Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

!!ATTN: Seeking asian help!!

Comments

• When should I start y placement matches?

I'm like 9/1. Mostly easy but I fear da cheese an don't know much counters. Also I really need practice playing matches without that noob wall barrier that prevents rushes
  • Do your placement asap, even tin league has the barriers removed. Never gonna learn to ride a bike with training wheels on ;)

I found the best way to learn counters and builds in SC was to get rolled by them. If you want to be super nerdy, watch the replay of the guy who smashed you. You'll see what he did and in turn what to look for in the future.

Tldr: rule of thumb in SC -> be afraid of the dark!
  • If you want help I'm still the best SC2er from SK. However I am not Korean. So you have a choice to make. Is the best help worth it, it it's not from a Korean?!?!?

Although as a side note I know lots of kpop and have a kpop playlist I listen to regularly.
  • word on the street is Default beats you e z p z

Nahh, you're allowed to like what you like. I've just had bad experiences with white people + Kpop.
  • Well hopefully default or walls sees this. They are asian and good.

So I took zealty's advice and I was def premature doing my placement matches. Practically all the games were... cheesy? Is that the term? Placing a sht ton of factories in my base when they attack and doing cheesy rush tactics?

I'm at least learning. I can usually stave off a rush... having problems against the zergling rushes though but I was playing protoss. Normally I would just get the high templars out but I didn't have the time. Two games I lost to that.

So I lost all my placement matches and went to rank 84 bronze. Lost another game but it was close and just annihilated a guy that was rank 7, boosting me to rank 33ish.

So I really should have learned a bit more but those practice games weren't cutting it. I was like 10/1 in them and they were way too easy.
  • Were you playing practice against the computer?
  • edited October 2012
    word on the street is Default beats you e z p z
    This is just highly inaccurate. Default likes to talk a big game, but hasn't been able to beat me in a long time. And he got caught hacking when I was beating him in series games by the greater SC2 community.

He's then created an entire thread were I lost in a 4v4 to DT and some of her friends, and tried to claim I lost to DT. 4v4 and 1v1 are entirely different animals, especially when she was playing with friends and I was playing with random people.

Fact is I'm currently and have always been better with higher ranks and more results than Walls/Default, and can prove it. What more do you want?
  • i want that to be word on the street, word on the street is all that matters and it still says he beats you e z p z
  • lol what? you can want to shit out gold bricks, you can even call it the word on the street if you want.

Doesn't make it true
  • /shrug practice games are a colossal waste of time after you learn the game basics. Unlesd youre one of those people who thinks being in bronze will hurt your chances with getting laid... ;)

Thats the nature of the game though, cheesy plays are easy to execute and easy enough to counter, they play off the element of surprise. Hence why it happens more often in the lower leagues. Id say less than 10% of my sc2 games had queer rushes in it, maybe the gsme has changed since I played though.

I stand by what i said though. Youll learn more from bronze than from practice
  • I was playing practice games against real ppl.

Yeah I've already picked up some things already just from replays. In practice games no one ever even scouted. But all my placement games I've seen a harvester unit running to my base asap. The game I beat the rank 7 dude I scouted him making 2 barracks all at once early (third soon after) so it was pretty clear I just had to plug up my entrance which worked well.
  • Scouting is pretty integral, you dont want to rush to a unit that your opponent is ready to counter, and if you catch them doing a really stupid all-in build... its kinda funny.

• i just lol'd at this thread.

defnoob is in china la, dunno if he can play sc thru the great firewall of china, lol
    i think the sk forums are banned too. to much conspiracy LOL

china doesn't like games with alliance, mutiny and etc. in them
  • china is a fucked up place
  • sup walls

Ok I'm up to rank 22ish i think and rising. I won a game from this guy instantly leaving and checked his profile and he's like platinum in other games so I guess it was on purpose for some reason.

