Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Round Idea: Perpetual War Bonus

wl1wl1
edited March 2014 in General
Just throwing a random idea, Bcart may never do it, but I write it for the alternate universe of SK that actually gives a damn :P

The idea is simple: All KD's get bonus Attack and Land per grab as if it were in an alliance during war throughout the round, Alliance war bonus doubles the effect.

Kt's will go down fast, AT DW's will be balanced naturally by their own attrition rate (if you lost 20% of your land from a grab each time, you'll be dead in a few hours)

Comments

• I don't think you get it. The hard part on killing anything is getting enough people to use wls to hit for 10 land. Your idea won't change that. Meanwhile, those AT DWs you dislike are going to come back from the brink of death by hitting for enhanced land gains too.
  • James Forrest is right
  • By any chance did you look at this 'bonus' from the view of a DW AT?
  • @bakery Kind of :P Advantage for DW's: You get more land and even scarier attack power, disadvantage: you get rolled a lot faster if you are AT'ing due to your bonus in Dragoons

Also, at 400 land or below from an alliance KT standpoint, you should ask your probe and missile officers to take care of them, not just hitters. WL's can be used for better things than 10 land each. Who can't have 8000 probes or 6 missiles during war?

Few people playing SK nowadays are willing to be on 24/7 during a KT to slow down the process. With luck and a combination of probes/missiles, you can kill a KT in one coordinated strike.
  • Considering most of us die from popkill, I don't see how we would go down faster.
  • wl1wl1
    edited March 2014
    Hypothetical war in this alternate universe round:

40% land gains out of a 5K DW AT = 2K land gained per hit :P

40% land gains out of 3K DW AT with 5% MA = 1140 land

40% land gains out of a 1860 DW AT with 10% MA = 707 land

Current model:

12% land gain from 5K DW AT = 600 Land

12% land gain fro 4.4K DW KT with 5% MA = 502 lands

12% land gain from 3898 DW AT with 10% MA = 421 land

You see my point, to reach the 400 land where it is no longer economical to hit is faster and more efficient in this round.

It is a bounty and a curse for DW's. Top 10 KD's will fluctuate throughout the round and make it more competitive.
  • wl1wl1
    edited March 2014
    Ah, so 20% is only 20% in addition of base, not 20% as base.

That actually give me a lot more reason to want this kind of perpetual war :P

i.e. Base without war would be 20% and base with war would be 40%