Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End of Probe Loyalty Era... Next round speculation?

Comments

• Era of random PTs. once a week your kd randomly changes PT
    HEY THATS MY FUCKING IDEA!!! i had that like a couple months ago!!! and it was either you or someone else who laughed at it!!!
    It's an interesting idea, but wouldn't work very well. If you're volc you'd probably be playing low plants. So once you get switched to mount, you're screwed :p

Yes, there are workarounds. Yes, it could also would to your advantage. That's just one example.
    HEY THATS MY FUCKING IDEA!!! i had that like a couple months ago!!! and it was either you or someone else who laughed at it!!!
    Also pretty sure this is true lol

Exactly
    It was probably me that laughed...because its a shit idea
    :-D
    It's an interesting idea, but wouldn't work very well. If you're volc you'd probably be playing low plants. So once you get switched to mount, you're screwed :p

Yes, there are workarounds. Yes, it could also would to your advantage. That's just one example.
    More than likely, you'd try to come up with a strat that meant switching PT's didnt hurt you too much. And there would probably be one strat for the entire uni. boooooring
    Yea, that's the other thing I was thinking lol. It would pretty much mean using a very generic kingdom setup.
    Also pretty sure this is true lol

Exactly
    It was probably me that laughed...because its a shit idea
    :-D
    Well my actual idea was that people get randomly assigned a planet rather choose one themselves. No switching after a week.
  • ive had that idea for years lews, stop trying to piss on my bomfire you cunt!
  • ive had that idea for years lews, stop trying to piss on my bomfire you cunt!
    Hey mate, I wouldn't piss on you even if you were allergic to piss.
  • so you mean your idea was totally different then lews haha
  • so you mean your idea was totally different then lews haha
    No i initially suggested the week one, then you guys laughed it off. So i changed it.
  • People would just create accounts until they got the PT they wanted
  • People would just create accounts until they got the PT they wanted
    Well if Bcart runs multi scanner might ban a couple. They delete kd they cant do that until round starts 24 hours.
  • Well it just would be enough to write a script which checks for every attack or probing if kingdoms have same ip and then disable them.
    This way you have never a problem with kds interacting on same IP and no need to run a multiscan everytime bcart is anyway not online enough for that.
  • Well it just would be enough to write a script which checks for every attack or probing if kingdoms have same ip and then disable them.
    This way you have never a problem with kds interacting on same IP and no need to run a multiscan everytime bcart is anyway not online enough for that.
    +1
  • edited February 2012
    He sure still have an ID/IP table how else would it be possible for you to see the IP/decryption in every Kingdom and thats also for what the multiscanner checks.
    But since it is not an automated script he has to run it by loading the script himself.
    Probably because it uses a lot of traffic thats only explanation I have.
  • Era of Individuality-No bonuses for being SL, VSL.

Era of Peace-When your offense is greater than your defense by 35% your income drops by 25%

Era of Financial Collapse-Sector taxes are forced to a maximum extent and an alliance tax is created and raised to maximum and those funds are wasted.

Era of Europe-Population refuses to pay taxes and Starmines produce 35% less income

Era of China-Your kingdom get unknown income bonuses but must repay them with massive interest or forfeit land

• I mean for each probing/attacking kingdom.
    Kingdom A: ID 1, IP 12345678
    Kingdom B: ID 2, IP 12345678
    Kingdom C: ID 3, IP 87654321

Kingdom A probes Kingdom C

Kingdom C: table of attacks and probings
    IP ID
    12345678 1

Kingdom B attacks Kingdom C
    IP ID
    12345678 1

IP already in table and ID is not the same thus multi.
    yeah you could do this too but I would be even happy if multis can't farm eachother then it should be no problem for active players to eat them up if they do other things...

IP ID
    12345678 1

IP ID
    12345678 1

yeah you could do this too but I would be even happy if multis can't farm eachother then it should be no problem for active players to eat them up if they do other things...

are you playing this round Hansa ?

IP ID
    12345678 1

IP ID
    12345678 1

are you playing this round Hansa ?
    He was in 1:9
  • edited February 2012

He was in 1:9
    which kd?

edit - its pointless thinking of all these fancy methods of removing multies because bcart simply wont do it. Save your time

• He was in 1:9
    which kd?

edit - its pointless thinking of all these fancy methods of removing multies because bcart simply wont do it. Save your time
    Hansa.....

lol he was Hansa in 1:9. He started 8th Feb, and ended on 800k nw...not bad for someone who hasn't played in 30 rounds.

• Era of Europe-Population refuses to pay taxes and Starmines produce 35% less income
    what?
    why call that Europe?

• Era of Europe-Population refuses to pay taxes and Starmines produce 35% less income
    what?
    why call that Europe?
    Watch news

what?
    why call that Europe?
    I think he meant Greece.

I mean for each probing/attacking kingdom.

IP ID
    12345678 1

IP ID
    12345678 1

I never said we should throw your idea away ;). I just wanted to say that multis with probe kingdoms should be disabled too. So if we have both, then multis should be gone, or at least reduced very well.
    The people that have multis and will get top scores using them USUALLY don't match IPs. For this to work, and by work I mean drastically reduce the ability to cheat, BCart would have to implement some sort of proxy control and backtracing.
  • edited February 2012

Era of Europe-Population refuses to pay taxes and Starmines produce 35% less income
    what?
    why call that Europe?
    I think he meant Greece.

Greece, Portugal, Ireland, France, Spain...UK soon...might as well just say Europe. What else is there left apart from Germany. In fact the entire EU is being held together by Germany, if that was the case, in hindsight, might as well had let Hitler win, might've been a better Europe.
  • Tabris is from Germany, which is probably why he was offended.
  • Tabris is from Germany, which is probably why he was offended.
    quoted for truth ;)
  • UK soon... Lol...
  • Era of the Draft: Can now train 20% of your total population into soldiers :P
  • edited February 2012
    Era of the Draft: Can now train 20% of your total population into soldiers :P
    GOD YES! But only for non DWS. Wasnt that one already done tho?
  • Era of Sudden Death - every kingdom that is broken goes completely to the breaker (land, resources, research)