Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get more people playing S2.

edited July 2012 in General
Since S2 is more or less a dead server now. I propose the following.

- S2 gets set-up the same as S1,
- Stagger the start of each server so that S2 starts 1 month after S1. making it only mid round on S2 when S1 starts, and vice-versa.
- Also, have it that each round ends on the 1st and new round starts on 3rd of the month.

Comments

• FLAME FLAME (just for you)
  • FLAME FLAME (just for you)
  • only if we implement s2 being ajar
  • S2 is not a jar!
  • troll troll
  • Dude....naw...
  • I've always wanted BCart to have a super-fast server for those of us who want faster rounds. The entire round would last two weeks and your kingdom would not update every hour, but every 15 minutes. No reason that can't be done with S2. It would certainly create some interesting rounds.
  • Fast rounds always leads to a lot less players. Also, on a weak server such as SK, fast rounds will cause more lag.
  • Lets just play S3. Oh wait...that's not around anymore.

I do however agree offsetting the round starts would attract more players.
  • Yes offsetting round starts would attract more players. But shorter ticks wont.
  • yeah 2 months is a good length. trouble is people get bored after a couple weeks. so offsetting the start of each server gives people who died or are bored chance to start anew without having to wait til the round ends.

Another idea, reintroduce S3, make rounds last 8 weeks, and start 2 weeks apart with a week between rounds.

example being
    Week 0 S1 Signups open
    week 1 S1 starts
    Week 2 S2 ends
    Week 3 S2 Signups open
    Week 4 S2 Starts
    Week 5 S3 ends
    Week 6 S3 Signups open
    Week 7 S3 starts
    week 8 S1 ends
    week 9 S1 Signups open
    Week 10 S1 starts

in other words a round starts on weeks 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25..... meaning you never have to wait more than 3 weeks for a new round to start.

This would not require any extra work for bcart, he just needs to be present to click the end round button, and reset server, the open Signups.

• Eliminate newbiemode and give all KDs at their start similar (but random) attributes. Knock off 3 days there.
  • I like the idea of staggering round starts for s1 and s2. Like it has been said before, I am one of the many who grow bored as the round progresses. This way, I can play for about 2 weeks on each server without having to wait a ridiculous amount of time just to play again.

In addition, it could reduce the problem of round start lag for both servers by offsetting the initial attacks and probings.

Less stress on the servers, on BCart, and on the players. I approve this idea.
  • This is a great idea. This way, s1 and s2 will balance out on players and players that got KTed could wait a few days and will be able to sign up and get a fresh start on the other server. It also gives ppl a chance to compete if say they have to go on vacation during the signup of s1 but have time to play after that. Who knows, this change could possibly even bring back some players lol xD
  • I have suggested this at least 3x now
  • ya but we cant even get Cart to fix the ghost kingdoms, much less something helpfull like this...
  • Interesting way of looking at it, lol.
  • lol cart hasnt closed S2? Priceless...
  • lol cart hasnt closed S2? Priceless...
    I tried my best!
  • The reason I personally stopped playing s2 back in the day (besides it being a ghost town) was the stay in sector option. I dunno if that's still around, but all it did was make 2-3 overpowered sectors. Aside from that, there's the obvious cheaters on s2 that go unchecked round after round.