Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changing the 3x grab rule

edited November 2012 in General
I know its been forever since this has been a topic for discussion but i think with the new smaller player base we should at least discuss it.

I think we should change it from 3x is legit and 4x is a gb to 2x is legit.

We have all been there, woken up or come home to the news of being hit 3 times or more, it sucks. Sometimes it ruins rounds, other times people take it on the chin and move on, but its becoming more apparent that people are quitting after being hit that many times.

So my suggestion up for discussion is simple, change it from 3x to 2x and see where that gets us. [WarpGate] is already trying to change things in our 4 sectors, but it would be nice to see the uni get on board as well.

Discuss.

Comments

• An alliance can set any rule it wants, they just need to be prepared to back it up when others don't agree.
  • Xel, I think what he is trying to say is that he would like to propose that it be the new universal norm. He isn't saying that WarpGate is considering it a GB on their kingdoms when they are hit 3x, but rather that we are only hitting KD's 2x.

I fully support it. I haven't been hit 3x in a day since I've been back (outside of being KT'd), but I can imagine that it would suck.
  • Obviously this is geared towards the middle-end/bottom guys, and I think it's a good idea. Still enough people around to be hit, no reason anyone needs to get spanked harder than needed.
  • exactly what i was thinking. the server is small but it isnt impossible to find a dif target then the guy with MA protection...
  • edited November 2012
    Never a problem for me either. We should make more rules nobody needs that will confuse people. Think 3x retal for hitting a kingdom that always had crappy defense sounds fair.
  • I fully support this

• [WarpGate] is already trying to change things in our 4 sectors, but it would be nice to see the uni get on board as well.

Discuss.
    well that depends on your interpretation of WarpGate is trying to change things...because i don't think 1:10 got that memo. they've been running trains on smaller kds. Many of us are waiting for a few of them to slip up and interact on their matching IPs.
  • Can you give examples NLCS?
  • November 1, 21:42:08 Our kingdom Gelati (1:18) bravely defended against Last Fantasy (1:10) and lost 385 planets.
    November 1, 21:59:16 Our kingdom Gelati (1:18) bravely defended against Shinji Hirako (1:10) and lost 312 planets.
    November 2, 05:44:07 Our kingdom Gelati (1:18) bravely defended against MrJafool (1:10) and lost 321 planets.

here's a quick one.
  • Yeah, I think it's already known that MrJafool is free land to anyone who wants him. Dude was a farmer at the beginning of the round. Kill him if you'd like.
  • if you don't agree, its ok...can't fault you for that. everyones entitled to spy on their sector news, and draw their own conclusions.
  • No, I agree, he broke the rules. Go ahead and kill him. :)
  • jafool hasnt been in our afs. ive tried contacting him about the copy cat hits and no responce really
  • edited November 2012
    re: copy cat hits from 1:10, it's been a problem, we acknowledge it. as of 10:00 this morning we are hitting active KDs max once per day from my sector.
  • Meh, I'm not playing so it doesn't really matter to me, but a word of warning: changing long-established rules has rarely been met with any kind of success. All it takes is for an AL to let one of their top kds slide because he/she "didn't know about the change" and it sets a precedence.

Also, a lot of people may agree initially, but when a juicy hit comes around and the new rule prevents them from hitting, people's minds start to change.

Good luck, for what it's worth.
    can warpgates not post him up as a kt? I mean if you are giving permission to kill him then you agree he cheated and farmed and is now breaking your self imposed 3x hit is a bash rule.. why not post him up yourself.. you are the number 1 alliance. lead by example?
    +1
    can warpgates not post him up as a kt? I mean if you are giving permission to kill him then you agree he cheated and farmed and is now breaking your self imposed 3x hit is a bash rule.. why not post him up yourself.. you are the number 1 alliance. lead by example?
    Funny- We did have him posted up when every other alliance decided they would war us instead of helping kill the farmer.
  • We have all been there, woken up or come home to the news of being hit 3 times or more, it sucks. Sometimes it ruins rounds, other times people take it on the chin and move on, but its becoming more apparent that people are quitting after being hit that many times.

Seriously, for those people who get hit often need to grow up and stop whining or crying like a kid and kept on asking about "wth am I get hit often than the others?!". The answer is just simple and that's because of your crappy defense and very poor land/nw ratio, orelse people won't even bother to target you. You should learn from mistakes and think of how to build-up a better KD in nextime, if you don't, nobody you could blame on but only yourself. This is a war game, if you can't stand of all those hitting and expecting to have a peaceful farming in this game like "nobody should touch my ass, if you touched then i'll be quit", so i would say stop wasting time here and quit this game and you'd better go to play your fb game instead. :-t
  • a kingdom usually gets hit 3x because there is a lack of SOM posted on the sox thread(1) and lack of comunication between alliances(2).

(1) ppl playing high probes can easily get 2-3 kingdoms posted out of the 24 pas he gets in whole day

20 robs, 4 sox / day

its the least they could do...considering their lack of contribution to sector funds...

(2) Being AL includes staying updated about what happens in his sectors and having contact with other alliances.
    A kingdom that gets hit 3x by one alliance has his defenses crushed...a second alliance may not know this and "randomly" find a kingdom very open. There goes another 3 hits.
    Result: one less player in the game.

Funny- We did have him posted up when every other alliance decided they would war us instead of helping kill the farmer.
    I had him posted up when I was told to disband DX or face a war against the uni. Also, I am saying that from a "nobody's" point of view right now. I'm not leading WG or anything.
  • The real question here should be, how is that mrjafool still alive
  • The real question here should be, how is that mrjafool still alive
    how bad is his d?
  • duno but he farmed his ass off multiple times
  • you did though, and even admitted it on the 2nd one saying you are gona die anyway
  • its not a witch hunt either, just a #shittyplayerwhosfarmstoomuch .hunt
  • Sticky: -=KT MrJafool (1:10)=-

He's a VI with good defense, so it'll probably take some time :-p
  • Need alliance...all alone...
  • I like this rule....

• GB = 3x grabs is stupid, changing it to 2 is even worse.

Suppose it doesnt matter to me, im very rarely in an alliance anyway
  • Some ALs dont even know the current rule, lets not try and complicate things and just leave it as it is

some idiots think its 3 hits on a kingdom and any more is a gangbang, even if those 3 hits are from 3 separate alliances