Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heres an idea for next round.

edited March 2015 in General
Hi All, this is probably going to be the lamest idea yet but here goes.

Since there's so much hype about next round and that there's going be some massive kd building competition between everyone but everyone is concerned about the multi problems.

So thinking about the werewolve games, if we set up a active mod, we all msg the mod our next round kingdom name. The mod then searches the uni for all kd names, filter out all the names sent to him and post the rest up as free land for us to abuse, rape, train, arson, sabo, kt, inter alliance hit, bash, war abuse, war abuse bash, pillage etc......

That way we can clear all multis from the start and enjoy a good competitive game.

Comments

• In theory, sure. In reality, there's entirely too many things wrong with this for it to work. Least you're trying, though.
  • 1. There are people playing who don't have a PF account and never will do.

2. What's to stop a person wanting to make multi's days or weeks before the round starts from making multiple PF accounts, post so as to seem active, message the Mod and ensure they survive?
  • This rounds been nice as the multis have been on server 2
    However I fear the worst for next round
  • edited March 2015
    Hi All, this is probably going to be the lamest idea yet but here goes.

Since there's so much hype about next round and that there's going be some massive kd building competition between everyone but everyone is concerned about the multi problems.

So thinking about the werewolve games, if we set up a active mod, we all msg the mod our next round kingdom name. The mod then searches the uni for all kd names, filter out all the names sent to him and post the rest up as free land for us to abuse, rape, train, arson, sabo, kt, inter alliance hit, bash, war abuse, war abuse bash, pillage etc......

That way we can clear all multis from the start and enjoy a good competitive game.

We tried last round, basically just killing all the multi before it gets so big. It was effective, but you have to have reliable, and trustworthy "alliance leaders" for this to work. I believe it was Mages and Requimesgate that I work with and it was seamless, I was impressed. So, we are small alliance, we kill multi silently, sector by sector clean up.

However, the biggest problem we have are alliances that does not think, does not reason and cannot negotiate. If the abusers (bashers, war abusers, AT, cheats, thugs) came from these other alliances, then you have bigger problems and investigations to handle. Never mind the firecrackers who made hits/post KT base on their hunches.

Bob: It can really work, if there are enough reliable people to deal with and reasonable enough to think before acting out. And if alliance leaders and their crew can come to a decent talk WITHOUT firecrackers and lose cannons firing randomly.
    It really depends on luck where players land and how alliances are formed in the early sign up.

Thanks for the thought, I might try it again next round. ~ash
  • If someone uses that bot and makes 300-400 kingdoms and tries there's nothing the uni can do regardless. Smaller multis can be handled if you somehow know who they are.
  • In that case you just take multi targets in for hof. People that don't help are agreed to be first kts.. simple
  • The terra multis can be easily kidnapped and arsoned to death
    It's the quickest way

5 sabos normally make them powerless
  • *could be* perhaps that worked last round. As I said, if the bot creater cared. Well wouldn't he be bigger better and stronger if he comes back? Last round he didn't even start using the multis for weeks if I recall, to give people the idea that they could still play normally and it would be ok. If he started from the beginning, you realize 300 kingdoms can take out ~10-12 people within the first 60 minutes of the round, and a total of 20 within the first 24 hours out? Take out another 15 the next day. Especially if he has any idea who we are he could take out all the good active players in the first 5 days before we could do anything.
  • edited April 2015
    Last round from what I saw it was quite clear that he didn't take out the server not because people worked together to stop him (really not even a great effort tbh), but because he intentionally chose not to. He was messing around the whole time, like send a pa with all the kingdoms at people just to prove a point that he could do it effortlessly. Let's not delude ourselves into thinking we made this miracle effort and that's the only reason it was possible to ultimately stop him from getting #1-100. Was a good effort, but wasn't like he wasn't the one with the ultimate control.

From the looks of it, it seems like it would be very easy for him to come back with 600 kingdoms instead of 300 too. Not that 200 kingdoms wouldn't be enough by themselves since they probably would, but there's really no reason he couldn't do 600. If we doubt and challenge him that he can't do it, well, that will only give him all the reason to want to prove us wrong which is what he's been doing the last 2 rounds. He can prove us wrong if he wants to. But even if he couldn't take out the whole server and we *could* stop him, why should we even encourage his behavior?
  • Well either way my idea suck, gonna go back to some imaginary drawing board.
  • edited April 2015
    oh, if i were topick an utopic topic
  • edited April 2015
    ~waiting for bobby's next idea once he is back from drawing board~

here is more popcorn while we await.
  • I know a perfect way to keep multis from bothering any of you ever again.

Stop playing.
  • I know a perfect way to keep multis from bothering any of you ever again.

Stop playing.
    cant stop multis from sending you spam mails

skynet is already here and you dont even know it
  • edited April 2015
    true dat ^^ lol

its been around longer than the terminator movie ideas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(satellite)