Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skato > Holo Calc

edited September 2012 in Game Talk
Yep I know I am behind the curb on this one and very stubborn but I learned the hard way that having military shields subtract .1 from offensive bonus instead of adding .1 to defensive bonus makes a difference at some point in the conversions. If someone not as tired as me could explain math wise why it makes a difference I would appreciate it.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Why everytime i paste a som/sok into skato does it either remove the first digit from each set of units, or past NOTHING into the unit places

everytime it happens i want to hurt natso :-))
  • Need to go back to school and learn to copy and paste properly then.
  • 17285 v 17421 TF's. I just couldn't figure out why there was a difference so it must have to do with conversions because clearly there was a problem with it. Slightly outmatched at 17285 :p
  • Holo needs to update his, much easier/quicker
  • Yea I agree I like the layout of his much better which is why I have always used it but apparently on the higher level grabs it just can't compete. Would take him literally 5 minutes to fix it too hehe.
  • Skato always leaves out my first numbers on defends soks. Said i needed 6,800 goons to break i was like whaaaaaa?
  • Skato always leaves out my first numbers on defends soks. Said i needed 6,800 goons to break i was like whaaaaaa?
    same here
  • I used to know how to get around it. It had to do with what you copied or pasted as plain text or something. I forget now.
  • edited September 2012
    SKATO does not parse tab-separated SOMs correctly. it's really annoying and disappointing considering it's a pretty solid calc otherwise, and that is a critical deficiency.
    I used to know how to get around it. It had to do with what you copied or pasted as plain text or something. I forget now.
    I have two equally disgusting workarounds:
    1) enter the damn numbers yourself
    2) paste SOM in a text editor (notepad or similar). replace tabs with spaces and c&p the space-separated SOM into SKATO.
  • I just revert to manually entering it on hits that i need to send tanks for, the fewer the tanks the better for accuracy.
  • I just have pie or his kids calc my hit.

Takes 3 seconds and I never fail.
  • it takes out commas and anything in front of it, and a zero if it's after the comma :P
  • You failed with Halo's calc? His calc requires you to send MORE then Skato's standard calc. Skato's alternate calc gives exactly the same values as Halo's. Meaning if you failed an attack with Halos then you would have failed it with Skato's too and you simply just messed up something.
  • Hey no I didn't because I have more credibility then you so you are wrong.

kthxbye
  • I don't even know what that means lol
  • your wrong mind, also holos calc is terribly wrong with dw and im sure something is when it calcs powerless too.
  • Uhhh, I am about to make a hit and I just ran it through both. Skato is giving me lower then Holo. Skato Alternate is giving me exact as Holo. Tyrsis is talking about shields though so no powerless involved.
  • This is a regular normal planet on normal planet, 30% mil both, 10% shield defense, both SLs. Just ran it again, Holo's is giving me more then Skato standard and exactly the same as Skato alternate.
  • all i know is, ALOT of people fail using holos all the time. something isnt right with it, whether it only applies to a certain PT idk but its not right
  • I have never failed used skatos. I have failed using holo's.
  • Uhhh, I am about to make a hit and I just ran it through both. Skato is giving me lower then Holo. Skato Alternate is giving me exact as Holo. Tyrsis is talking about shields though so no powerless involved.
    defensive?

I just tried a few cases on both - two FWs, full research, 0% overkill.
    I found that holo's said to send more for: only defender being SL, both being SLs
    send the same for: only attacker being SL, defender powerless without shields, both powerless (no shields, with/without SL), zero research on either
    send less for: defender powerless WITH shields

I used defense = 10000 LDs (and arbitrary offense of 20000 goons). The powerless w/ shields case was 9167 goons on Holo and 9232 on SKATO. Less than 1% overkill difference.

Obviously not exhaustive testing.

• defensive?

Good looking, I think you nailed it. Defensive state with powerless conditions.
  • pospos
    edited September 2012
    isnt holos calc all javascript?

just steal the source fix it up have ur own private calc
  • Holo's is better even though it needs to be updated ...

As much as i really like Holo's calculator i have to admit that this one is the best at the moment.

http://www.skarchive.net76.net/
  • Wow I have never seen this one before.
  • edited September 2012
    Wow I have never seen this one before.
    I don't even remember where and when i 've found this one ...
    It must have been somewhere around 2007 when i played my last round ... I think Cere4l foward it to me ...
    Where is this guy anyway ???

• Wow I have never seen this one before.
    Was posted on AIM a few times, but naturally anything with Lovsans name slapped onto it has me nervous.

• Was posted on AIM a few times, but naturally anything with Lovsans name slapped onto it has me nervous.
  • 10% shields is good if in defensive....