Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protecting New Players

Comments

• Public forum poster marked as 'Newbie' when thinking BCart would implement anything in the game.
    Certainly not me. I have many posts :)
  • lol itt: sci calling himself an elite player
  • I don't wanna sound like a whiner, because there are worse cases than my own out there. However, I'm new to SK, and after making a total flop of a kingdom last round, I've been following some gathered information here and there.. So what I end up with now is a ~2k land F&W turtle with LDs and tanks. I recently got rolled out three times and was wondering what a person does in that scenario.

Each hit cost me roughly 600 LDs and 300 tanks per hit. So with each consecutive hit, my ability to replace the lost military goes down due to lost buildings, plus my ability to replace these lost buildings goes down due to lost income. I was told to build defense, so my military spending is 100% in LDs. Defense is determined by tanks per land, right? If so, I had 7 tanks per land before the hits, and 7.5 tanks per land now. Was this just far too low? After looking at the people who hit me, I'm 400k NW, and the attackers were 900k, 1.1m, and 1.2m respectively. One almost bashed me by a margin of less than 100 land. I'm not sure how a person builds defense to stay safe in these cases.

I'm not saying, "waaah why u hit people in war game?" I'm more-so asking what a new person does in this case. What's the best course of action to take?
    Id say that if you want to keep your kd 'safe' youre gonna want to keep your nw ratio higher than the next guy your size. If you look at it from the attackers point of view, he's looking for the best grab possible. So if your kd has less land and more nw than some other kd in your sector then chances are you may not get hit as often. Keep building your lds and watch how many tanks you send out.

Im gonna call myself an uber player.

I am. An Uber player.
  • edited March 2012
    Well, I'll try to get to know some people, sure!

A small update on my situation: I've been pumping 100% of my income into LDs, and once I managed to begin growing again, the mandatory 24h protection stopped, and the hits came steady since. Is it normal to take 4 hits right after alliance protection drops within a day or so? It's so bad I'm falling under people who used to be half my size.
    I never once said that Persona. I said hit up some more advanced players (as in more advanced than I) on AIM, and that I could add him to a blast chat to get in touch with them.

Troll harder fgt.

I am. An Uber player.
    Oh look, yet another meaningless lewpost
    Hey, you posting about my meaningless post makes your post more meaningless.
  • Persona trolling sci for being an elite player when he himself is nomore than a chump
  • message essence redux on aim if you want rank 1 advice, aka better than lynog advice since all he tells you is lts suck
  • edited March 2012
    Except dank is a cheat?
    I'm a cheat when I'm upset about something but I don't cheat for score. I throw bs into posts for various reasons but if someone thinks that the majority of what I'm saying is bs reality will eventually slap them in the face. The thing is I can pretty well do whatever I want on this game if I joined in with the elites. I choose to be a black sheep as it's tradition. Occasionally I do join in with them and I'm part of that reality slapping the person in the face. If someone is new to the game they really shouldn't disregard much of the insanity that I'm posting. I can't fix it to make it look tame, because it is actual insanity. The game is far too easy for privileged folks and I get bored with it and start talking out. People get really mad and it's hard for them to give me much info. I'll troll for the rest of the puzzle and run a mile with whatever I get hold of. When you see people saying omg dank is here the alliance is ruined, that is what they are actually referring to.

Posted for noobs. Don't think I posted that for you AMOG as you are one of the elite, you just get the shortest straw because you get caught too often. Doing what I don't know, but that's the common response when people talk about ya. I never had a problem with you so I never payed any attention to what you were doing.

We will always fight with ourselves. The problem is that when someone new comes onto the scene it gives us such a wide range of possibilities for screwing with them. All of a sudden everyone is on the same side against them. Romans was a perfect example of this. The difference between Mikey's reaction and mine was that I responded by cheating to beat some ass. I gained back some respect doing so and everyone left me the hell alone after that.

I am. An Uber player.
    Oh look, yet another meaningless lewpost
    Hey, you posting about my meaningless post makes your post more meaningless.
    But my post isn't a lewpost so my most is by definition less meaningless and both your original lewpost and your meaningless post on meaninglessness
    If a lewpost is meaningless, then surely by posting a meaningless reply to a meaningless lewpost makes the post more meaningless and therefore posting about how meaningless my reply to your meaningless comment on my meaningless lewpost makes your meaningless reply meaninglessest.
  • ^go eat some cupcakes
  • ^go eat some cupcakes
    As i said, i prefer muffins.
  • ^go eat some cupcakes
    lol you said you like the 'muffins' that are coated in chocolate and have a nice creamy center, sounds like a cupcake to me

• ^go eat some cupcakes
    lol you said you like the 'muffins' that are coated in chocolate and have a nice creamy center, sounds like a cupcake to me

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=263890677

Clearly says muffins.
  • ^oh lol I was under the impression that they were coated in white chocolate.
  • ^oh lol I was under the impression that they were coated in white chocolate.
    I wish, but that shit is already 350 calories, coated in white choc and you'd be looking at 100 CCs
  • 100 CCs, what a 100 cupcakes?
    ...CCs...as in defrib...
    ...CCs...as in defrib...
    you should just get out and walk more often or something. I walk around 7-10 miles a day and can pretty much eat whatever I want.

• edited March 2012
    100 CCs, what a 100 cupcakes?
    ...CCs...as in defrib...
    you should just get out and walk more often or something. I walk around 7-10 miles a day and can pretty much eat whatever I want.

I do enough of that in Skyrim...
  • ^so you walk around and find stuff? cause thats what I do too...
  • ^so you walk around and find stuff? cause thats what I do too...
    Yeah and I loot.
  • the easiest solution is to create an actual noob guide. for noobs, that teaches them to play after they read it.

can u imagine if everyone in this game knew how to play. zomg. epic disaster for those who love to hog the top 10. lol

sadly tho the only real self help is fades nonsense website which i dun even know if it's still wandering around the gutters of the interweb....
  • Sephiroth wrote a guide for me once in a PM on the old forums. I being the noob that I have always been, can build a decent KD with it. But if an already decent player got a hold of it. Boom! Rank 1.
  • Sephiroth wrote a guide for me once in a PM on the old forums. I being the noob that I have always been, can build a decent KD with it. But if an already decent player got a hold of it. Boom! Rank 1.
    Gimme.
  • i would find it more of a comedy script than an actual guide