Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

boston marathon bombings

Comments

• all the while everyone ignores obamas dramatic grabs of power which keep getting shot down by the supreme court. IE the ability to take/destroy land without paying compensation.
  • Don't worry Alex Jones is on the case.

He'll get us the REAL story even if police can't. :D

PS: In all seriousness my phone is telling me there is apparently a suspect.
    I would put money on Jones over Fox news any day.
  • all the while everyone ignores obamas dramatic grabs of power which keep getting shot down by the supreme court. IE the ability to take/destroy land without paying compensation.
    Are you talking about eminent domain?
  • edited April 2013
    They've been pushing through tons of crap they keep rejecting it and then someone renames it or shoves it into some bill that has jack shit to do with it.
  • maybe those were supposed to be fake bombs for the drill and someone screwed up the concoqtion :P
    Are you talking about eminent domain?
    Not sure about the name, in the latest Ted Cruz newsletter he talks about Obamas big grabs, that was one of them. In the states, if your land is to be taken and used for something, you must be compensated for the loss. Obama is trying tto overturning it

• Don't worry Alex Jones is on the case.

Jones is an acquired taste, but yeah I agree. I swear that guy is going to give himself a heart-attack someday though, lol.
  • edited April 2013
    I don't know if anyone noticed but CISPA passed the house yesterday.

Obama/congress so far have removed the following.

NDAA 2012&13 : Habeas Corpus, due process, right to trial by jury, right to a speedy trial what ever your idea of a court system for the average American suspended.

H R 347 : Removed right to assembly, freedom of speech to a degree.

Patriot Act : Removed probable cause, warrants, protection from unlawful search and seizure. Ask people in Louisiana how they felt during hurricane Katrina when their homes were invaded by US military, confiscating guns illegally.

Those are the three main rights that 50% of Americans have no idea they've lost... And they blindly walk with Obama and congress as if it's our best friend.

1st 3rd 14th amendments infringed. Next, the second.
  • edited April 2013
    Don't worry Alex Jones is on the case.

Jones is an acquired taste, but yeah I agree. I swear that guy is going to give himself a heart-attack someday though, lol.
    Just to clarify Fox already got it wrong there is no suspect. Or to be more clear Fox and the other major media just post whatever the fuck they are told and were left hanging like a bunch of jack asses.That is the difference between a journalist and someone handing you a script to read and pretending they are Godlike. Jones doesn't hesitate to tell you things are theories or speculation. I hope heart attacks don't run in his family. He believes what he is saying and it is filled with emotion. Since his program is unscripted and real time he is just saying whatever he is thinking and that can get pretty crazy for new listeners. I love it.

P.S. his reporter crashed the police interview and got them to admit it was a drill which they are trying to backtrack on. Oops a person got through with real questions lol. Fucking shit up. He backed 4 chans pics of special ops with black bags and now they are appear to be afraid to bring out their stooge. That's how you do it right there making waves big waves.
  • Completely agree that he is a passionate individual. Unfortunately, it sometimes makes him look psychotic to newer listeners (I got a few people to listen to him online a few months ago, but I probably shouldn't have considering he went into that mode again, all the while I'm sitting there defending Alex whilst my mates are saying I'm crazy for listening to him)
  • edited April 2013
    He has been on the air forever. When you get right down to it there are a handful of occasions people point to him being wrong and almost all of them are out of context. Meanwhile I could point out all the fuckups in the major media just today alone that would leave your head spinning.
  • My first thought was the government did it to expedite the process of removing every american freedom.

Its a bit of a stretch though, makes me sick to think about how young that one kid was who passed away. The guilt of knowing you caused that would destroy anyone who is sane, though the argument could be made that american politicians arent sane :p

Theres a picture going around on facebook that says, "Hey Boston, your bombing happens every day here. -Syria". To which I replied, "in a war torn country, wtf do you expect?". Much like Hurricane Katrina, don't buy property below sea level. Boston is, however, relatively peaceful, so the shock value is off the charts.
  • ...right.
  • edited April 2013
    Did they circle that sweet ass in yoga pants for no reason and write da bomb on it? I have been wondering that all day.
  • edited April 2013

Not sure about the name, in the latest Ted Cruz newsletter he talks about Obamas big grabs, that was one of them. In the states, if your land is to be taken and used for something, you must be compensated for the loss. Obama is trying tto overturning it
    I say this gently because I don't want to make you upset, but perhaps you shouldn't be too worried about something if you're not sufficiently interested enough to inform yourself about the actual concept. Really, I'm not saying it to make you mad, but to make a recommendation to decrease your anxiety.
    I don't know if anyone noticed but CISPA passed the house yesterday...