I have a whopping like 8 games done now and you're right Zeality. I'm learning a lot more now. I went for an MMM strat to start with two racks to start and the protoss dude scouted me out at the right time. I also saw he had a heavy defense set up for it so I switched to a banshee heavy army. Basically what happened was that I attacked his base with the banshees and took out his economy while I let my army attack his from behind his line. I took out everything but he took out my ground forces leaving me with banshees and him with a sht ton of void rays that I guess he was gonna hit me with.

So since I couldn't attack them with banshees I quickly tried to take out his base. he went for mine and took out my starports before I could get anything out. I barely won by taking his stuff out first.

I'm still god awful terrible but I think i'm starting to do it right.
  • There's a big sc2 scene in Taiwan, there server is connected to the Korean server. I'm, not sure if it's the same for mainland China but they have League called the TeSL and everything over there.
  • edited October 2012
    China has massive SC2 leagues, whoever says its banned is a retard as theres like 4 tv channels dedicated to Sc2 (unfortunately) just on normal terrestrial tv, not even cable. Tournaments everywhere too.
  • terrestrial tv
  • MalMal
    edited October 2012
    Won up to rank 15 when I went against a protoss who went expand start so I zealot rushed him. Also beat a zerg guy who first countered a zealot rush with those tiny armored thingies then I went air to counter, then he went too heavy air so I just made immortals to take out the armored guys and phoenixes and dominated.

So lesson of the day was that scouting is definitely the way to go.

Lost a game to a guy that snuck a probe in early and started making photon cannons in my base. I barely got one zealot out by the time and lost horribly. The guy was diamond in previous seasons. Any tips?
  • When you scout, you'll probably catch his probe. You just need to remember if you saw it leave or not :-p often times people stop watching the scout and thats how it gets in.

If thats not the case, you'll notice he either a)doesnt have a pylon in his main or b) has a forge. Both should alert you to search your base or just outside it, and i think a few workers can easily topple a pylon before he has a cannon built. Or even a zealot on the way to help the workers out.

Its been awhile, but that has been my experience!
  • When you scout, you'll probably catch his probe. You just need to remember if you saw it leave or not :-p often times people stop watching the scout and thats how it gets in.

If thats not the case, you'll notice he either a)doesnt have a pylon in his main or b) has a forge. Both should alert you to search your base or just outside it, and i think a few workers can easily topple a pylon before he has a cannon built. Or even a zealot on the way to help the workers out.

Its been awhile, but that has been my experience!
    If your resolution is good enough, you could simply count probes if you scout into his base. Look around for 15 or 20 seconds and if you don't count +1 there's a good chance he sent it out.
  • Alright next question.

I'm getting better at noticing when someone is doing a rush on my base and can prepare and deflect it usually. The problem is when that happens Im unsure what to do next.

My first instinct is an immediate counter attack but this bites me in the ass as they usually have more troops built when I get there. Sometimes when I scout an expansion build I ruh in and get an easy win

I've tried just continuing my stuff but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. I feel like I'm missing a huge advantage.

Whats the best response usually?
  • you do know that practically no one plays sc2 in korea. they still keep playing sc1 or LOL
    No.....Sc1 really has faded out and with the final BW televised game having been playing in the hybrid OSL season and KeSPA teams all officially playing SC2 now sc1 is really declining. It held in there for a while but it's fading/faded now.

As for LoL yeah there's fuck tons of LoL players. But sc2 is by no means played by "no one in korea."
  • ill take the word of a korean over the word of a yank about affairs in korea anyday.

SB would give his left and right tezzy to be yellow
  • hahahaha I like lynog's posts :)

Fact: Last time I played SB I beat him 2:1
    Fact: Last time DT played SB she beat him

hahahaha you mad bro? get on our level kkthxbye
  • get on my level m8

we all know asians cant aim for shit
  • who are you? lol

though I am glad new people are playing SK now
  • Mal I can teach you the 4gate build I taught DT haha. Pretty sure you can still get to masters or w/e league ranking they have now with just that one build.
  • pospos
    edited October 2012
    so u dont deny asians cant aim for shit m8?

keep beating the sc2 dead horse

would love to see you out micro me at games that take aim LOL