Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skato > Holo Calc

Comments

• One minor problem with skato, Im sure everyone is aware of it.

If you put a powerless sok into it, it changes powerless to YES, but still leaves 10% mil shields.

thats not a problem, if you were to make that kd powerless, then he still keeps his shields if they were up so it works both ways

• yep and in the end its better to overestimate then underestimate
  • Ya i think you can be powerless with shields, just means your powerchange wasnt enough to fully power them and have leftovers.
  • no you cant e powered with shields on a tick change but if you had low power and i made you powerless, if you still had shields up that tick then you will keep them
  • Why wouldnt you be able to have shields up and be powerless? If it took 10k for full shields, and my powerchange after units and shit was 5k, wouldnt that go to shields?
  • edited September 2012
    nope...b/c the shields would request the 10K and say 9,999 was available...u dont get 99.99% of shields u get 0 shields and go powerless because you requested more than there was...think of it like an ATM machine...if you had $1,000 in your account and you asked for $10,000...it would give you $1,000 and say you have no more...it would say insufficient funds
  • Ah, IVe never tested it. I assumed it would take what it could.
  • If natso doesnt fix it so that my soms/soks paste normally im going to track him down and have my way with his anus......no lube
  • it pastes normally for me, you just suck at pasting
  • so much talking about something that is so irrelephant, if you think its better, use skato, if you prefer holo, use holo, if you dont care: spam here for your posts: xxx look better after it.
  • chrome
    Yeah, it doesnt paste right in chrome. WHen are you nubs going to give in and accept the fact that google will own the intarwebs one day. Cave in now and you may get a fancy house out of the deal when they dominate the world.
  • chrome
    Right-Click > Paste as plain text
  • Yeah I was thinking the same. Pastes fine for me.

Using a funny browser?
    chrome
    Right-Click > Paste as plain text
    no.

I've tried both paste options in the newest versions of Chrome (Win7) and Chromium (Kubuntu). I've also tested in the newest versions of Firefox, Opera, and Safari on Win7. SKATO's parsing of tab-separated SOMs exhibits the same behaviour in ALL of these browsers.

tabs ARE plain text. you can encode them in ASCII. they've existed since before rich text formatting and graphics. they existed on typewriters.

if you don't have parsing issues, it's probably because your SOMs are space-separated. I don't know how people get space-separation when they copy tables from SK, but I know some people do. I used to "fix" SOBs for people who had space separation issues with spreadsheet PK calcs when their entire SOB copied into one cell instead of one value into each cell (basically by doing the reverse of what I mentioned above - find and replace spaces with tabs, manually fixing a few things where necessary).
  • no complains? HAH
  • the only advantage of that calc is the offensive shields, natso has to add them!
  • check out my calc - www.skarchive.net76.net

its pretty good i have never failed with it. and there are many ppl using it and no complains yet and it works better than skato or holos :)

Ive heard ou talking about hacking and viruses n shit enough that I know you are 100x smarter when it comes to computers, but also sketchy. Least skato doesnt fuck with me :(
  • unless its been drastically updated lovsans calc was the pits
  • 99% of my SK time is mobile, and i dont paste mobile, so skato is primetime.
  • edited September 2012
    skato for the win ;)

never produced a failure that wasn't a user error :)
  • Ill test out lovsan's calc.
  • check out my calc - www.skarchive.net76.net

its pretty good i have never failed with it. and there are many ppl using it and no complains yet and it works better than skato or holos :)

Ive heard ou talking about hacking and viruses n shit enough that I know you are 100x smarter when it comes to computers, but also sketchy. Least skato doesnt fuck with me :(
    Ill test out lovsan's calc.
    Be careful.
  • Lovsan's calc used to be completely safe. It didn't have any sketchy stuff when I checked over the code for him.
  • I always use lovsan calc and never failed with it and now he updated the research on it and
    skato I have a problem pasting sok or soms to
    Holos needs to be updated
  • I always use run on sentences.
  • Sup guys. I'm going to update my calc. So what has changed? I've been away for a few rounds.
    Less players, but since its been going like that for years, its not really a change.
  • I meant what changed with the game mechanics that I need to apply to my calculator... I
    not much, bcart gets lazy