Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this suicided? or just open..?

edited April 2012 in General
Home Leader War Leader #1 War Leader #2 War Leader #3 War Leader #4
Status AVAILABLE (0) UNAVAILABLE (11) UNAVAILABLE (6) UNAVAILABLE (1) AVAILABLE (0)
Soldiers 0 0 0 0 0
Troopers 0 0 0 0 0
Dragoons 0 0 0 0 0
Fighters 0 0 0 0 0
Laser Troopers 0 0 0 0 0
Laser Dragoons 26,632 0 0 0 0
Tanks 3,621 5,857 5,857 5,857 0
Tactical Fighters 904 3,437 3,438 3,438 0

I make they have 51% defence home..

but someone else claims its 34% home..

Comments

• thats ajar
  • thats ajar
  • DEFINITELY AJAR
  • edited April 2012
    damn sk is a hard game, i can't even "speal" the word jar
  • 36.1% total military home 63.9% total military out
    Not a suicide though close. Just very Open

Bare in mine this guy has 6k land. Pitiful defense Imo
    u make english cry.
  • Capitalizing 'open' was my favorite part. What was you're favourite?
  • Capitalizing 'open' was my favorite part. What was you're favourite?
    Really?
  • 6k land? where?
  • Unless you ask me.
  • Unless you ask me.
    I dont ask googler, I ask google.

total military means nothing, its defensive units that count. he has 50% of his D out so hes tecnically not suicided in todays sk, 5 years ago he was food, now they kinda go with 2/3 of your defensive if i remember rightly

total military means nothing, its defensive units that count. he has 50% of his D out so hes tecnically not suicided in todays sk, 5 years ago he was food, now they kinda go with 2/3 of your defensive if i remember rightly
    That makes as much sense as protecting anti-turtles.
  • Current DPA is an always has been the best way to go about it. If you're all tanks and land-skinny you should be able to send out more than %50.

Not true.. if I was 1k lds 2k TFs then by your reasoning I am not open? Yet I am considered anti turtle which by definition is being able to break yourself twice or having less than 33% of your total military in defense, hence constant suicider... Meaning free land.

• no i just mean in this guys case^^ the one who is posted at the top, he has 50% of his defense out, his offensive units dont mean anything
  • I should hope while debating they were also busy hitting that easy land early and often :)
  • Should it mean something if his total offense can break his defense at home? Or just his defensive-able units acting as offense?
    Are Tac Fighters negligible in this formula?
    Shouldn't we look for a standard?

Couldn't we just go back to DPA, which not only is the must justifiable standard across all KDs (with an inverse logarithmic scale as KD land increases), and also makes the most sense for KDs attacking (assuming land is same amongst possible targets).
  • common sense is all thats needed, if you send out half your defense and get caught then its your own fault, If you can break yourself and you get owned then its your own fault.

• Until arguments occur accross alliances when one AL interprets "open" one way an another AL interprets "open" in another way.
  • well as far as i know its 2/3 of your defense being out is a suicide. Anti turtles are different ofcourse they go by % of total mili
  • Only nerds calculate and care about this crap. If you sent out some assload of tanks you deserve every single hit you get.
  • Only nerds play this game, so it doesn't matter if you run off some quick calculations anyway.
    FTFY
  • no i just mean in this guys case^^ the one who is posted at the top, he has 50% of his defense out, his offensive units dont mean anything
    Fuck that shit, I will always calculate using total military. Defensive units only is just retarded.
  • Unless you take into account DPA.

Total military = nw based -> still not the best representation.
  • I always use total military otherwise you lose any argument with hitting anti turtles.
  • I miss the days of DPA, you all over complicated things. In the days I AL'd I would defend a gang bang on this player because he might as well be fish food, I'm no pro KD builder but common sense comes into play here and this guy is lacking it.
  • Always use total military units, defensive units only is retarded.
  • Total mili units. Def units is retarded. Especially if antiturtle kd.
  • Im with meadows

DPA and all that shit only matters if you are breakable