Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protecting New Players

edited March 2012 in Game Talk
Just in the past few days I have had several new players start up in my alliance and instantly be attacked by larger, more experienced players. I propose we implement a new rule that will make these new players protected from attacks for an extended time after noob mode while they try to learn the basics of the game. The point is I can point out at least two players in my alliance that are probably going to quit and never return because of the hostile environment created by the older players here. This is an issue that needs to be addressed seriously.

Comments

• While I agree, time should be spent while they are in newbie mode trying to teach them what to do as well. Seems like everyone just reacts after the fact, once they are raped, instead of teaching them how to play.
  • Starting late blows. You can build nothing but defense on an oceanic or Terra and some jackoff will roll you anyway because most people are too lazy to look for more than one SoM.
  • edited March 2012
    If we allow new players onto the game without breaking them in they will f-up the pecking order. Once their place has been established under our boot heels they can move up the rank in the monopoly we have created. They will be given the opportunity like everyone before them to die a few times and eventually suck some penis. After they have swallowed enough semen from the powers that be they'll be rewarded with a top finish, as long as they provide us with the login and pass.
  • XelXel
    edited March 2012
    Good old fashioned SK baptism. It's how we all started (most of us anyways). It's also how better players are made. Don't be a mother hen, just tell them what they need to know, and let them work out how to play. If they leave, they likely wouldn't make it far anyways.
  • I suppose if the game isn't made noob friendly it will continue to die out with the elitist crowd it has drawn.

Anyway even thought my alliance is small we will be doing our best to protect these guys however we can.
  • Hey Twilight, I completely understand where you're coming from. Newbies DO need help. I just think there's much more rational ways of helping them than protecting them and retalling every hit on them.
    I agree with Amog, experience is the only thing that makes you a good sk player and if they were pros off the bat they would leave the game awfully fast, It isn't all about what you know in all reality but more or less what you are willing to put in and what tools you have to use.
  • a 250 land inact flood script would help this :)
  • I agree with the inactive script but I think brand new players whom start late need a few additional days to learn the ropes before they get eaten alive by the more experienced players. Obviously Pinkie Pie and myself are not strong enough to enforce this but I want to create some form of rule that will last beyond this round. I am proposing 3 days of extra protection if they start late and are actively participating.
  • People that hit obviously active new players are the scum of the earth. If they are more than 2x's the size of them I'd get then rolled out.
  • Well it is tough when our alliance bounces between 4-6 while these other... leaders... act like they don't care or what nothing to do with it. This is why I created this thread in hopes we could work together to come up with a solution.
  • Even rank 4-6 alliances should have a few kingdoms with decent offense. 'Fair grab' the dicks back.
  • Even rank 4-6 alliances should have a few kingdoms with decent offense. 'Fair grab' the dicks back.
    Its tough when most of these "dicks" are the turtle mystis or other turtles that only grab the very small guys to advance their own KD. Anyway I can see that no one really cares so I just won't bother anymore.
  • If people want to continue shrinking their own game and blame it solely on BCart, let them.
  • sci is a dick grabber
    Circlejerk?
  • I suppose if the game isn't made noob friendly it will continue to die out with the elitist crowd it has drawn.
    Well ok then you can make a post showing the noobs how to use Kesha's bot scripts. Teach them how to use all of the settings, and how to farm without getting caught. Educate them on what a proxy is and the importance of not ever crossing these with your main account. Then explain to them that the majority of people they encounter are the same person over and over. Go into detail how the same crew runs every alliance pretty much every round. If you want to throw in some bs about kingdom building don't forget that either, but it's probably the least important.
  • I am teaching my players how to ID track as well as anything else they ask for.
  • This thread is way too sexually confusing for me. Ponies and dick grabbing...
  • This thread is way too sexually confusing for me. Ponies and dick grabbing...
    Ponies are sexually confusing?
  • I think these ponies are sexually confused.
  • edited March 2012
    I suppose if the game isn't made noob friendly it will continue to die out with the elitist crowd it has drawn.
    Well ok then you can make a post showing the noobs how to use Kesha's bot scripts. Teach them how to use all of the settings, and how to farm without getting caught. Educate them on what a proxy is and the importance of not ever crossing these with your main account. Then explain to them that the majority of people they encounter are the same person over and over. Go into detail how the same crew runs every alliance pretty much every round. If you want to throw in some bs about kingdom building don't forget that either, but it's probably the least important.
    Dank im staring to buy into your stories. There are just way too many ways to cheat in this game. In the future i'll offer my assistance as an actively obsessive compulsive legitimate player-to your cause to keep this game clean of cheats.
  • Except dank is a cheat?
    Was that a question or a statement?
  • if I’m not mistaken, its a questment.
  • Why not change the conditions for what's considered a bash. Since Sk is left with only elitist players lower it to 2 or 2.5 times the land for a bash and lets see how good people actually are. Then your not protecting new players and it'll give them more of a chance to grow before they take it up the ass
  • I don't wanna sound like a whiner, because there are worse cases than my own out there. However, I'm new to SK, and after making a total flop of a kingdom last round, I've been following some gathered information here and there.. So what I end up with now is a ~2k land F&W turtle with LDs and tanks. I recently got rolled out three times and was wondering what a person does in that scenario.

