Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nickelodeon You Have Gone To Far

edited December 2013 in General
First you try to teach my children Spanish and now you subject them to learn about Hanukkah.

Ok, this isn't rant a serious rant, but am I the only parent who finds some of the crap my kids watch to be a bit strange?

Comments

• At least they won't be racist I guess.
  • Don't you remember the show rugrats? it was run by jews and they did Hanukkah episodes instead of christmas episodes. That was nickelodeon like...18-20 years ago? So? What?
  • edited December 2013
    You must not have watched the 90s cartoons filled with Hanukkah specials and sexual innuendos and awkward attempts at teaching how to deal with puberty...

EDIT: Wow, Rugrats was exactly what I had in mind when I posted, thanks Cory.
  • NP Shine.

Diversity is OK Darub, it's not like Nick is having a "Convert your family to Hanukka special".
  • I think you guys missed the "this isn't a serious rant"...
  • lol... whatever happened to I Love Lucy
  • ^Not yet they dont...
  • Oh, and Rugrats was awesome. My favorite episode was the one with the teething rings that turned them all into super hero's.
  • I prefer Molly. Lucy is too uptight.

Haha, I know it wasn't meant to be serious...we're just pointing out that programming for children has ALWAYS been weird.
  • I prefer Molly. Lucy is too uptight.

Haha, I know it wasn't meant to be serious...we're just pointing out that programming for children has ALWAYS been weird.
    YOU GOT SOME SPLANIN TO DO

Seriously? GTFO Molly is a drug.
  • Thank you for completely understanding and ruining my little joke there.

Yes, Molly is a drug. Much more enjoyable than an old show.
  • I prefer Animaniacs
  • I prefer Animaniacs
    not freakazoid?

what about beetlejuice
  • Freakazoid ftw and earthworm jim as well
  • I loved Freakazoid, still my favorite super hero.

It's all about the Kids WB, screw Disney and Nickelodeon.

Animaniacs, Batman: Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Freakazoid, Batman/Superman Adventures, Pinky & The Brain, Superman, Teen Titans, Tiny Toon Adventures.

(Okay, I watched many Disney and Nickelodeon and Fox Kids shows also)
  • ^Excellent taste in cartoons
  • ninja turtles, transformers, gi joe?
  • one thing that made me sad was that Batman Beyond was never really finished to an extent, sure you have that episode of justice league united that effectively ended batman beyond. But they cut that show way to early it was just getting really good...
  • Batman beyond was way awesome. But the original animated series...dat intro...
  • OG Ninja Turtles kicked ass.
  • But yes, I watched the original He-Man and the Masters of the Universe which was my fave until the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appeared. Which remained my favorite until Animaniacs.
  • Ren and Stimpy
    Ahh real monsters
    Rockys modern life
    Animanics
  • Ren and Stimpy
    Ahh real monsters
    Rockys modern life
    Animanics
    you just listed my most hated shows
  • edited December 2013
    I watched a cartoon a few years ago called Frisky Dingo... if you have some spare drugs, i recommend dojng them and watching that show.
  • Ren & Stimpy, Freakazoid, x-men, old ninja turtles, gargoyles, batman beyond, the simpsons, roccos modern life, and rocky andbullwinkle when I was younger
  • seriously TV is just a way to turn people into criminal's, parents in their teens, and promotes bad behavior..Dora the explorer was a runaway...Teen mom makes 14-16yr old girls want to have kids because they think its cool. Plus a national study found that in the last 10 years PG-13 movies have more gun violence and sexual enuendo's than R-rated movies....Seriously the younger generation and humanity is screwed!!
  • Teen mom is a horrible show on a network that airs nothing but pointless bullshit programming. That is all.
  • seriously TV is just a way to turn people into criminal's, parents in their teens, and promotes bad behavior..Dora the explorer was a runaway...Teen mom makes 14-16yr old girls want to have kids because they think its cool. Plus a national study found that in the last 10 years PG-13 movies have more gun violence and sexual enuendo's than R-rated movies....Seriously the younger generation and humanity is screwed!!
    That has been said since the dawn of time. Probably inscribed on the pyramids somewhere.
    Humanity has survived so far :P
  • yea but the technology that these moron kids had now a days will kill the world...faces stuck in their cell phones...it won't be long until one accidently launches a nuclear missile because they got a text and was too close to the silo.
  • yea but the technology that these moron kids had now a days will kill the world...faces stuck in their cell phones...it won't be long until one accidently launches a nuclear missile because they got a text and was too close to the silo.
    Kinda like the kids that ran around with flame torches when all houses were thatched?
    I'm not trying to belittle your point, I'm just saying have a little more faith in youth.