Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile

edited August 2012 in General
Long story short, its like Diablo 2 on crack. I just bought my way into beta. It is only $10 to do it, but they give that back to you in in store credit. Nothing seems unfair about the in game shop. Right now they are only offering an extra "stash" tab and an additional character slot.

https://www.pathofexile.com/

Check it out if you want to join up, just send me a pm and ill send you my details.

Comments

• So I just got into the game. Absolutely awesome by the looks. Most computers could run this simply. The graphics aren't top notch, but what makes this game stand out is the passive skill tree. Its intense. The detail behind it really makes stat points look stupid. So many options!
  • I've heard quite a bit about it. After diablo 3 turned out to be terrible, a lot of people turned to PoE instead and really like it. It's not so great graphically but the gameplay seems good. They take feedback pretty seriously too. For the size of the development team and budget that the game has, it's hard to really say anything bad about it.
  • Their budget issues is one of the main reasons I didn't mind putting 10 down to get access to it! They definitely deserve something for their efforts. My biggest scare is that it being free to play they will start throwing in "pay for better blah blah blah". However, I will say that I am pleased that the only thing that they are "selling" is extra character slots and extra slots in the stash. No real advantage there, so if they keep on that path the game will be pretty awesome.
  • Was looking @ their donor packages, you can pay $1,000 to get a mess of cosmetic additions, design a unique item and such. Pretty useless imo, but the appeal is the fact that you're supporting a F2P game with pretty much no capital/budget.

Need more people like the guys who designed this game, might look into playing this game.
  • edited August 2012
    Oh, and I started with a witch so I could really push my crummy laptop with the graphics. It handled it perfectly, I couldn't be any happier.

One thing I noticed though, the lightning bolt skill bounces off of objects instead of just dying.
  • few more peeps gimme feed back and ill buy this murr fucker
  • It really is good lynog, the graphics are better than d2 but not nearly as pretty as d3, and as far as I can tell there aren't any damn unicorns. Fraggednation is going to try and have some beta key give-a-ways. I know they have reached out to them, so if they happen ill let you guys know.
  • 10$ is good enough if the game is worth it
  • I was 15 minutes into it and thought it was worth it. I'm gonna be playing in like 4 hours tonight, so now would be the time to buy and download. My cousin is joining me too.
  • Level 12 now and this is fucking awesome! The game does not have a gold system, and shopkeepers actually have items you want! Thing is, you have to be careful with your "money". It consist of various items that can change that items you can equip, I've been bitten once already by this because I don't reach certain criteria for some skills.

The skill system is awesome. I know I mentioned earlier that your passive skill tree is intense. But the skill system works by gems. You level these little shits up as you go along and its all fine and dandy until you level to the point you can't use it. Falling back on that passive tree to get you where you need to be.

Its hard to explain, but once you see it in action it makes complete sense!
  • I've been hoping to get into this closed beta:
    http://thewarz.com/

What it's about: Free to Play zombie MMO game.
    "
    Create your own survival experience by selecting one of the available characters, customizing them and helping them to navigate through hostile world of The War Z.
    Gain experience and spend it to learn dozens of available skills in this Zombie Game.

NO CLASSES AND RESTRICTIONS, NO LEVELS, OR UNREALISTIC STAT MODIFICATIONS.

Your goal is to survive this Zombie Game and the ones that survive longest will be victorious!"

As you progress through this Zombie Game, exploring what happened, you will find notes and diaries that NPCs and other players left for you. These will have hints to the whereabouts of supplies and weapons you will need to survive.

The War Z is an open world Zombie Game; as you explore and immerse yourself in this post-apocalyptic world you'll discover more than you ever imagined.

You will find yourself hiding from zombies and other players;
    exploring hidden parts of the map and discovering hidden
    stashes throughout your journey.
  • I've been looking at thewarz too. Singed up for beta also.
  • In case anyone is interested i will go ahead and live stream Path of Exile tonight for all to see! So i will see you all at Watch live video from darubian on www.twitch.tv

Illy helped me set it up and he says its not perfect but tolerable to watch! So hope to see you there. Should be in about 8 hours!
  • Will there be punch and pie?
  • edited August 2012
    I've been hoping to get into this closed beta:
    http://thewarz.com/

What it's about: Free to Play zombie MMO game.
    "
    Create your own survival experience by selecting one of the available characters, customizing them and helping them to navigate through hostile world of The War Z.
    Gain experience and spend it to learn dozens of available skills in this Zombie Game.

