Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

driver exam

2»

Comments

• I drive defensively, I never tailgate people. No problems speeding if its safe though, whereas some people think they will die if they go 5 over.
  • Ya I don't speed excessively during daylight hours for that reason... I have full coverage for insurance, dont need no tickets making it go higher.
  • Can't recall the conversion for MPH to KMH but undivided highways here are 100, I usually only go 120. On the divided highways its 110, and it depends on weather conditions. If I'm in my personal car, on good roads, I don't mind going 130-140. In a work truck I have to stay under 115 :p

But that is all relative, I mean if you go that fast in traffic... I won't shed a tear if you wrap your car around a post.
  • The problem is that if everoyne is afraid of driving fast when the roads are empty enough, you get congestion when the roads are busy. More congestion, more cars close together, more accidents. Simples
  • i had some faggot tailgating me and beeping his horn because I was going the speed limit!
    Maybe he was with the DMV to test people with hostile drivers?

I don't know anything about the point system, I just drove the lady around the block a couple times and she said good job and gave me a license.
  • i had some faggot tailgating me and beeping his horn because I was going the speed limit!
    I don't know anything about the point system, I just drove the lady around the block a couple times and she said good job and gave me a license.
    sounds like my dad. back then the police did the tests and he basically drove the cop down to the shops, waited a few minutes while the cop went in to pick up some things and then drove him back to the station and got handed his licence.
  • i'm right now at the line for the drivers final exam(7am)
    (only have one chance lol)

so i've been wondering how are the exams where you peeps live

here i have sets of penalties (37total) for 1 to 4 pts...but any combination that puts me above 3 is a Fail.
    As long as you pass the exam you have to run somebody over to fail the driving.
  • In Texas they used to have a written and driving portion. If you hit the plastic poles while trying to parallel park, you fail it all.. beware, of the plastic poles.

fyi, I failed my parallel parking, but I didn't hit the pole so I passed :D
  • Parallel parking is the smoothest part of the test....i had 3minutes to go in, and no time limit to get out

But why is it possible to drive with handbreak still on? I was so nervous i forgot to pull it during the parallel parking and didnt even stop to wonder "what is this noise?"

Handbreaks should lock the car movement entirely :(
    Some stuff should be automatic...
  • Haven't driven at 80+ mph (Around 130+ kph) for years. However, looking at myself a decade ago, I'm actually quite horrified at the way I used to drive. Never been in an accident but always broke the speed limit, and often drove at 110+ mph on the motorway. I guess I'm just thankful that I didn't kill myself or anyone else when I was an inexperienced driver.
  • dont worry, sky...it can still happen...

someday, someone inexperienced might find you :D
  • Yup, no need to worry. :)
  • Parallel parking is the smoothest part of the test....i had 3minutes to go in, and no time limit to get out

But why is it possible to drive with handbreak still on? I was so nervous i forgot to pull it during the parallel parking and didnt even stop to wonder "what is this noise?"

Handbreaks should lock the car movement entirely :(
    Some stuff should be automatic...
    Dude...if that was possible then there would be no such thing as handbrake turns! Are you crazy?

If you were that nervous, you're simply just not ready to drive. Don't worry about it, you'll get there.
    And make sure your first car had an electronic handbrake :D
  • Its about 200 km/h, never in traffic though only when its solid and empty road, I have a nice car and I keep it well maintained as well

I downloaded the german techno from super troopers and was blasting it for about 5 minutes while cruisin between 160-200 km/h, that was something I crossed off my bucket list haha
    Never understood this mentality. I drove faster when I owned a worse car... once I upgraded and dumped money into a new own, that bitch stays safe & clean. I speed within reason, just cause traffic is slow, but I'll never take this car anywhere close to 200km/h off the track.
  • ive gotta wonder how americans manage to have accidents when their roads are so boring as you drive in a straight line all the time

they have nothing complicated like a round-a-bout or giveway, it's simply traffic lights galore.

answer that for me you skill less seppos
  • We have round-a-bouts in California. There are round-a-bouts in Alaska. Both states have their fair share of windy roads and crazy hills. You must be thinking about the Midwest of the US. Plus we drive on the correct side of the road because, 'Murica.
  • Also wonder about america's ratio of dui...no straight lines for drunksies
  • ive gotta wonder how americans manage to have accidents when their roads are so boring as you drive in a straight line all the time

they have nothing complicated like a round-a-bout or giveway, it's simply traffic lights galore.

you must also not be talking about the south, it's mostly dirt and gravel roads save the highways and town roads. Arkansas didn't really get pavement til the 50's
  • I go entirely too fast on my motorcycle all the time. Well, when it's warm out. lol
  • edited February 2014
    ive gotta wonder how americans manage to have accidents when their roads are so boring as you drive in a straight line all the time

The more affluent the area the more roundabouts. For example I present to you Carmel Indiana where most of the bosses of the large companies around here live.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carmel+indiana+roundabout&oq=carmel+indiana+roundabout&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.8976j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

"Carmel now has more than 60 roundabouts, more than any other city in the United States."

For whatever reason these rich people just can not resist roundabouts. I've had to commute out to this area for the last few years until recently when I changed jobs, and I am so happy. I stop just short of going into this clusterfuck. When 4:30 rolls around everyone tries to leave and is stuck in a round about. Sure as shit someone will wreck and tie the whole thing up. All the straightaways when you get out on the main road are always backed up because of it. The whole interstate gets backed up because everyone getting off is trying to go into a roundabout. It's fucking retarded. The second things start operating smoothly another rich guy gets on the phone and alerts the road crew to start a new one, and back shit up for an entire summer. It's a never ending maze of complete retardation. If you do drive into this area you'll find the most jackass drivers on the face of the Earth I kid you not. You'll get people in $100,000 cars tailgating the hell out of you for no apparent reason at all, trying to pass and get in front of you because you gave the car in front a half car length of space, honking, and totally freaking the fuck out. They can do whatever they want and the police are just looking to write you a ticket for any fucking thing. You are really easy to spot if you aren't in a mercedes, porsche, or bmw. They'll run speed traps on you while you pull out of work. In fact I almost guarantee one of them will figure out I wrote this and give me another ticket for some stupid shit that aint even in their jurisdiction. I actually got pulled over in a mother fucking drive through out here because the cop didn't like my license plate holder, which I bought across the damn street and was apparently completely at his discretion to fine me or not, which he did. I pointed that shit out to him after I got off the phone with the precinct while he had me sitting there, and finally got out of the car to just take the fucking thing off after being trapped 30 minutes letting my food get cold and being a prick. I told him to just fucking shoot me I'm tired of his bullshit and roundabouts.
  • edited February 2014
    This was about three years ago but it still pisses me off and I hate roundabouts. The lady that answered their phone at the precinct said and I quote, " It is not illegal but it is his discretion. He can detain you indefinitely without cause at any place he chooses."
  • I've always loved roundabouts. Here in the UK, they work pretty well.
  • edited February 2014
    They let elderly hold their drivers license until their final breath in most instances. You throw in round abouts and all hell breaks loose.