Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie mode strat

Comments

• Anyone that razes PPs before land reward should quit this game.
  • Errr at the start, don't you wanna raze b4 reward, b/c the cost of buildings jumps up by like 30/building after reward?
  • no way only noobs do that

and exploring in mobi is the key to success
  • no way only noobs do that

and exploring in mobi is the key to success
    Amen brotha
  • SB your statement just shows how bad you are at this game. spreadsheet and yes you will find 10 good robs all at once. you fat noob
  • Lynog, I like my strat better. I'll have ~6.5k probes with roughly the same military as yours, which would've been more if I hadn't overslept and missed a money reward worth 150k.
  • edited November 2011
    Why must you lie.

96 Pfs start give you ~4,5k probes.

To have 6,5k, you would need to go 128-144 PFs from the start, if you did that you would have like 200 tanks military max.

150k income reward? So you would have 50k income, with such high probes. Yeeeeeeh ok.
  • Who said I made PFs at the start, and why would I lie?
  • Well, as for myself, I'm efforting hard to follow Lynog's strategy, still I messed it up a bit, I'm sorry Lynog, im just not good player, anyway here it goes:

You have a total of 2,725 probes to send out.

With a safe Defense, not a ultimate Defense, but a safe one and with this number of probes ill recover easily all the money I didn't gained before.

In regards to Modgy's comments.. that's just plain ridiculous.. get a life. 50k income i had before i razed my SMS into PFs as Lynog suggested.. anyway, I just need to join my voice to Lynog and Jones voice calling you a liar..
  • I must say I feel kinda honored by all of you calling me a liar.
  • Of course, I could've made lts and had over 1.2k tanks worth of D, but I'd rather save the soldiers for the out of nub cash.
  • edited November 2011
    Who said I made PFs at the start, and why would I lie?
    To get 6,5k probes.. you would need to have ~144 Pfs from the start.

So if you didnt make them from the start, then you would need to convert like ~300 land to Pfs around hour 40.

Either way your lying. Its impossible to do.

Like smooth said the max to leave with is about 5k, and thats with a myst or a VI when you can raze the extra PP's and go 112 Pfs from the start - Even when you do that, you will only be coming out with 1/2 the military of lynogs strat he posted.
  • modgy you are talking to people who have tried to optimise newbie strats for years an years. Its impossible to do what your saying you have done now stop talking shit and shut up
  • Ok, I lied... I recalced and I'll only have 6.4k probes.

So if you didnt make them from the start, then you would need to convert like ~300 land to Pfs around hour 40.
    or 240 land to PFs at 46h.
  • 6.5k probes means AVERAGING 120pfs all of n00b..... so no SMS ever.... u can say w/e u want about ur strategy but unless it goes powerless and u have like half the soldiers or smthing i don't think any1s going to believe u
    Powerless, yes partly.

Half the soldiers, no. I probably have more than most, around 4.3k total soldiers made during nub mode.
    modgy you are talking to people who have tried to optimise newbie strats for years an years. Its impossible to do what your saying you have done now stop talking shit and shut up
    I'm loving your reaction to this :)
  • edited November 2011
    When i convert 160 at hour 36, i usually have money for 800 tanks def.

160 land for pfs comes from 154 mines 6 free land. Where are you magically pulling this extra 80 land from to convert 240 10 hours earlier? Lets say you went 0 TCs, thats 36-38, so you would have to raize ~45 res to make up for the land. Or you played with TCS and pretty much went r/r. 4.5k soldiers, more lies.

10 hours less income (~400-500k), plus extra building costs. Your not coming out with more than 300 tanks.

Plus u would have low pop/solds leaving newbiemode. Then you would have to rebuild all your resi with your first wave of grabs.
  • How is posting a SoK/SoB going to prove anything if you don't believe me? Those could just as easily be faked.
  • edited November 2011
    Well just as faking anything else, changing the numbers... I suppose you mean it wouldn't be any point to doing it.

So here's my SoB:

Name Amount Percent 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    Planets 389 100% 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Residence 0 0% 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Barracks 0 0% 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Nuclear Power Plant 18 5% 3 3 3 3 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Star Mine 74 19% 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Training Camp 39 10% 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Probe Factory 232 60% 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
  • If thats your real SoB

You will be coming out with sh*t soldiers, and sh*t military. If you went all tanks you will be full suicided after your grabs. Or you went LT/troopers and i can just say haha :-))

Not to mention, your gonna have to use ur PAs to stay alive, OR rebuild your res/rax quick.

Quite possibly the most noob thing i have seen in a long time, no wonder you get rolled out so easy haha
  • Hard to say: With this round's pop bonus, he could still very well have 4-5k pop. If you go to mobil earlier, 4k soldiers is possible too.

Seems like more effort than it's worth though, especially when your only competition is noobs like Jones. :D
  • Shit soldiers?

I'll have 3k soldiers, 600 tanks and 600 goons. So after I build 1k something tanks out of newbie I'll have over 800 tanks defense, plenty of tanks coming in and plenty of soldiers to keep building tanks from.

Of course I'll rebuild racks/res, those probes are made for robbing. After my second wave of hits I should be at at least 10k pop.
  • that isnt a strat either its a joke, your a joke and your kds are always a joke. rank one farmer who gets spanked for a laugh, well done
  • My newbie strat gets more probes, more money and more soldiers than yours. Yeah, I find it pretty funny too.
  • it doesnt get more sols nor more money, your also powerless with worse defense, also may i ask master modgy if you made all LTs why the hell do you have tcs?
  • also may i add modgy that you are a really shit player.

thanks
  • I won't be powerless when newbie mode ends. You said you get 800 tanks defense, I have more than that.

When did I say I made LTs? I only said if I had made them I would've had over 1.2k tanks defense.

So how many soldiers does your strat get?
  • Are you really bragging that you can have higher income etc as r/r than players who arent r/r

nice..
  • why are people arguing about who has the best newbie strategies? pretty sure newbiemode is mostly worthless, a couple failed hits, failed PA's, or early attackers picking on you can quickly change your fortunes even after the best newbiemode. :D
  • 2.3k sols on s2 with 1k tanks and 1k goons, thats this round though normally on s1 it would be like 2k sols 800 tanks and some offense