Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Next WW Game

edited December 2013 in General
OK, this isn't a signup thread, this is for talking concepts. I threw out two concepts in a werewolf graveyard for modding a game. Here they are. Discuss potential mechanic changes or suggestions to improve the games.

1) KISS - Dryads in the Woods: KISS (Keep it Stupid Simple) would be a game that sees a new logging village sprout up in the Maine circa 1900. The village is only about 20-30 people. The town consisted of all loggers who cut down the surrounding trees for profit, but as the town sprang up, two Dryads moved in as well, and have begun killing somebody each night with a kiss of death, starting with the resident sheriff (an elected official), and has caused a bit of an uproar. Another wood-humanoid joined the town as well, sensing a great danger, this Druid is also posing as a lumberjack, and has the ability to see the hidden role of one person each night. There is also the local cutpurse who snagged the keys to the jail cell, and can lock 1 person up each night.

Basically, 2 evils, 1 seer, and 1 jailor. Limited roles, lots of discussion, no mayor. Simple game play.

2) Meme Werewolf - Haven't thought this one through 100%, but different villagers are different meme characters (scumbag steve, good guy greg, ridiculously photogenic guy, etc) and have roles that are dolled out. I would like to see Sky or Dogtown take this idea and run with it, but I may mod it at some point.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    This is from Mr skydragonx who also wants to host a game. Tmonsta also is in line to host a game early 2014.
    I've had an idea over the last few days. Not too sure about the theme although I've been thinking about it using the traditional Werewolf formula of a Village and possibly Werewolves that you have to find. I've noticed that in every game we've played so far, you're told who the bad guys are and how many of them there are.

How about a game where you're not told who the bad guys are, what roles they have or how many there are. A kind of murder-mystery game. The premise will be as follows:

You have a small village of around 15-20 people. Everyone knows and trusts one another. On a particularly misty morning, a group of around 4-5 people run into the village clearly hysterical and out of their minds. You calm them down only to be told that they were being chased by a furry beast and that a few of them were killed during the night while trying to escape before arriving at the village. Are they telling the truth? Are some of them telling the truth while others are not? Obviously, the villagers will have roles and can use them. Similarly, the group, or maybe certain people, will also have positive or negative roles. Before too long, will you be able to trust your fellow villagers?

I'm looking at this game as a sort of dynamic and constantly changing game where things can happen during the day or night for both sides, but to try and balance it in a fair way somehow. Instead of being told how many bad guys there are, it'll keep everyone guessing throughout the game.

Thoughts?
  • I would also like to take this time to personally call out walls, jester, and rmag for being cutters. Not wrist cutters, but line cutters. So there!
  • Have a vote on who to go first lol
  • Jesus h Christ you all don't read shit.
  • Jesus h Christ you all don't read shit.
  • I try and make this a better place. I really do.
  • It was a lot to read :D you're a red wings fan you're doomed to fail
  • i think a more vanilla game would be nice, some of these are way too damn complicated.

also, in
  • I would also like to take this time to personally call out walls, jester, and rmag for being cutters. Not wrist cutters, but line cutters. So there!

how do i cut in a line that didn't exist.

It was a lot to read :D you're a red wings fan you're doomed to fail
  • In terms of Sky's proposal, I've played closed-setup games before. They can be fun or frustrating, just depending on how things go. there's no way for players to try and optimize play for the rule set, since you don't have a clue what you're dealing with. I suggest not having 3rd party win conditions that end the game early.
  • I just had this idea and it sounds pretty good:

so you kind of reverse the WW roles. It would be a 3 role game so there would be your killers, your villagers and 1 doctor that can protect any villager. The twist is that 80% of the people are killers and only 20% are villagers. The villagers all know who the other villagers are but the killers do not know who anyone is. The killers get one kill every other night and the villagers collectively get 3 kills a night.

Haven't worked out any mayor or lynch rules but thought i'd share this idea with you guys.
  • I read it, but I just wanted your reaction.
  • You're all giving me an ulcer!!!!! On purpose!!!!!!!!
  • Hi, my name is clay. Welcome to the skpfs
  • Hi Clay, you cut in line.
  • Psht I didn't see a line
  • Also hi tmonsta. Welcome to the skpfs. Wannna play in corynewbs ww?
  • You didn't see the line because you didn't want to see the line.
  • Hi Tmonsta!

Have you signed in yet? If you haven't signed in, you can't register for the preregistration on corynewbs ulcer.. er I mean WW
  • I don't like signing in, if you sign in then they know where you are. Gotta stay off the grid man.
  • Ready for something stupid simple
  • I have an idea. Can we play a simple WW lol
  • edited December 2013
    I thank Jester for trying, but that game is a little too complicated. I'm ready for a simple WW game again.

Although characters having O and D is an interesting idea. Cory, when you host your game, an idea to possibly incorporate is giving all characters varying levels of Attack and Defense points. There would still be lynchings (Certain death), voting for mayor, vigilantes and all that, but it could add an extra dimension to it without over-complicating it. Example:

Role/Attack points/Defense points
    Villagers - 1/5
    Vigilantes - 5/5
    Seers - 0/5
    Inventor - 0/5
    Doctor - 0/5
    Mayor - 2/5
    WW - 3/5 (Both WW's are needed for first night kill but, as more join, you'll eventually be able to kill 2 a night and so on)
    WW Scout - 0/5

Yes, that also opens up the possibility of Villagers banding together in the game and killing any other Villager if they feel an injustice has been done or want to take the law into their own hands. In essence, everyone has a night action. Every night, WW's can convert 1 person or kill 1 person.
  • its we're playing yugioh

go blue eyes white dragon!
  • Lol more like magic the gathering....does anyone still play that? It was nerdy but still fun. Anyways I would also like to thank jester for WW it's nice to have some kind of role for once even if I am slightly confused as to how the game mechanics work.