Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie mode strat

Comments

• Shut up persona.

You dont know anything B-)
  • from game start to end, you will exit with roughly ((58+ (16/2))*.75)*PF probes.

plugging in 6500 = around 135 pfs needed.

having 115 land left over, keeping 80 resi, razing to 14 pps, razing rax = (115 - 94 -SM) land = 21+15(rewards) = 10 sms + 1set being built and 6 free land

getting reward and building on reward and 6 free land to sms = 42 sms

42 sms from tick 56 and on total income including pop for DW to tick 12 (Including max resi, not including overflow, max research) = ((44+9)*(70*80*1.95*1.4225+120*42*1.4225)) = 1203259 monies
    (1.4225 works for some reason dont ask me :-p)

Factor out monies from tick 72 to 56 to pay off majority of building/ exploring/ scientists and soldiers for scientists,

not considering extra sets of land for resi/sm (will make income higher)

then
    1203259 - (600 * 79+150) - (600 * 1225 + 150) = 240859/ 150 = 1605 soldiers

do 2 sets of resi after the set of sm and it should look a bit nicer and able to draft a bunch of soldiers if entered mobil earlier

• I remember during the -20% draft soldiers round some dude did a rr exit as well, though he eventually died after constant kts on him
  • Qwjvfiil, It was about my newbie strat vs. lynogs and him calling mine shit without knowing anything about it. Then calling me a liar when I told about it. Then insulting me when he realized it was real and more efficient than his.

If he had posted a strat that was better than mine, I wouldn't be talking down on him for it. I'd try to improve upon it, and come back when I had done so.
    modgy you are talking to people who have tried to optimise newbie strats for years an years.
    I know newbie doesn't really matter in the long run, on the other hand I usually get bored with the game after the first weeks at which point I'm often already dead, or I'm slacking behind from not bothering to put as much time in anymore. Newbie mode and the start of the round is something I consider myself fairly good at and the time of the round I enjoy the most. War is fun too as long as they happen before I get to the don't give a crap anymore stage.
  • at the end of newbie mode SS your sok and if you have what you say you have ill say well done i was wrong
  • I like to play the start where i can farm loads, but then i fall behind when im out of farms and get rolled out.
  • I like to play the start where i can farm loads, but then i fall behind when im out of farms and get rolled out.
    If I was farming, why would I run out of them? Makes no sense.
  • edited November 2011
    nvm
  • you did farm and you was rank one one. when you was there you thought you was the utter dogs bollox then your world came crashing down around you.
  • I'm fairly sure my world didn't crash, just my KD.
  • im pretty sure it was your world. you loved that kd more than you love your pet dog and when it all got fucked up you lied in bed in the fetus position and weeped frantically for atleast 72hours
  • There's no fooling you is there. I think it was almost a week before I could stop crying.
  • didnt modgy try to mass units and fail attack someone?
  • yeah after he got totally owned he started massing all goons and came nowhere near close to breaking jones, all the massing O turned his KD into a huge pile of shit and hit got hit like 30 times in one day.
  • yeh to hit jones haha
  • smooth im expecting big things from you this round nig, your guna have to fill the gap ive left on s1 and own all the noobies over there :)
  • i have to ask..modgy did you die?

There's my SoK, one tick after end of nub. Got hit by some random DW, lost 61 tanks and 232 soldiers. Probes were at 6.4k out of nub before using them. About 700 tanks in production at the time of the screen shot.

With waking up in time for my first money reward, I would've had 120 tanks more.
  • i have to ask..modgy did you die?
    Haha, of course not... Why would I have?
  • that just looks exactly like a 96 pf start tbh bro. slightly better btu not much
  • 600 tank def is bad, especially this round. that looks like a good land hit for a dw with 1 wl before 3 inactive hits

not really worth the extra probes if u are going to be that easy
  • Btw, I can fake that images, but the question is not who cans, is more, is there anyone that can't ?
    Still, you're just above the "safe" D, but who can be safe with all this DW running around ? Anyway your defense was just ok, nothing special. And the fact you were a good snack just proved it.
    Still nice probe count :D
  • 600 tank def is bad, especially this round. that looks like a good land hit for a dw with 1 wl before 3 inactive hits

not really worth the extra probes if u are going to be that easy
    I know it's bad defense, doing it again, I'd make sure I woke up for that reward. First time I did this strat with high probes, of course there are some things I could've done better.
  • even with that reward i still wouldnt say its good def

if u get away with it and dont get hit it looks ok but for all the effort and risk id probably just do the normal way haha
  • even with that reward i still wouldnt say its good def

if u get away with it and dont get hit it looks ok but for all the effort and risk id probably just do the normal way haha

With the reward I would've had 720 tanks plus 3k soldiers (and the goons). That's 1053 tanks defense. 6.5k probes.
    2.3k sols on s2 with 1k tanks and 1k goons, thats this round though normally on s1 it would be like 2k sols 800 tanks and some offense
    So let's say on s1 with this round bonus it would be a total of 4.3k soldiers like your s2, I'm guessing you'd end up with about the same money for mil with the extra pop paying for the extra soldiers. That means 800 tanks + 3500 soldiers minus what is used for offense, let's just say around 500 troopers/goons. 800 tanks + 3k soldiers, yeah that's 80 more tanks defense. 3k probes.

Are those 80 tanks worth 3.4k probes?

If I went a bit lower on probes, say 160 PFs when I convert. I'd end up with over 4k probes. Also I'd have 80 more SMs ≈ 400k more money, 324 more tanks. This may actually be a better idea, guess I just wanted to try and go as high on probes as possible. I gotta try this on oceanic some time, that's another 300k money from saved building costs.
  • your forgetting after newbie we can make all our land into what we need (more pfs etc etc) you cant.
  • 300k? what kind of math are you doing lol
  • 300k? what kind of math are you doing lol
    The kind of math where I build somewhere between 5-600 buildings in nub mode.
  • building 600 different land, even being super generous at 1500 per building = 900k / 2 = 450k, not really close
  • edited November 2011
    well after realising what i just said is absolutely wrong and proving your statement, let me say i havent got enough sleep :-p

razing adds money as well