Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

haha

edited March 2013 in General
March 31, 21:58:05 the [WalkingDead] alliance has declared peace with the [OregonTrail] alliance.

who failed?

Comments

• not i said the damdred
  • OregonTrail declared war without any discussion.
  • thats not what we were told, we were told that it was preplanned
  • Maybe pre-planned on Oregon's part, but not on WD's end...
  • oh idk i'm not in leadership so i can't say, just logged in saw the thread but kinda a bitch move tbh to peace 1 min before tick lol atleast peace a few hours
  • edited March 2013
    How is that a bitch move?

Edit: Let's keep in mind that an alliance declared war on another alliance when not both parties had an agreement. So perhaps better to ask: what would you have done as the non-consenting AL?
  • How is that a bitch move?

Edit: Let's keep in mind that an alliance declared war on another alliance when not both parties had an agreement. So perhaps better to ask: what would you have done as the non-consenting AL?
    Obviously an inactive war, discussed or not. A bitch move because of the timing. Can't wait to give my love to WalkingDead :)

• We need an agreement now to end or start war? We used to do it just to piss each other off :P
  • We need an arguement now to end or start war? We used to do it just to piss each other off :P
  • edited April 2013
    How is that a bitch move?

Obviously an inactive war, discussed or not. A bitch move because of the timing. Can't wait to give my love to WalkingDead :)

It took about 2 seconds to get an inactive war agreed upon with another alliance. I'm under the impression we simply got no word from OregonTrail in which case why the hell would we assume anything. Even if someone came onto the PFs or Uni Chat and just said "To: Any WD leadership, OT wants inactive war" we'd have a shred of evidence OT's declaration was meant for an inactive war.
    We need an agreement now to end or start war? We used to do it just to piss each other off :P
    Exactly, there's still nothing is stopping people from doing this - hence we're taking no chances.
  • I say its a bitch move tbh because they waited 20 minutes after dropping war and 1 minute before game started to declare peace.

What would I of done? Soon as i canceled war i would of declared peace, its still safe but it doesn't screw over the regular players who had nothing to do with the situation, and ya know doesn't make them angry and out for you alls head or anything like that.

Though the AL of OT still claims it was agreed upon by both sides so idk whats going on lol either way even if i think its a bitch move I laughed about it when it happened and my friends failed
  • WalkingDead says that there was no agreement...

I started by asking a handful of kd's in WalkingDead and looking for the AL for having an inactive war, later that day I got messaged that went as follows:

WalkingDead AL?: Asking for inac war?
    Myself:I'm just an officer in the alliance, AL has been busy today
    Was looking to try and get inact war going with an agreement that ANY war abuse will be retalled heavily
    WalkingDead AL?: Inac war sounds good to me and war abuse being retalled heavily seems fair to me.
    You guys declare.

Later on AIM: I started speaking with the kd that claimed to be WalkingDead AL

Myself: Who is WalkingDead AL?
    WalkingDead AL?: Who is asking?
    Myself: I'm asking
    WalkingDead AL?: And you are...?
    Myself: March 31, 21:58:05the [WalkingDead] alliance has declared peace with the [OregonTrail] alliance.
    Trying to figure out that sneaky underhanded shit
    WalkingDead AL?: Last I'd heard, there were no agreements for an inac war
    Myself: Isn't it typically how the game goes?
    WalkingDead AL?: i guess so
    Myself: I mean is there really reason to say "Hey, let's have an inactive war the same way it happens EVERY SINGLE ROUND"
    So your alliance declares peace over it?
    WalkingDead AL?: I guess so...
    Myself: that's why i'm asking who the AL is and how I can get ahold of him
    WalkingDead AL?: You're speaking to him. I've got to get to bed soon, what's the issue?
    Myself: I'm curious on why you would declare peace?
    WalkingDead AL?: Because my VAL (who is pretty much the AL, I just created the alliance) told me to...
    Myself: That's very underhanded and will be remembered later in the round
    WalkingDead AL?: All that I did was start the alliance and spam sectors to join
    No clue really what I'm doing, lol
    Just w/e the VAL says to
    I just mentioned it to him. He says that you guys seem stacked and he didn't want you to gain an unfair advantage anymore than you already have.

• Ever think that we might not have wanted inac war with your stacked ass alliance?
  • from the messages hes shown he was led to believe inact war was accepted, a dirty trick imo and here we go with allegations of stacking already IDk who is even in this alliance haha

and just because they have a lead doesn't mean they don't deserve an inactive war and your alliance has put you guys at a far worse disadvantage now imo
  • edited April 2013
    So you guys didn't confirm an inactive war?