Each hit cost me roughly 600 LDs and 300 tanks per hit. So with each consecutive hit, my ability to replace the lost military goes down due to lost buildings, plus my ability to replace these lost buildings goes down due to lost income. I was told to build defense, so my military spending is 100% in LDs. Defense is determined by tanks per land, right? If so, I had 7 tanks per land before the hits, and 7.5 tanks per land now. Was this just far too low? After looking at the people who hit me, I'm 400k NW, and the attackers were 900k, 1.1m, and 1.2m respectively. One almost bashed me by a margin of less than 100 land. I'm not sure how a person builds defense to stay safe in these cases.

I'm not saying, "waaah why u hit people in war game?" I'm more-so asking what a new person does in this case. What's the best course of action to take?
  • roses add me up on AIM nig, if you wanna keep playing this game ill help you out. lynog85 is my addy
  • Yea I am not sure there is any sure way of protecting smaller guys short of changing the bash rule to 2.5x land or something of the like. Many players are just borderline bashing and because the player base is so small the same guys get hit over and over. This really isn't a noob friendly game anymore.
  • Pwotect mee lyn0g
  • edited March 2012
    I don't wanna sound like a whiner, because there are worse cases than my own out there. However, I'm new to SK, and after making a total flop of a kingdom last round, I've been following some gathered information here and there.. So what I end up with now is a ~2k land F&W turtle with LDs and tanks. I recently got rolled out three times and was wondering what a person does in that scenario.

Each hit cost me roughly 600 LDs and 300 tanks per hit. So with each consecutive hit, my ability to replace the lost military goes down due to lost buildings, plus my ability to replace these lost buildings goes down due to lost income. I was told to build defense, so my military spending is 100% in LDs. Defense is determined by tanks per land, right? If so, I had 7 tanks per land before the hits, and 7.5 tanks per land now. Was this just far too low? After looking at the people who hit me, I'm 400k NW, and the attackers were 900k, 1.1m, and 1.2m respectively. One almost bashed me by a margin of less than 100 land. I'm not sure how a person builds defense to stay safe in these cases.

I'm not saying, "waaah why u hit people in war game?" I'm more-so asking what a new person does in this case. What's the best course of action to take?
    Hits are pretty rough, especially three hits in a row. The mistake most newer and some older players make is using all their offense to make an attack directly after they get smashed around a few times. This is not good for two reasons: It draws unwanted attention to your kingdom, and it can make you land fat again really quickly.

The best course of action, in my opinion is to make 3-4 grabs on inactives netting 75-100 land, rebuild the buildings you lost as much as possible and spend the day looking for banks you won't fail on (unwanted attention) to help ease the cost.

Rolling 8.5 to 10 TPL (tanks per land) at such a small size is preferable.

As Lynig said, feel free to hit up some more advanced players on AIM. My AIM is ScientologySK, and I can add you to a group chat where a lot of helpful people will probably troll you help you out.

If you don't have AIM you can use two options:
    http://www.aim.com/products/express/
    or
    https://www.meebo.com/
  • Public forum poster marked as 'Newbie' when thinking BCart would implement anything in the game.
  • edited March 2012
    Isn't this what most SK clones have done? (or similar things)