Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow.... is this the same BCart?

HxDHxD
edited August 2012 in General
BCartfall ?? Senior Member

08-03-2012, 10:51 PM

Let me start by stating that I'm not entirely sure why I am sharing any of this with an online community other than I feel the need to get it "off my chest" and really appreciate the LoL community. I'm not looking for pity; I'm having a hard time.

I was previously attending Purdue University when I met my wife-to-be. She had received her BA at another college and was going for a dual major. Her family asked that she return home, near Washington, D.C. and followed suit. I found a job in the area as a baker [I'm a graduate of the American Institute of Baking] and made a decent wage. However, I was laid off within weeks of starting work. Desperate, I've sold many of my possessions and such to stay afloat as I try to find another job, but I could not even get a call-back from McDonald's. The economy is hard, especially if you do not have a degree to your name. Luckily I found employment with a small bakery but my funds ran dry - I was kicked out of my home and now spend my nights sleeping in my car.

Sometimes people come up and knock, waking me up. Sometimes the police harass me. Usually it is not so bad. I start work on Monday and I'm looking forward to it. I bathe by going to a public restroom with clean clothes. I lather them up, take it to a stall, wash part of my body, repeat until clean. Maintaining cleanliness while being homeless is a difficult task.

Why am I not living with my fiancee'? She is currently with her parents, working part-time and is signed up for school for the fall semester. They are ultra-Baptist and have not approved of me sleeping on a couch for a day. It matters not. My family... I have no family.

I told her the only way I would move down here is if she continued her studies and I would resume my own when she was finished. Education and imagination is something both her and I care for deeply.

I do not do drugs nor drink. It is a very harsh world out there. I'm afraid of not being able to make it. What if something happens with this job [sales director and training for plant manager]? I was supposed to start a week ago per the CEO and owner, but that has been pushed to Monday. I cannot stay at a homeless shelter unless I want lice and what is left of what I have to be stolen.

What little comfort from fear of the future is brought on by the encouraging words from the woman I love and this game. It takes my mind off things, helps me focus a bit. At the moment I'm plugged into an outlet outside of my local library because I can't sleep. I did some work and managed to get a motel for the weekend so I can clean up properly before I start working.

Edit: To clarify, I am in the area that I was working, which is near my fiancee'.
Thank you all SO MUCH for your support. The outside perspective has really helped and know that your time posting has not been wasted for the most of you.
For what it's worth, thanks Riot.

Comments