Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

!!ATTN: Seeking asian help!!

MalMal
edited September 2012 in General
I'm seeking the talents of an asian, preferably a korean. I have just bought starcraft 2 and beat the campaign and feel that I'm ready to start practicing for multiplay. I prefer the talents of a korean for obvious reasons.

!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!! I am a noob because I've never played this before. In fact, I played maybe 2 games total of starcraft 1 multiplayer.

PLEASE NOTE: I am also korean. Thus I have an innate ability to do well at this game. I just need that potential unlocked with the help of a fellow yellow brotha.

Parts I suck at and need to improve I need help learning counters, micromanagement, and how to sustain macro during mid and end game.

Comments

• This is lol. I've always found korean's to be overrated at starcraft, minus the pro's. You're making me want to dust off my copy though :-p
  • I am 2/0 currently. This proves my asian heritage is superior to round eyes at this game
  • Did you have to go through 5-game thing where it determines which league to place you?
  • $5 hit of acid will fix you right up Mal.
  • I have no idea wtf I'm doing. I just hit quick match and it matches me up. I think i'm doing 50 games of unranked or something.
  • $5 hit of acid will fix you right up Mal.
    I miss you
  • Oh right. 50 games of practice, then 5 test games to see how good you are, then you get tossed into a league.
  • I think all the koreans moved to guild wars 2. There's a ton of them on my server and they all speak in those crazy koreanese letters so I have no idea what they're saying all the time.
  • Here's a secret hint but you can't tell them I told you. The more circles you see the more profane the chat is.

3/0 wut wut
  • Ive noticed they ragequit more easily. You bust open the rocks beside their main, and they say "gg" and quit. No heart :(
  • is there a way to upload replays for other people to see
  • I know you could in the first starcraft, there were several sites that hosted them.
  • Yeah I've seen them around, google it and it'll show up pretty quick.
  • God damn it mal this made my roomates and laugh so fucking hard. We should play starcraft and just cheese like assholes.
  • more useless postcounts of lews. Sup Mal
  • Hell yeah Mal, maybe someday I'll see you on the GSL. I don't like playing starcraft much but I love watching GSL, the only real sport in the world.
  • God damn it mal this made my roomates and laugh so fucking hard. We should play starcraft and just cheese like assholes.
    My favorite cheese, even moreso in SC1:

• I'm Korean underneath this Ginger exterior...
  • Well I'm like 4/0 now. I don't understand how. I expected to be owned pretty badly but my Asian powers must be too great. Simple google search build orders are proving to be OP. Also everyone falls for reaper pushes and cloaked banshees. So I'm not really learning anything yet. I can't even beat the hardest level of AI yet.

So how do these 5 placement matches work? Will they be this easy? What are the differences in leagues and can you ever switch? Do I get bonus points or a handicap because I'm Asian? I need to know this stuff
  • mal you are awesome

i suck at starcraft tho

wouldn't you switch leagues depending on your ranking or whatever?
  • I think it eventually switches you if you clearly aren't supposed to be in your current league. IDK when I should even start though. If it's anything like how league of legends works I should play 400+ games before starting ranked.

• This is also a pretty obvious message for walls, tangsta, and default, who I know lurk here all the time.
  • All I do is cheese cheese cheese not matter what what what.

Nah basically my noob strat was either void ray rush or mass stalker/colossus and blink over walls.
  • void ray rush .
    Mmmm more cheese.
  • Wasn't default and tangsta the Starcraft noobs? I know u got them on private mal...

I tried a free trial of this an lets just say I'm super caucasian and haven't played online since 2000... So best of luck to ya I'm no help.
  • more useless postcounts of lews. Sup Mal
    Be happy that my work and busy life has stopped me adding more.
  • I think a lot of people are elitist. I played in silver once upon a time, it was 50/50 split from decent people and random retards. Then gold, which was almost always competitive, and platinum for a stint which was generally just people way too good for my likings.
  • I think a lot of people are elitist. I played in silver once upon a time, it was 50/50 split from decent people and random retards. Then gold, which was almost always competitive, and platinum for a stint which was generally just people way too good for my likings.
    yea agreed. but that's only because a lot of noobs just quit (naturally)