Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie Sim

edited July 2013 in General
Anyone know of a newbie simulator? Cereals isn't up anymore.

Comments

• the nice kids over at goc have one for ya.
  • the nice kids over at goc have one for ya.
    I only see Darius' suggestion of adding a sim. I don't see the actual sim, any help?
  • facebook post
  • Random information irrelevant to the cause posted here*
  • Physics had updated Cere4l's old sim, not sure where it's hosted at though.
  • it was on the skato website as well I believe but its gone
  • Is there a different sim?
    There are no planet advantages on the sim, server one or two options, and you can only build soldiers, troopers, or laser troopers. You can only research the 4 bonuses as well. Please let me know,

Thanks! :D
  • I think this calls for someone to make a new one!!
  • I second your wonderful notion!
  • Or you could sim in the round and wing it, close your eyes and hope for the best. I also do my sims in my coloring book
  • flames is just mad cause he doesn't get the previous rounds jokes
  • I just started making one too, but I guess I don't have to anymore. Thank God for Darius. More time for WoW now..
  • Sky I know its your thing to challenge sk players to fights but I would watch out for Darius. I heard he lifts bros bro.
  • edited July 2013
    Sky I know its your thing to challenge sk players to fights but I would watch out for Darius. I heard he lifts bros bro.
    Good point. I'll distract him with some steak and feta cheese! (No homo)
    You should still make one for SK if you already were, idk how serious you are though
    I had started a couple of days ago, but have barely found the time to do much more.
  • There's only so much you can do with a sim. Its just a tonne of different ways to get more or less the same outcome. The Newbie guide i posted all those years ago is the easiest and most simple start to do. I wouldn't waste any effort making a sim.
  • Playing a newbie sim is like playing Starcraft blind. I play SK because I only have to pop on a few times a day, if I had more free time I'd just play a normal game.
  • lol, none of you will ever finish the newbie sim.
  • lol, none of you will ever finish the newbie sim.
    This
  • its impossible to calculate for anything after newbie mode coz you simply dont know what will happen, Newbie mode itself is simple enough, i have tried all the sim shit before. Although you can come out with slightly better starts, its just not worth it for the activity needed for it.
  • had to go back to 2 laptops ago to find that thing :S
    I met your brother a little while back. Took all my energy to not mention I played nerdy games with you.
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks go to Mercer.

http://www.filedropper.com/simulatornewphp

Someone can host it on their site, or you can download it and use it in FireFox/IE/Whatever on your PC/Laptop. All I've done is update the PT values. I quickly checked various other values and they all seem correct. I didn't add code for the current round bonus because it's pointless, but will do so once BCart tells us what it is. There are some broken links but it's a very good simulator as it is.
  • No problem. Should be quite useful for newer players.
  • wasting time for your SUPER PERFECT NEWBIE MODE is dumb. same with all the people who constantly ask for the max newbie explore chart every round.
  • edited July 2013
    http://www.newbiesim.jwjacobs88.com

I'll be making some updates shortly.
  • edited July 2013
    5 extra land over the course of the game if put into sms, given that a round lasts 2 months, and a month has an average 30 days, then factoring out newbiemode ticks,

5 x 57 x 24 x 120 x 1.25 x 1.175 = 1,205,550 monies

thats what 5 extra land nets you at the start of newbiemode to the end of the game

would you really want to miss out on all that potential growth? i think not

and if you factor in all the missed money from taking money rewards every day, it will account to

57 x 120 x 5 x 1.25 x 1.175 x 3 = 150,693 monies

so you basically miss out on a whole lot of money
  • Updated a bit of the newbieSim formatting. Good god that's some ugly code. I'll do more some other day.
  • http://www.newbiesim.jwjacobs88.com

I'll be making some updates shortly.
    The sim doesn't gain income per tic, fyi :P
  • I just glanced at the code for sky's sim, yea, totally outta my league.
  • wasting time for your SUPER PERFECT NEWBIE MODE is dumb. same with all the people who constantly ask for the max newbie explore chart every round.
    100% true

Remember Modgy with his R/R newbie start to give him the best possible start?
    About a week later he was being grabbed.

Flazer too tried some crazy newbie strat, after first and 2nd wave of hits though everybody is the same.

As lynog said too it is impossible to predict what happens... random arsons/sabos, people failing on you by accident trying to hit 4 inacts in different windows, random DW antiturtles suicide breaking the biggest kds after first wave etc