Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Advice

edited August 2012 in General
So I have now run out of all the Rum I bought from Jamaica. So obviously I need to get more. Problem is, Jamaica is a shithole, and I refuse to go back. We are talkin Duty Free assholes, what are my options?

Comments

• Dunno, I only ever drank Capt Morgan.
  • Bacardi Oakheart is decent rum.
  • Collect your piss. Put through a purifying process. Drink unpurified waste mixed with some wild berries that you have purreed and strained trough an old gym sock.
  • I don't go to the gym. And there are some cunts at this party.
  • Why not do what everyone else does a go to the shop
  • Fuck it, drunk, fridge full og jell-o shots, ill worry bout this later.
  • Get some single malt whisky nubs, personal recommendations (mostly isla....no lowlands/highs, some speyside), Lagavulin (easy drinking), bruckladdich, glen livet, laphroaig (very peaty tho)
  • Look at Lews in his cute smoking jacket and monocle :p
    And it's Islay :p my fav is Glenlivet 12yo but Glenmorangie isn't too bad.
    Not a fan of scotch that taste like a wet dog haha Bowmore (smokey) is borderline enjoyable.

I'm more of a Vodka and Rum fan :)
  • edited August 2012
    If you live in a state that sells grain alcohol, here's how to go far and get fucked up and NOT go blind (but you're still gonna get fucked up):

-6 gallon gatorade jug
    -3/4 handle of grain
    -20 packets of kool-aid (baltimore hood had 'em 10 cents a packet)
    -A little less than 4 pounds of sugar (usually sold in 5 pound bags... keeping consistent with grain if making multiple batches)
    -Fill rest with ton of ice and water

Viola - you have cheap, delicious, potent Jungle Juice. Cheap as fuck for drinkable alcohol. Helps if you already had the jug too.
  • How long does it take to be ready to drink?
  • Mix it and you're good to go.

I used to use it in my frat house. Get's you shit-hammered. Requires a little more capital than dirt poor as it's a larger scale approach.
  • edited August 2012
    Wait I'm no rocket scientist and I have money to buy proper alcohol so I never attempted even home brew so I don't know the mechanics but all those ingredients aren't alcoholic so how does it instantly become alcoholic???

Like making beer, wine and spirits take large amounts of time and effort to become alcoholic :/
  • No no, you're buying grain alcohol. You know, like Everclear? It's neutral grain spirits (close to most vodkas), except it's 190 proof (95% alcohol - don't take more than 2 shots in one night... ever).
  • Ooooooooooooooooh I got ya now lol
    I'm an Aussie we don't have that sort of stuff :( well there's this alcohol stuff that 95% but only comes in 500ml bottles
  • That's 2/7th a handle. For this recipe that's 2 and 3/5 of your 500ml bottles.

But if you're buying them in that size, you're better off going for a gin bucket instead probably.
  • Look at Lews in his cute smoking jacket and monocle :p
    And it's Islay :p my fav is Glenlivet 12yo but Glenmorangie isn't too bad.
    Not a fan of scotch that taste like a wet dog haha Bowmore (smokey) is borderline enjoyable.

I'm more of a Vodka and Rum fan :)
    Look at Mr Cock and his masterful spinning waves......Glenmorangie is catpiss. And I'd recommend the Glenlivet 15 yo or the french casket ones only available at airports.
  • Haha haven't tried the 15yo or French cask guess I'll have to try it.

Also before I can believe you have any scotch knowledge answer me this one question.

What are your thoughts on Johnnie Walker?
  • It taste like panther piss.
  • Oh and morning guys, yeah im hung over.
  • One word.
    Matusalem
  • rum is for fags

drink scotch like the pros do

just tried glenlivet 12yo the other day actually its very smooth and reminded me of being in scotland. i swear i could taste the foggy skies of scotland and hear the creeky accent of scottish people thats an instant turn off
  • so...you had constant access to many smooth 12yo at scotland?
  • Rum is for people with good taste ;)
  • so...you had constant access to many smooth 12yo at scotland?
    Lmfao!
    Rum is for people with good taste ;)
    YAR!

Also before I can believe you have any scotch knowledge answer me this one question.

Which label. Black is ok.

i prefer red, but im not a scotch drinker
  • Small bit of sprite + small amount of red bull and a ton of Vodka.

booya bull blaster.

7 up and forty creek whiskey is good too if you're a whiskey fan.

i prefer red, but im not a scotch drinker
    Dont prefer Johnnie Walker tbh, blended is always a bit....hmmm
  • My drink of choice is crown xo and sprite.
  • Amber rum (Bacardi 1873, Havana club, etc) and ginger ale. De fucking licious