Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WW: The Stormlight Archive (Good Team Wins)

edited July 2014 in General
Rules: i'm going to try for 12 hour cycles, if work gets in the way i will post in here to let everyone know in advance as much as possible.
PMs are not allowed

King Elhokar (mayor): each day a new player will be elected to fill the role of Elhokar, the same player cannot be king on consecutive days. in this game the King has the power to confirm or pardon the lynch vote. if there is a tie, the king MUST pick one player to be lynched and pardon the rest. if there is a tie for mayor there will be a dice role to break the tie (because i love randomness).

Roles:

Good

Dalinar Kholin(0/1): the "Blackthorn" is the true hero of the Alethi. He watches over his nephew the king and is committed to winning the war against the Parshendi and preparing the world to fight fight against the voidbringers. His leadership makes all other heroes more effective.
Each night he can choose one other hero role to empower, giving that hero the full use of their abilities.

Kaladin "Stormblessed"(0/1): Kaladin is a paladin in the truest sense of the word. Pledged to protect, regardless of his personal feelings, he strives to restore honor to a world that has long forgotten its meaning.
Each night Kaladin may choose to protect one player from action (this blocks the seer ability as well). if the person he is protecting is targeted by the Voidbringers he has a 1/3 chance of killing one of the attackers. (Empowered: this becomes a 2/3 chance if Dalinar empowers Kaladin). (note: Kaladin may choose to stay on guard, meaning he will protect himself during a night phase instead.)

Shallan Davar(0/1): while others may be fighting to save the world, none can be said to be more necessary to the cause then Shallen. her foresight and intellect in investigating the Voidbringers makes her vital to the operation of the war efforts.
Every night Shallan may attempt to see another player's role, with a 50% chance of success (i will not give a false positive, you will simply get a failure notice if the ability does not work). (Empowered: the first night that Shallan is empowered her success rate goes up to 100%, falling by 10% every time thereafter.)

Navani Kholin(0/1): the genius architect, Navani constantly is finding new ways to use soulcasting to help in the fight against the Voidbringers. (Navani may create a new soulcasting with a 50% success rate) (Empowered: the first night the success rate goes to 100%, falling by 10% every time thereafter.)

Bridge 4(1/3): no powers, however they know each others identities

Evil

Voidbringers(0/4): the Parshendi, enemies of all humanity, have finally shown their true colors and are focused once again on destroying all peoples. May kill one target per night.

Wildcard:

Szeth-son-son-Vallano(0/1) (NOW VIGILANTE) : Having been bested by Kaladin, thus proving that he was right about the Knights Radiant returning, Szeth is now committed to seeing justice be done, and evil vanquished.

There are special conditions built in to several roles that will not be disclosed unless those conditions are met (i want people to play their role as it currently is, not as it may be later in the game).

HIGHSTORMS
every night phase there will be a 10% chance for a highstorm. during this even, all heroes will have maximized abilities (100% success rate) and Dalinar will be given the seer ability at a 50% success rate. the voidbringers will be given an opportunity to make a second kill at a 50% success rate.

Villagers 1/5

keep in mind please that this is my first game and that this ruleset may not be balanced. i welcome constructive criticism.

Roles are now being sent out, all villagers will receive a message.

the players:
Tmonsta- killed by Szeth
Silent Butterfly - Killed by Voidbringers
Kloudi-lynched
Sci-killed by voidbringers
Unreliable - lynched
Meadows- Killed by voidbringers
Cory - lynched
Zeality
Damdred-lynched
Phantom - killed by Voidbringers
Widow - killed by voidbringers
Mages- Killed by voidbringers
Bakery
Narshe- killed by Voidbringers
Flazer - killed by Szeth
Loafery - lynched
Sky- withdrawn
Arson -killed by voidbringers

Comments

• roles have been sent out.

Night Phase 1 begins.

All Heros send in your actions
    Szeth send in your kill
    Voidbringers send in your kill
  • A HIGHSTORM HAS BEGUN!

Dalanar now picks a seer target
    voidbringers pick a second target
  • kinda sad that ww starts at night...

we lost the inventor so quickly in the lab...