Obama/congress so far have removed the following...

I know the internet is hardly the place to talk about politics, but I don't really think making people pass a background check is an infringement on the right to bear arms. Background checks are pretty quick and easy. The ones I've been subjected to only take a few days to be processed. I know you have to pass a background check to work for some basic jobs like the USPS or to become a substitute teacher. I think it's a pretty sensible way to make sure that you aren't selling a product designed to kill lots of people quickly to crazy people.

If you're not legally crazy or a convicted felon - walla, you have your gun. Easy.

• know the internet is hardly the place to talk about politics, but I don't really think making people pass a background check is an infringement on the right to bear arms. Background checks are pretty quick and easy. The ones I've been subjected to only take a few days to be processed. I know you have to pass a background check to work for some basic jobs like the USPS or to become a substitute teacher. I think it's a pretty sensible way to make sure that you aren't selling a product designed to kill lots of people quickly to crazy people.

If you're not legally crazy or a convicted felon - walla, you have your gun. Easy.

Not really, its the first step, once you give the government permissions to infringe on any amendment, it will gradually and eventually be established for all. And I am not upset in the least, it upsets me more that people sit back, playing on their phones and let our elected officials make decisions for us without consulting those they are representing. I write/call/email my representatives very often so in the end when the shit hits the fan... And it will without a doubt in my mind, at least I know I tried to do my duty. And those bills I posted preciously are not conspiracy, it is fact. For the NDAA look up Judge Kathrine Forrest and you can read how it was ruled unconstitutional yet Obama lawyers had indefinite detention reinstated.

• Ill leave you with this last thought:

Obama is doing many things today that Hitler did in his regime, nothing is different because everything Hitler did was legal too.
  • I really don't like the 'slippery slope' argument because it doesn't engage the issue at hand.

And Obama is not Hitler - Hitler improved the German economy.
  • Hitler did, but by the end of ww2 it was destroyed worse then what it was in the first place. I don't understand why you'd call my paragraph a slippery slope argument, its true.
  • edited April 2013
    We already had background checks and I'd refer you to operation fast and furious and a... wtf is this shit? But hey some people think that and all the other oversteps are fine. I am no big gun fan but I certainly notice some crazy shit going down on this issue and how it's being handled. I'm not out stocking up and growing gardens I just have my eyes open. Do you have any clue what is going on in gun free Mexico as we push for amnesty and they basically have more rights than us? Chopping heads off like it is a fucking sport man. MM (13) put food on my table as a child they are everywhere don't think this can't happen here. Same mufukas you try to cop a plea with if you get busted will be in the shit you narc on. Think main media will tell you that? No but Jones will and he knows the consequences... respect for that man who puts everything on the line. If you think the govt told him to say shit that he is a plant I point to this. I hope this helps to shed light on why he is so worked up because it is not a joke. How long does he have to repeat himself? As a result I believe him. I'm from south Texas shovel that gun control shit elsewhere.
  • edited April 2013
    We already had background checks and I'd refer you to operation fast and furious and a...

...I'm from south Texas shovel that gun control shit elsewhere.
    The majority of voters are not interested in taking away the right for sane people to own guns. The majority of voters think it is a good idea to prohibit gun sales to insane people.

That is the issue. That is the only issue.

If the majority of people start talking about taking away all guns, then that would be a separate issue.

I support the clauses of the 2nd Amendment. I interpret them to mean that Thomas Jefferson thought that it would be a good idea to have a powerful private sector to place a check and balance on the civil sector. The 'right to bear arms' is a freedom I am not interested in removing.
  • I don't understand why you'd call my paragraph a slippery slope argument, its true.
    Because it is.

