Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reporting live from inside Hurricane Sandy

Comments

• People in the Northeast U.S. aren't use to hurricanes. Just last week they were complaining about the drought.
    They storm is more of a massive rain and snow event. Costal flooding is expected. When you live on the coast less than 15' above sea level. There's always a risk for for those locations as well as the river valleys.
    Although the press does get credit for helping promote panic. Frankenstorm and stormageddon.... Really?
    Also, the storm related deaths are skewed in our country. First 2. Man falls out of a tree he was trimming, man killed in an automobile accident with another vehicle. Both sad, but not really because of the storm. Don't forget the idiots that rush to the beach and drown.
    As a side note. There will be a baby boom in 9 months in the effected areas. Which proves, some people really do know how to weather the storm.
  • teleport stones being destroyed...
  • Good now the people who can do physical labor will have work to do.
  • teleport?
  • edited October 2012
    isnt it those teleportation stones from Ultima?
  • its a cyclone faggots
  • sci...clone

• I think its hilarious that here in Ottawa they had a weather advisory and everything set and an "OMG RAIN IS COMING!!!" advisory set and an "OMG WIND IS COMING!!!" advisory set... we got gusts up to 69km/h, one woman died in Toronto because a staples sign fell on her, and we got no rain as of yet. They are predicting like 10-20mL for tomorrow though. Hurricane Sandy... i'm not impressed...

Side note... LOL at new york and wall street and Broadway... the estimated losses for the states i heard this morning on the radio is like 300billion without storm damages lol.
  • ouch lol
  • Some of the comments in here are why people don't care about disaster in the US. ;)
  • Death toll in New York is up to 17, No reports on how many missing yet.

• atleast the streets are clean
  • East coasters, give me some heads up when the reconstruction begins so I can get a job?
  • edited October 2012
    :)
  • maybe if they are lucky the candidates can rescue a puppy!
  • edited October 2012
    Ironically that's the only campaign promise Obama has filled, so puppy rescue ftw.

• atleast the streets are clean
    this made me lol
  • East coasters, give me some heads up when the reconstruction begins so I can get a job?
    I would head this way now tbh... RedCross and FEMA are in alot of major east coast cities ATM so... Clean up will likely start sometime next year officially. But private contractors are probly already on scene.
  • Side note... LOL at new york and wall street and Broadway... the estimated losses for the states i heard this morning on the radio is like 300billion without storm damages lol.
    yea Downtown NYC got plummeted, all 3 major tunnels are completely flooded
    and Atlantic City got a really bad hit too... looks like this storm knew how to aim at the congested districts :(
  • yeah ottawa is lol for this storm. everywhere around us is bad, just not ottawa. if you want a weather chaos-free place to live, its right here
  • yeah ottawa is lol for this storm. everywhere around us is bad, just not ottawa. if you want a weather chaos-free place to live, its right here
    how many times did they tell us to expect 30-40cm of snow last winter and we didnt even get a single flake? lol

storms like to bubble around us
  • Stay safe people.
  • So a house down the street blew up. I don't mean ignited - I mean, just blew up. Big fuckin gas fire - no fire engines could reach it because of all the downed oak trees (they laughed at my 16" chainsaw). Found an old guy on his lawn who was in pretty damn good condition considering he was just ejected from his leveled house. Guy next door was eating and the concussion threw a steak knife into his abdomen - he's still in critical.

Damn nature, you scary.
  • 5 Days will out power but I survived. Really need gasoline tho, if anyone has a tanker you can make some real money. P.S. my kd is still here ;)
  • Welcome back. I heard Budweiser is canning ya water. If you get a can post a pic plz.
  • Will do Dank. lol
  • 8 days. Still no power - another storm on the way too. Don't worry LIPA, it's only 42 degrees in my house. No biggie.
  • Well, at least you waited a week before you started complaining. There were people complaining about being powerless 3 days after the hurricane. I lol'd, because I'm from Florida, and we lost power for weeks at a time from hurricanes smaller than the one that hit you guys. Restoration doesn't happen quickly, especially with large scale destruction like that.

Best of luck though.