NO CLASSES AND RESTRICTIONS, NO LEVELS, OR UNREALISTIC STAT MODIFICATIONS.

Your goal is to survive this Zombie Game and the ones that survive longest will be victorious!"

As you progress through this Zombie Game, exploring what happened, you will find notes and diaries that NPCs and other players left for you. These will have hints to the whereabouts of supplies and weapons you will need to survive.

The War Z is an open world Zombie Game; as you explore and immerse yourself in this post-apocalyptic world you'll discover more than you ever imagined.

You will find yourself hiding from zombies and other players;
    exploring hidden parts of the map and discovering hidden
    stashes throughout your journey.

Nice find, this looks sick! Signed up as well.
  • Honestly, when it comes to zombie games, I am waiting for "Human Element". Robert Bowling started a new studio and is backing this. Looks interesting.
  • I always wanted a zombie mmo, survival mmos are better than the RPG crap.
  • Just over an hour away from the live stream gameplay footage for Path of Exile!

If anyone is interested in checking it out visit me at

Watch live video from darubian on www.twitch.tv
  • how is this really, i will prolly have to watch :-p
  • Yeah, ive been setting up a live stream all day to get it good enough. I will not promise optimal graphics, but enough to give you an idea of the game play. We will also have Q&A for people in chat. So make sure you have an account set up on twitch, so you can fire off with as many questions as you can muster.
  • RUNESCAPE! lol
  • Any dayz players here?
  • edited August 2012
    Long story short, its like Diablo 2 on crack. I just bought my way into beta. It is only $10 to do it, but they give that back to you in in store credit.
    What in the hell is up with these beta games charging people? Dota 2 had 78k+ users on last night and they're selling invites for $60. The game will be free when it comes out. If it ever comes out. It's more like a club at the moment it has so many people in it. People are buying and selling items in the shop, which is by no means inexpensive. Some of the items cost more than any new game and provide no benefit at all beyond looking purdy. It's so weird to me.

Originally I read your post and was like haha let's make fun of Darubian for paying for a beta game, then I realized how common this has become.
  • Any dayz players here?
    Ive been thinking about it but haven't bought it.
  • edited August 2012
    It's turning into a stand alone. If you haven't bought it yet wait for it to become its own game. Unless of course you love Arma 2, but if you did you'd already have it. The Steam sale was funny there were a couple hundred threads begging for that game to go on sale. When it was finally over the company came out and said yes we will make this stand alone, confirmed.

http://mp1st.com/2012/08/07/its-official-dayz-to-become-a-standalone-game/

http://dayzgame.com/

I think they may have really f'ed up here. WarZ is going to rip all of their ideas while rumor has it DayZ is f'ing up their formula. WarZ will come out of the gate first even though they entered the race late. I haven't played either but it's really interesting to watch this unfold. If WarZ comes out first and it will that's where my money will be going. Mainly because I heard Arma 2 was a buggy mess. It doesn't fill my heart with confidence that they're going to carry the torch they created but have not lit.
  • As far as paid beta access, I thought it was illegal for companies to sell beta things because once the real games come out beta stuff is wiped.

Well, for closed betas anyways.
  • edited August 2012
    On Dota 2 you have to request somebody already in the game to purchase that key for you as well. You can't just go on the site and buy into the beta. Maybe that was a loophole. If anyone sees mikey33 around tell him he's a deuche for taking that key off my hands and playing it for one week. He hasn't signed into Steam for months. $60 value he pissed away.
  • Buying into the beta gets you that money transferred to in-store credit, from what I read. In essence, you are being given beta access as a gift for spending 10$ on cosmetic items.
  • Exactly zeal, all cosmetics. That was one thing that scared me. Most free games that allow you to pay for extra crap makes the game unbalanced, but the guys behind POE have made it clear, anything they charge for is for cosmetic purposes or things like extra stash slots and additional character slots. Nothing more.
  • Any dayz players here?
    I Play Dayz.... its very addicting, has alot of bugs tho which is expected seeing as its only in alpha. I'm also going to pre purchase guild wars 2 this week in anticipation for it's release on the 28th.