Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Probefarms

edited September 2012 in General
Id like to do a little vote, as its brought up by someone at least once a round. I dont care about enforcing a ban on probefarms or anything, just wanna know the community's stance.

Vote:
1) Having a friend probefarm for you is the same as multi'ing.
2) They are a real person so its not an issue.

I ask because they are identical in nature, the only difference is the owner.
Not related to my S2 multi as it has no probes and i dont have any fucks to give.

Comments

I can't build a decent KD I just do not get the logistics no matter how much people try to help me and I am not bothered about admitting it, so I make a huge probe farm, at least that way I am useful in a war when I am running 35% PFs.

Why should I not be able to use my massive probes to help out friends?
  • Opinions if youd like haha ive seen an even split in the few coversations ive had. Wondering who actually gives a fuck, im all for friends helpin out :)
  • Having a friend is nothing like having your own multi, if you have a friend whos good enough to make a kd purely to lend you pas then good for you. If not, make some friends

some people like having a kd to see what goes on and just chill and probe for mates
  • edited September 2012
    Ummm 1... Id be willing to bet that every1 that puts a 2 is a probefarm user. It's all cheating and for people who can't build a decent kd without an unfair advantage.
  • edited September 2012
    :-bd
  • Having a friend is nothing like having your own multi, if you have a friend whos good enough to make a kd purely to lend you pas then good for you. If not, make some friends
    What if you can't get a friend.
  • I don't see it as a black and white thing. There are cases where it's harmless info gathering for friends or alliance mates, and then there are times where someone acts as nothing but a source of probes for another player, for w/e reason. The latter, while not cheating, does give an unfair advantage to someone.

I'd say use your discretion. After all, it's never been against the rules to kill other players off for any reason (or none at all).
  • wait probe farms aren't allowed?
  • wait probe farms aren't allowed?
    hehe
  • If you have your friends in same alliance as you are it would be best for you. If your friends does only probings for you and is a size of a probefarm with high pfs, it can cause you some issues, especially if he is in another alliance.

People tend to find any reason to KT a top kd. But if your friend is a common wellknown player who is known to be real, then even if he does multiple probings for you it's ok. Even if he does some aggressive probings and keeps his mouth shut only he gets kt'd ;) .. so yes sk is about friends and kd building
  • I don't mind high probe KDs helping out within an alliance or sector. It makes sense to use that resource. But this is another spot where UA's can be scum because you can have a probe-buddy somewhere else help you, or worse, when UA's occur within warring alliances a probe buddy can refuse to help the alliance with probings.
  • you do realise there isnt a single UA left dont you? i know your names no social group but you dont have to hate on every that has friends
  • Ummm 1... Id be willing to bet that every1 that puts a 2 is a probefarm user. It's all cheating and for people who can't build a decent kd without an unfair advantage.
    Show us evidence saying having a totally different person use pas when you ask is cheating....

Stop making silly bets and talking about people who "cant build" when you cant either

• Some just happen to have more 'friends' than others. Coincidentally online too.
  • you do realise there isnt a single UA left dont you? i know your names no social group but you dont have to hate on every that has friends
    [According to Lynog_LFC_x2ndCx]
  • Sorry I suppose I should clarify. People who are well known to always build probers are a different story, thats obviously not cheating.

I've been accused of probefarming when the guy I hits FDC caught a 500 lander probing him, when it was just a friend who had been KT'd and recreated. Or, like my S1 KD this round, I was around from the start but just couldn't be bothered to build on the KD so it was sitting with 1200 land and 50-60k probes at one point.

I used to think it was cheating and I think some people think its cheating but, really, all you have to do is ask! I handed out many SoM's to strangers near the end, all they had to do was tell me a joke first :)
    [According to Lynog_LFC_x2ndCx]
    so i cant fly my colours because ? you say so ?

there are no UAs around and even when there was they wernt "skum"

You sound like an angry kid who nobody wants to pick on his team for sports. Get a grip
  • You can fly your colors. Just like I can believe UA's were and still possibly can be cancerous for a game that every 2 months shuffles the teams up. If you play pick up ball, shuffle up the teams after a game, and someone colludes to not play good 'd' against his buddy - that guy is a scumbag.
  • No a guy who molests children is a skumbag, A guy who plays an online text game with his buddies against other factions of buddies and has fun doing it isnt
  • Obviously I'm more liberal with the term scumbag than you are. I'm glad you've appealed to semantics here.

BTW do Brits always spell it 'skum'?
  • NSG is an idiot, ignore his posts
  • Every time I argue with Lynog, Qwj comes in to add nothing to the argument. It's like you guys are attached at the dicks. Or mouth to dick.
  • i have completely ignored you for the majority of the time you are in here, even though you try to get a rise out of me constantly. So i highly doubt he has ever come in to add nothing to any of our arguments because i dont argue with you, he is right though. You are an idiot and everyone should ignore your posts
  • Who's the catcher?
  • Your mother, she loves the scouse cream
  • edited September 2012

Vote:
    1) Having a friend probefarm for you is the same as multi'ing.
    2) They are a real person so its not an issue.
    1) But I think it should be a known player if you're going this route. Anyone that shows up on a brand new pf account that nobody knows is likely not a real person. If I probe for Social for some weird ass reason and devote my entire round to that fine. Everybody knows we are not the same person I don't see an issue with it. What I see the issue with are these bs occasions where I'm supposed to believe your buddy from the office or school is really doing that for you. I don't believe it, at all.
    Some dude yelled at me in uni chat going on and on about how he was going to destroy my UA.
    Some dude yelled at me in uni chat going on and on about how he was going to destroy my UA.
    Well you should stop being such an asshole and kicking ass on sk with you and your top oceanic player UA douche friends...