Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End the SL Bonus

edited February 2012 in Suggestions
The SL bonus needs to end. You can have a sector leader without it.

Comments

• I would agree if not for you posting this. But fuck guys, how many years have we played this and said the same things over and over again. Just for us to suck it up and play it again anyways. Thus ends my rant about sk fix rants
  • edited February 2012
    Well if the game would separate the forums this is actually for the suggestion category. I don't know if anybody does categories now that it's all lumped into one pot for us. I just wanted to lay that on the table before this turns into a flame war.
  • It has categories to choose from. But you are right. It's all still lumped into the main forum.
  • edited February 2012
    An era of no sector leader bonus would be a really nice trial run.
  • Sector leader should get 10% defensive strength, but not the offensive bonus.
  • I think that it's the era of 40% VSL bonus, better get your friend voted SL!
  • I like Beans idea.
  • I think that it's the era of 40% VSL bonus, better get your friend voted SL!
    Not a bad idea, but too exaggerated.
  • Nooo, that's what makes it great, to convince the entire sector to vote for your friend, and to have enough loyalty from your friend that he'll sacrifice the extra 30% bonus to give to you. Deserves a good bit, okay, maybe only a 25% bonus to offense and defense. The SL is only giving up 15%.
  • Psssh, it's all about the manipulation, and I would seek my suggestion as a grand challenge, that I would be successful at.
  • SL gets daily choice of 10% offense or 10% defense daily. Color of SL would represent that choice. Magenta = Offense, Yellow = Defense and choice must be made at first log in of each day.
  • PiePie
    edited February 2012
    VSL can be changed at a whim to anyone including yourself though
  • I think you should not be able to make yourself VSL.
  • Pssst, I'm okay with the SL bonus.
  • edited February 2012
    SL has too much responsibility because of sector enhancements; they require purchasing daily and at optimal times (ie, as soon as they run out). I'll never ask for SL simply because of that. I want my logon times to be as flexible as possible.
    Without SL bonus, there's basically no incentive to become SL, because it would just be a hassle.
  • SL needs it for funness
  • I'm gonna go behind Bean's idea.
  • There is nothing really wrong with the SL bonus, sure some people want SL just for that but if they do a shit job the sector can always vote someone else.

Keeping up with states/enhancements deserves some little bonus otherwise its a shitty job.

I dont see the downside tbh, its not hard taking SL from someone that isnt doing their job. Or is it that people think DW AND SL bonus is too high, its been higher and people got on fine. Its the goon price thats the problem with that.
  • Nah Qwj, sometimes the retards are the majority. In such cases I agree with kingdom states. Why would i play according to a noob sectors plans? Does the opposite of building "cohesion" as so many claim.
    The bonus is the only reason worth dealing with the QQ.
  • True but if the SL isnt getting enhancements etc then even the retards will vote against him.

SL isnt worth the bother without the bonus. When you get retards complaining and trying to take SL from you because you wont go growth at 6k land or mob at 500 land and shit :-))
  • Nah Qwj, sometimes the retards are the majority. In such cases I agree with kingdom states. Why would i play according to a noob sectors plans? Does the opposite of building "cohesion" as so many claim.
    The bonus is the only reason worth dealing with the QQ.
    this

• It got to the point last round where if I had followed my sectors suggestions, wed all have been fucked.

They learned in the end that my dictatorship was better for their kds overall 8-)
  • It got to the point last round where if I had followed my sectors suggestions, wed all have been fucked.

They learned in the end that my dictatorship was better for their kds overall 8-)
    My sector followed me, and we werent fucked :P
  • Most of mine did, tyrsis made the decision to start the round by sayin "were hijacking this sector! anyone who tries a mutiny will be thrown overboard! arrrrrr"...
    Had to damage control so my group didnt get fucked over haha
  • Attaboy Tyrsis, that's how it's done. I just didn't give my sector a choice! (We had a pretty good vote where I didn't even run, and I still kept SL.)