Again, what is an AL to do besides protect his alliance? Sure, it was possible that Oregon simply wanted an inactive war and didn't get in contact with leadership, but you know what they say about assumptions...

As far as Peacing at the last second it can be seen from one side as a bitch move but from our side it was a hyper-conservative move in case there really was some shenanigans going down. Again - none of our leadership had any stated indication why Oregon declared war.
  • Walkingdead AL told me to declare, we declared.... Isn't that the confirmation? Are you a little bit slow on reading?

I'll post again so you can re-read

WalkingDead AL?: Inac war sounds good to me and war abuse being retalled heavily seems fair to me.
    You guys declare.

A handful of hours later, war was declared.
  • edited April 2013
    WalkingDead AL?
    I assumed that question mark was meant to display that you didn't know who you were talking to. I assumed that for two possible reasons:

1. You used a question mark.
    2. You were not talking to the WalkingDead AL.
  • Here's an opinion... Take it how you want.

Don't piss off the MEMBERS of the #1 "Stacked" Alliance, right before newbie mode ends. Fuck the officers, who cares about them... But if the Alliance is stacked as you say... Who are they lookin to farm now? I'd enjoy the Walking part now... Cause I foresee the dead part coming soon.

Get the link to end peace early, contact me.. I know some people... I think. That will go a long way towards appeasing the masses.

I'm also planning a hostile take over on my SL cause he didn't buy my end of noob warp gate... That ASSHOLE! :-)
  • Listen, if WalkingDead AL is straight-up lying, then he's screwing over two alliances worth of people. I understand well the difficulties finding leadership early in the round (trying to get AL to AL messages coded in GoC in fact). Fact of the matter is if our AL is not lying than Oregon members should be as angry with their leadership as our leadership for being unable to formally negotiate this inactive war.

That being said, it'd be nice to know who they were specifically talking to - because that person probably both told Oregon to declare war and never said a word to WalkingDead, which has led to this point.
  • I will give you that NSG. I'm not an officer nor am I speaking for anyone involved, but tbh if I have a choice between 2 different kds, of equal defense, I'd choose a WD... Mainly cause of this. Unless that other KD is my SL, then he's fucked.
  • How often do people randomly send messages asking for inactive war and claiming to be AL? When I get a message from someone AFTER I had been asking around in WalkingDead who the AL was so I could speak to them about inactive war and then someone does message me... What do you expect me to think? Oh wait, I gotta figure out if this guy really is the AL or someone claiming to be and requesting Inactive war.

And if for some chance it was NOT the AL, OregonTrail declared war 7 hours before newbiemode ended, Why did no one from WalkingDead try to get ahold of OregonTrail to find out why there was war declared?

• I am VAL of WalkingDead, and I know who the AL is!
  • What hasnt helped is all the damn clock and dagger.

If a job needs doing you do it yourself, in the end I guess nobody knew who they were talkiing to!

Message from Oregon Trail SL Subject: Re: (Blank). Sent on March 30, 16:42:36I'm not AL/VAL, I was just poking around to play forward messages

---- Original message received March 30, 16:41:39 from me ----
    >> Have you got AIM and I can get him to contact you
    >>
    >> ---- Original message received March 30, 16:40:07 Message from Oregon Trail SL ----
    >> >> Hey..... Was wondering who was an officer/AL i could speak with in WalkingDead about an inact war and some other issues
    >> >>
  • I'm not any leadership of WalkingDead and I know who the AL is.
  • Just a comment, what else would we have planned out of newbie mode? Seriously it should go without saying what was going on. Regardless if it was planned or not. Using peace was to make us fail so we wouldnt gain our land and NW to keep on pace so you guys could get ahead. Thats all it was. Dont play this bull s h i t about didnt say it was an inactive war and protecting his alliance. They tried to catch us congrads, now just know you pissed a lot of people off
  • Catch you what? What were we trying to catch you doing?
  • Seriously you couldnt figure it out from reading the previous paragraph? You tried to switch to peace to make us fail to give your alliance an advantage if you think anything else you are naive .... thats what I meant by catch.
  • You've got your theories and we have ours.
  • lol its not a theory. Why else would you do it? all it does is screw you guys over minus first attacks
  • Whatever those first attacks might have been.