Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Venezuelianeses

edited February 2014 in General
Anyone here from that country, i've been hearing horrible things are happening there these days...

Comments

• edited February 2014
    I was born there (yes I'm a frog, but I was born & lived 18 years in Venezuela).

The students went on the streets Feb 12, they where protesting because there is no food, and the insecurity is very very bad in the country Cops steal from people or don't do anything to catch thieves, more than 90% of murders go unsolved and since Maduro came to power about 1 year ago, we already had 26K deaths due to violence and thieves.

The government is fucking corrupted communism and when the youngs decided to protest, they sent the National Police to shoot at them. There where at least 3 confirmed deaths by bullets and more than 60 people injured.

Not only the police is shooting the civilians but also the "Tupamaros" and "Circulos Bolivarianos" are as well (Armed revolutionary militias created by Hugo Chavez to defend the Revolution) and the police isn't doing anything.

There are riots almost every night, people are blocking their streets and staying on the streets to protest with paint & stones while they are being shot at with tear gas and bullets.

Video in English to explain what's going on:

Cops Hitting a defenseless old man:

Very graphical video about what happened on the 12th. If you don't like blood or frown on dead people do not watch:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bxrd0_lo-que-no-se-vio-de-parque-carabobo_news

I did not post anything here because forum is mostly full of trolls (me included), but if you do care please spread the word. The national medias are all controlled by the government and silenced, Twitter has been blocked by the gov as well as bit.ly links and the people of my country are getting butchered for protesting against an illegitimate corrupt communist government.
  • edited February 2014
    Oh and small bonus:

Gets interesting afet 1:22
  • That's pretty messed up...
  • Oh and captured students that where released show signs of physical torture. There have been reports of students getting electrocuted, beaten, even raped with guns....
  • That's redic and sad :(
  • We should send them some democracy
    Brazil ran out of it too and its pretty much walking the same path as cuba and venezuela, so get some democracy for us as well :D
    Wrapped in guns and airstrikes.
  • edited February 2014
    We should send them some democracy
    Brazil ran out of it too and its pretty much walking the same path as cuba and venezuela, so get some democracy for us as well :D
    Dilma an other "great president" sup with the amazon in the end? Lobbies that financiated her campain got what they wanted? At least lula seemed to do some things well...
  • "The $957m (£577m) overhaul of the port of Mariel, in the west of the capital, Havana, is being financed by Brazil."
    Http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25920580

Thats a lot of money to build something in another country while ours fall apart lol...
  • Venezuela seems on the verge of a civil war....
  • Get off my dota servers
  • There have been reports of students getting electrocuted, beaten, even raped with guns....
    merica' thats your cue.
  • 4 months have passed, how are things there now?

Seems government here has prohibited main news channels from bringing up anything about venezuela
  • Third world problems.
  • i absolutely do not want america to get involved in this. our government will just fuck things up more. i do want the people to rise up and take control of their own future, however. nobody deserves what is happening there.
  • I agree with Aza on this. South American countries are hostile towards US Soldiers for just stopping by.
  • Only South American? :-/
  • all these niggers can do is pick seeds out of eachothers heads and eat them, if they had anything of worth in that shithole of a country then we would of already helped them and raped them for anything of value. leave these third world mother fuckers to sort out their own problems. They create their own ghettos so them them live in them.
  • Lynog you are starting to get out of line.
  • he does seem increasingly angry about something and venting it out here lol
  • Thing is that, even if the people "took control of their future", they always elect the wrong people to lead them. Nothing ever changes in these kinds of places because they lack the mental acuity to do so. Just the same old shit.