Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going to London for two months

edited October 2012 in General
Willing to travel to meet up, I'll be cruising around on the eurorail. Who's down to grab a couple beers at some point or take an American to a "soccer" match?

Comments

• i want to see pictures
  • Have fun Sci!
  • who hung the monkey
  • Who's down to grab a couple beers at some point or take an American to a "soccer" match?
    Not me.

And it's called "Football" here. :)
  • And on the 9th day of the 10th month it returns.
  • Why are u comin to london? where u stayin?
  • If u bump into jones or Carl don't tell them were or how much money you got or you'll likely be robbed in a manor that you'll likely thank them for it after.
  • When you coming Sci? i had a spare ticket for this friday's england match.....
  • Hit up Tamara on Fbook. She said if you make it to Amsterdam she will talk with BS and Slacker and Cereal and others if you want to meet up :)
  • Yes!!! I could definately use a beer right now :( Make that a few gallons btw...
  • Also, try to stay till February so we can get proper smashed in A-Dam like tourists :-P
  • If you dont want to get shanked you better call it football!!!!

Nah just kidding, youre comming / staying in Netherlands too?
  • When mate? I am going to London around December to January
  • You will both be stabbed in london

• I'll be there beginning November 2nd until Late december early January.

My work has rented me a flat in Streatham.
  • We might be able to meet up with lynog and go see a football game sometime in lat december.
  • Stabbed in London? Wtf?

You have to seriously piss someone off here to get stabbed, otherwise it's just generally confined to idiots in gangs located in East and South London.
  • don't forget the badasses stalking you at your house.
  • don't forget the badasses stalking you at your house.
    Ah shit i heard about those guys... they scope you out over the internet then try to go to your house and beat you up.
  • they are super serious. BE CAREFUL.
    I've heard of some of them wasting a whole day waiting to beat someone up before.
  • while ur in london play a game called "spot the white man"

HAHA
  • edited October 2012
    Don't get it, there's loads of "white" people here. For a "Global city", there's very little variety here.

Well, except all those fucking Europeans. Every benefit office I walk past is full of those bastards. Seriously, fuck off back to your own countries if you can't work.
  • perhaps we can meet to talk more about this

it is interesting to me
  • Im not sure where abouts you are from in London skydragon cos the parts I know are the sort of places you will get stabbed/mugged after dark....

• edited October 2012
    perhaps we can meet to talk more about this

it is interesting to me
    What I need to do is take photos of these offices and show everyone how bad the problem is. It's ridiculous. Walthamstow was such a nice area with a healthy mix of Whites, Asians and Black people, but these Europeans have infested the area and all you ever hear is their shitty languages wherever you go, especially those Polish cunts. Plus, they don't even mix much which is even more irritating.
    Im not sure where abouts you are from in London skydragon cos the parts I know are the sort of places you will get stabbed/mugged after dark....

Care to enlighten me about what those places are? I know in South London that areas such as Brixton and Croydon are fucked with the estates and gangs, and places like Tottenham and Hackney in East London as well. Lived in Walthamstow in North East London for 30+ years and never had a problem, but others will say Walthamstow is a dodgy area. They can go fuck themselves because it's one of the best areas around. Even now, I've recently moved to Dagenham and, contrary to what people say, I think it's a good area. Every area has its good and bad parts, but I've never been mugged, stabbed or whatever else in all my life in London.

Should be moving soon up north to get closer to Lynog. Love that guy. Want to see if these scousers are as cool as they say they are.
  • Hackney, Newham, Islington - Seen things first hand in all 3 places this year, London is too unpredictable, you can have someone like yourself who has never had a bad experience or you can find people that have been mugged multiple times in a year.
  • there are bad people everywhere

obviously more in some places then others
  • I guess so. No-one should have to go through an experience like that. I wouldn't count myself lucky though since I know lots of people who have never been mugged or anything like that. Just unfortunate that some Londoners have either had to experience it or seen it happen.

A great website is police.uk - Been using it for a while to research crime rates in various areas across the UK including major cities but it would be a very useful tool if you're wondering what parts of any city, especially London are relatively safe and which areas are dodgy. Has an interactive map showing crime rates, types of crime etc for any area.
  • pospos
    edited October 2012
    might browse that website when i get bored

i think how friendly your neighbourhood is makes a big difference

how often do any of you talk to your neighbours etc?

in australia i know almost everyone living in the houses around me. some neighbours i know really well and talk to for a bit when i see them, the others always get atleast a wave.

that sort of neighbourhood where we all know each other is good. i think ive only heard of a break in once or twice in 20 years and that was just a bunch of kids that later got caught and beaten up and forced to hand the stuff the stole back

this all in a neighbourhood some people would class as middle-lower class...

find yourself a good neighbourhood and any suburb can be good to live in

you all watch each others backs
  • Today I learned SkyDragon is at least 30yrs old.