on religion in the schools. Essentially he said the government doesn't value the church because we no longer have anything of value to offer. "The church doesn't do magic. If you put salt in a pan and heat the pan with the food and serve it immediately, the salt won't have added any flavor." He suggested that if we humble ourselves and serve rather than rant, in a generation or two, we may see change in how people view Christianity. It's certainly food for thought.

Another culture shock that I mentioned previously is Rwanda's view of Sex. "Professor" Maurice, my translator on Thursday for the pastoral retreat, talked a bit about the Mobilizing for Life program they have which teaches faithfulness and abstinence to combat AIDS. I asked a devil's advocate question, as I do so often, "When the US, historically, has taught abstinence only, it's failed miserably. It doesn't reduce the amount of sex, it reduces the amount of safe sex. (Thank you CJ Craig.) What do we expect to happen here?" In the last three or four years, the number of sexually active youth in areas where the benefits of abstinence has been taught has dropped from 33% to 12%. Maurice talked about a lot of testimonies. Pastor Phil said there are statistics to support this as well. He went on to talk about the many supporters of Rwanda, whether they be governments or organizations, that all have agendas for Rwanda and Africa. They all have their own ideals. Much of what comes in is helpful, from financial aid to education to entrepreneurial spirit. But with the good also comes the bad and the ugly, and just because the US can't keep its dick in its pants, doesn't mean the rest of the world can't. Since then (two hours ago) I've been thinking about what could cause this separation in values (and abstinence is a value in Rwanda). I know it's not belief in the Bible, as this education is still being taught to the country and roughly one in three pastors aren't even "born again." It's not ancestral roots (they're not being taught it by their parents) as polygamy is an issue here. I'm left thinking it's our media, our advertising, our obsession with sex in the first place. They have no sex appeal ads because they have no ads at all. I'm not blaming the media outright as the media wouldn't present what we don't want to see. There's a Jack Johnson song about this called "Cookie Jar".

These two pointed questions earned me the prestigious Hardest Questions award during graduation from World Relief University.

I overheard at the end of Bishop John's talk, on the way to tea that Rwanda is, too, materialistic. Americans put their faith and trust in the objects they own. Rwandans put their hope in the objects they think would make their lives complete. I guess Americans do that as well. It's an interesting thought, to be sure.

What I've learned today is that life as it's meant to be is hard. In fact, it's impossible. The amount of forgiveness, the metaphorical seventy times seven, for every possible way someone can sin against us, whether that be accidental, misunderstanding, cruelty, thievery, rape, or murder of loved ones... how can you? With the 1994 genocide raw in everyone's minds here, it makes all of this that much more real. The amount of healing through forgiveness that's happened in the last 17 years is phenomenal. Selling your stuff to support those in need? I can easily give, and in fact enjoy giving, out of my abundance, but ask me to sell my tv, or laptop, or car to help someone? Not happening. LIfe, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness? God gives us life and the liberty to do with it and fail as we please in our own pursuit of happiness. Life is the one thing we, as Americans, feel we have as our own. How can we give that up completely? It's impossible. "With Christ all things are possible." It's hard to comprehend, much less believe, much less act on.

On lighter topics (and it is now this entry's tomorrow, about 18 hours since starting it), we left our hotel in Musanze yesterday morning. Before leaving, we walked up to the Catholic church about five minutes away and prayed for the region. Dyanah didn't walk with us. I thought she was being lazy since she got in a car that was to pick us up at the church. It turns out she was leaving, so I missed my chance to hug her goodbye. Nothing grieves me more than missed opportunities for relationship, romantic or not. To my future girlfriends, never tease me by offering a kiss and then denying it because of something, legitimate or not, I did. It tears me apart.

The ride to our new home, where the day-university class was held, was about 40 minutes long, bumpy and upward. (We're just about to leave this place, and I just carried my bags up the stairs to where the SUVs are. To give you an idea of the elevation, not only am I winded, which would be normal, but everyone else has mentioned being winded too.) We got some beautiful shots of waterfalls and people working their fields. The retreat center we went to has the most glorious view I've ever seen, tenfold and then some. It overlooks a large lake with several islands in the middle. There's no electricity to the islands, so there are no power lines crossing the water or anything else to mar the scene. Not that I've ever been a poetic writer, but I doubt anyone but a poet laureate could capture the view. Or a photo. With the world's best camera. Yeah, you really should just visit.

Glory be to God, we had a bathroom door in our room.

It has rained fairly frequently, so we haven't had much opportunity to see the whole thing unclouded, nor have I had any time to journal outside.

• I had this blasted in the room I was sleeping one night for fraternity pledging. My adrenal gland is so confused.
  • awwww what is it???? Its not showing up for need :(
  • oh, btw sup crash, lovely to see you again sweet cheeks =D
  • Jesus Christ, what's with people still saying: "It's not showing up for me, I can't see it." - Fuck off and upgrade your shitty computers.

As a side note, just got to say that Flazer looks as though he's lost the plot and gone crazy. Knew he'd crack someday..
  • skynub, go eat shit n' die, it was a cell phone retard :)
  • Im confused
  • fak you crash lol
    Does it matter? When's it from? 1987? Cheap cunt.
  • edited April 2013
    If you are on a phone do a quote of crash then copy paste the url into whatever u play vids on.

mortal kombat songs
    blah blah blah, I'm a dirty slut.
    nuf said