Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF7 Aeris, bitches

edited August 2012 in General
Check out my menu screen on Disc 2

Comments

• Nothing special. Was done 15 years ago.
  • Is that the story of your conception?
  • "Copyright 2005" - For that guy, 7 years ago, lol.

For NSG, 2012. :)
  • www.google.com
  • Never played ff7, what is special about this?
  • Aeris dies early on by the hands of Sephiroth. It was only a rumor at first that you could revive her but eventually it was proven that you could.
  • edited August 2012
    Basically, she dies at the end of disc 1. She isn't a playable character anymore in discs 2 and 3.

You can only "revive" her by using a hack which places her character model into your party after the events of disc 1. Word of warning though, it'll sometimes freeze your game having her in your party at specific times in disc 2 and 3, and she doesn't say much at all because she's not meant to be alive. She won't be in any of the FMV either. Rumour has it that someone else was meant to die, but it was changed so that Aeris dies. They also originally wanted to give players a method to bring her back to life, but decided to remove that as well (Hence why her character model is even in discs 2 and 3, and she even says a couple of lines here and there but nothing interesting)

You cannot revive her legitimately whatsoever.
  • edited August 2012
    Never played ff7, what is special about this?
    Even an infant can play it? If you have no gaming skills and love pick a path books with one choice you'll absolutely love this.

CSGO is out... just thought I'd mention.
  • Ive actually played every FF but 7 & 8, haha i couldnt handle the weird blocky graphics at the time and nowadays i dont have the desire to go back.
  • Do it zeal, just mod the pc version for the better char models
  • I didn't do it that way SkyDragon. I always assumed it required using an emulator. The way I did it can be done on the console without messing around with any code.

Requires Saga Frontier though. You really had to be a SquareSoft homer.
  • What way did u use?
  • I second that. I'm curious as well.
  • I'm not exactly sure what's going on underneath the surface to make this work, but I have to imagine it's some compatibility between both games world maps.

Catching a chocobo on the first continent (by the farm), once you have it switch discs from FF7(1) to Saga Frontier. Travel up towards Midgar and the world becomes jumbled (but still recognizable). Mountains, streams, oceans, and grasslands get shuffled up - making it possible to traverse to coordinates near Icicle Village. Change discs back to FF7(1), get off the chocobo, get into a fight, and once the map loads back up, it's back to normal.

Doing this map "hack" prior to the events of the gold saucer date is ideal (so you're not stuck with Aeris in your battle party or before she leaves your party). Just backtrack to the city of the ancients, watch Aeris die, run back into the icicle area, and check the PHS. She's still there.
    http://finalfantasy7.freewebsites.com/resurrectaeris.html
    This sounds like a troll. I've definitely have had a mastered revive (I maxed out one of my childhood saves).

• edited August 2012
    I just googled "revive aeris ff7" and that's what I saw. Never tried it myself.
  • edited August 2012

Amazing that people are still finding other methods to "revive" Aeris over a decade after the original came out. I'm guessing that Aeris still won't say anything during the events of disc 2 and 3, but still fascinating. :)
  • edited August 2012
    Actually NSG, it says a lot when I trust what you say without checking anything. :)

I wanted to see it working, and YouTube was the best place to see the process without having to play it all over again.
  • Well here's what the world looks like when Saga Frontier is the loaded disc. Everything still functions according to the FF7 rules of movement, so when I got on the Tiny Bronco, it moved nowhere and I couldn't disembark since I wasn't on a beach. D'OH!

• This is giving me the urge to disband and instead play FF7 all over again using this method. Highly interested in possibly finding hidden gems which may be waiting to be discovered.
  • Oh fuck you all to hell, now im downloading the pc version.
  • Got a PS or a PS2? Just get ePSXe and dl a ROM? Assuming you also own FF7.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume if you download these things you own them. Cause that's US law and all.
  • Basically, she dies at the end of disc 1. She isn't a playable character anymore in discs 2 and 3.

You can only "revive" her by using a hack which places her character model into your party after the events of disc 1. Word of warning though, it'll sometimes freeze your game having her in your party at specific times in disc 2 and 3, and she doesn't say much at all because she's not meant to be alive. She won't be in any of the FMV either. Rumour has it that someone else was meant to die, but it was changed so that Aeris dies. They also originally wanted to give players a method to bring her back to life, but decided to remove that as well (Hence why her character model is even in discs 2 and 3, and she even says a couple of lines here and there but nothing interesting)

You cannot revive her legitimately whatsoever.
    ZOMG CHEATERORZ!!!!
  • fs, disbanding now.
  • reminds me of the missingno pokemon
  • Got a PS or a PS2? Just get ePSXe and dl a ROM? Assuming you also own FF7.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume if you download these things you own them. Cause that's US law and all.
    There was a pc remake and you can torrent it.
  • I know it was RELEASED for the PC but that version was shit.
  • I have a PS2 bio if anyone wants for a ps2 emulator. Not sure if playstation emulator requires one or not.