(i'm already enjoying the other changes in mechanics :P)
  • i thought about starting it during the day because of that, but i thought i was just being biased because i was the dead inventor :P
  • There is about 10 hours left in this phase. I'm going to bed in about half an hour, I will extend this phase somewhat if needed, but I think you guys can figure stuff out.
  • So hype for this game starting Aza :D Hope its a good game ^_^
  • The army had been moving forward, sending out scouts and bridge runners to hurry their advance. the coming of the highstorm delayed that idea, sending the army moving back for the safety of the camp. some of them, however, moved a little too slow. poor WhiteWidow the Darkeyes soldier (villager) had no chance when the Voidbringers swooped in, their steps covered by the highstorm. what could a normal alethi do to stop them anyway? His screams brought his fellow soldier Arson the darkeyes running over to see what happened. Upon arriving on the scene he let out of battle cry and charged at the Parshendi, who easily put a hammer in his skull, dropping him to the ground, his lifeblood quickly leaving him.

the group, exalted from getting an extra kill their first night began to jump over the chasms on their way back to camp when they heard a scream. turning, the see their friend Tmonsta the Voidbringer sliding to his knees as a shard blade is sticking through his chest. szeth son son vallano turns from his kill, unconcerned with having killed the wrong target, and jumps back into the night, off to seach for Dalinar Kholin again.

TL;DR
    Voidbringers kill Whitewidow420 and Arson, both villagers
    Szeth kills Tmonsta, a Voidbringer
    Dalinar attempts to see and succeeds
    Kaladin protects himself
    Shallan sees with 100%
    Navani Kholin tries an advanced soul casting technique that destroys her body and transports her soul into another person. Skydragon dies and his power goes to a random player.

Day phase 1 begins, please read the note on how mayor works in this game.
  • hahaha, neutral vigilante already did better than most good vigis from many WWs...
  • edited July 2014
    Zeal for King Elhokar
  • Alrighty guys, I want to win and I know how

I am Dalinar Kholin, and last night I saw who Kaladin "Stormblessed" is. I ask that this player protect me, and I will empower so that it is 2/3rd chance to kill an attacker.

I ask that the seer Shallan Davar try his best to find a baddie, and only come out to reveal if a baddy has been found.. If we can get another highstorm I'll use it to find a baddy as well. Kaladin keep protection on me.

SB for mayor

Let's win this boys and girls
  • Kaladin should stay in the shadows (if you come up for lynch I'll make sure you don't), and Shallan should do the same, only come out if you've found a baddy.
  • Normally I would run for king here, but I'll put my trust in SB today and run for king tomorrow given his reveal and the consecutive day king rule.

SB for King
  • only now i read what skydragon tried to do
  • People don't like me talking in WWs. They keeps killing me. :: Kneels over in my voidbringer death.::
  • Alrighty guys, I want to win and I know how

I am Dalinar Kholin, and last night I saw who Kaladin "Stormblessed" is. I ask that this player protect me, and I will empower so that it is 2/3rd chance to kill an attacker.

I ask that the seer Shallan Davar try his best to find a baddie, and only come out to reveal if a baddy has been found.. If we can get another highstorm I'll use it to find a baddy as well. Kaladin keep protection on me.

SB for mayor

Let's win this boys and girls
    While I applaud you in such a power play so early....what if the healer is a bad healer and just protects themself? You have just laid yourself open to a huge attack and maybe hurt the town or what if the scum get lucky and take out the healer early.

Its just a bad situation but a good power play if it works out. I however will trust in sb leader for silent and if I had to guess on a lynch i'd go with Phantom she barely talks so its hard to get a read on her and she is a lurker who turns out to be evil in a great percentage of games.
  • i'm likely going to push this phase longer than 12 hours due to the time of day
  • hmm some pretty crazy stuff going down today... SB with balls of steel!

SB leader
  • SB King
  • I have every confidence that the healer knows that they need to PROTECT me

though it's really not a healer per say, just a 2/3rd chance to kill a baddy if they kill me. Still it's good enough to keep the bad guys off of me.

What we're really hoping for is another highstorm that'll let us get a lot of work done.
  • great percentage of games...*rolls eyes* SB king
  • Note: Kaladin is an elite warrior who always defends their target. the kill chance is separate from the success of the defense.
  • OH neat, that makes it even better
  • U can have good for nothing mayor

lynch sb
  • please bold lynch votes, as per usual, or they will not be counted
  • Wait how did SB see anyone if he is Dalinar? Doesn't he only have the ability to empower people from how im reading his bio?
  • HIGHSTORMS
    every night phase there will be a 10% chance for a highstorm. during this even, all heroes will have maximized abilities (100% success rate) and Dalinar will be given the seer ability at a 50% success rate. the voidbringers will be given an opportunity to make a second kill at a 50% success rate.
  • A HIGHSTORM HAS BEGUN!

Dalanar now picks a seer target
    voidbringers pick a second target
  • from the first few posts
  • every power role other than szeth becomes more powerful during a highstorm, the last night phase saw a lot of information gathered at the cost of losing an extra villager
  • lynch narshe for not reading the first post properly!!!!! (intentionally unbolded)