Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dota 2 - Brilliance or Insanity?

edited April 2012 in General
http://www.develop-online.net/news/40568/Valve-DOTA-2-will-be-a-new-kind-of-free-to-play

My personal opinion on this article... wtf I hope TSA post nude photos of you online and then charges you for every seat to ride on a 747 Gabe, you fat sob. Sorry bro it's just personal opinion due to comments I read in other forums about your weight, so it's fair.

I'm curious what you think.

Comments

• It's a good concept, but I'm not sure just how you can implement it. Discount based upon likability can always be manipulated. How hard is it to create a blog or website with a "you like me, I will like you" theme and people will google it and suddenly most of the players are playing full content for free regardless of actual likeness factors.
  • edited April 2012
    New people do screw your team and they are the biggest complaint. This is a tax on new people and I'm one of them. It's bad enough that I have to sit there for 45 minutes and can not even stop playing while my team is screaming at me and saying they'll report me because I'm new and tried a new character. If I leave I get hit with an abandon. I abandon another game at any point over the weekend it takes me 60 minutes to get into a match for a few days. They put you in a pool called low priority. The only thing that could piss me off any more would be charging me to get out of that pool to top it off.
  • edited April 2012
    it will likely be done using the report system implemented in the game. ie: if you have a report level that is higher than a predetermined level, you will have to pay X/month to continue playing.

Edit: which is kind of BS, because we all have our off-games and sometimes get stuck with heros we are truly bad at. everyone loves reporting for "Intentionally feeding" when it's not actually the case.