Not really, its the first step, once you give the government permissions to infringe on any amendment, it will gradually and eventually be established for all...
    That's called a 'slippery slope' argument. It is also known as the 'continuum fallacy.'
  • Man you guys get butthurt about things said on the internet.
  • Ill leave you with this last thought:

Obama is doing many things today that Hitler did in his regime, nothing is different because everything Hitler did was legal too.
    Hitler wasnt black.

someone had to say it...
  • I don't know if anyone noticed but CISPA passed the house yesterday.

Obama/congress so far have removed the following.

NDAA 2012&13 : Habeas Corpus, due process, right to trial by jury, right to a speedy trial what ever your idea of a court system for the average American suspended.

H R 347 : Removed right to assembly, freedom of speech to a degree.

Patriot Act : Removed probable cause, warrants, protection from unlawful search and seizure. Ask people in Louisiana how they felt during hurricane Katrina when their homes were invaded by US military, confiscating guns illegally.

Those are the three main rights that 50% of Americans have no idea they've lost... And they blindly walk with Obama and congress as if it's our best friend.

H R 347 was an update of a law already in place since 1971. In fact, it's laxing the tresspassing aspect of that law (prior to HR347, it was a federal offense to simply enter restricted areas, now the government has to prove you realized it was a restricted federal area.

The PATRIOT Act has been in law since 2002 (we can play a follow up game - how many Legistlators who've been working for at least 11 years don't give a fuck about your personal rights).

NDAA... where were you when we were discussing Bradley Manning? Anyways, I'll agree with you there's a gigantic vacuum of space where Americans should be when it comes to judging this law.

Obama himself has threatened to veto CISPA (again). Strangely enough there was uncertainty in the house it would even pass until magically 210 lobbyists (yes, 210 individual people) associated or directly contracted with IMB showed up yesterday and 30 Representatives flipped their votes.

The absolute disdain some people have for the US Federal government is beyond me when nobody so much as points out the shit the major private companies/corporations pull off.
  • We already had background checks and I'd refer you to operation fast and furious and a... wtf is this shit? But hey some people think that and all the other oversteps are fine. I am no big gun fan but I certainly notice some crazy shit going down on this issue and how it's being handled. I'm not out stocking up and growing gardens I just have my eyes open. Do you have any clue what is going on in gun free Mexico as we push for amnesty and they basically have more rights than us? Chopping heads off like it is a fucking sport man. MM (13) put food on my table as a child they are everywhere don't think this can't happen here. Same mufukas you try to cop a plea with if you get busted will be in the shit you narc on. Think main media will tell you that? No but Jones will and he knows the consequences... respect for that man who puts everything on the line. If you think the govt told him to say shit that he is a plant I point to this. I hope this helps to shed light on why he is so worked up because it is not a joke. How long does he have to repeat himself? As a result I believe him. I'm from south Texas shovel that gun control shit elsewhere.
    Background checks =/= Registration. Part of the problem is that gun sales between private people are legal so far as it's legal to purchase that type of firearm in the state the sale takes place without any background check or registration (gun show loophole). The idea behind federal registration is to maintain a record of the current owner/handler of a firearm.
  • edited April 2013
    The Federal Registration was not a part of the bill that failed in Congress.

H R 347 was an update of a law already in place since 1971. In fact, it's laxing the tresspassing aspect of that law (prior to HR347, it was a federal offense to simply enter restricted areas, now the government has to prove you realized it was a restricted federal area...

Background checks =/= Registration...The idea behind federal registration is to maintain a record of the current owner/handler of a firearm.
    These were good posts. I'm glad you shared them.

• edited April 2013

The absolute disdain some people have for the US Federal government is beyond me when nobody so much as points out the shit the major private companies/corporations pull off.
    If people hate a democratically elected Federal Government, people hate their own stake in the political system. They hate their own voice. 'We the People' is the government!

If you live in an autocracy, you can hate the government because the government is not accountable to the people and the people have no voice in the government. I think the fact that some political parties teach people hate their ability to speak for their own interests through elected representatives (that 'government is the problem') is one reason why democracies become dysfunctional.

• HR 347 made it a felony to anyone protesting wherever secret service men were in use...

it is also known as the trespass bill which also made it illegal to protest near government buildings.