Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mob vs growth - r51

edited July 2012 in Game Talk
so my SL and I have been talking about which is better this round, with the longer return times.
I feel like after 2500 land mob will be better. He is dead set on growth.

Just looking for some opinions, even better, someone who knows the exact math from anyone who know. :)

Comments

• i think that growth has its benefits, id suggest a 4 day mobil 3 day growth cycle

4 days mobil to keep the troops(soldiers) coming enough
    3 days growth to keep exploration possible
  • If your DW - perma mob after 2,5k land always.

If your any other none offensive KD then growth.

Any form of "cycles" are useless. The only time I would go to mob if I was playing a growth strat was if a top DW sneaked out a lot of goons - an I needed mob to get my defence back in line quickly.

Your point about the round bonus makin mob more effective is stupid, the round bonus makes grabbing in general less effective, therefore makin growth an even better option.

The end.
  • I think you got served :P
  • lol is this real life
  • i think that growth has its benefits, id suggest a 4 day mobil 3 day growth cycle

4 days mobil to keep the troops(soldiers) coming enough
    3 days growth to keep exploration possible
    To be fair you was saying in uni chat that Terra Form is "so OP" yesterday so maybe you shouldnt give advice ;)

• whoever takes uni chat serious?

• terra is shit
  • tera is shit
  • Perm growth.
  • If your DW - perma mob after 2,5k land always.

If your any other none offensive KD then growth.

Any form of "cycles" are useless. The only time I would go to mob if I was playing a growth strat was if a top DW sneaked out a lot of goons - an I needed mob to get my defence back in line quickly.

Your point about the round bonus makin mob more effective is stupid, the round bonus makes grabbing in general less effective, therefore makin growth an even better option.

The end.
    So I wasn't saying that the round bonous makes mob better, I was saying its worse. Mob is clearly a better state after 2500 land normaly.

In mob you can train the same # of soldiers with 1/2 the population. Unless your playing with no starmines this will increase your income.

How are "cycles" not effective? I see no reasoning behind our statement....
    I think you got served :P
    Noob

• cycles arent effective because as he explained if you were turtling then you switch to mobi when you need to build defence fast to keep up with the people building offence.

a cycle doesnt take notice of whats happening in the round. you wouldnt switch back to growth to maintain the cycle when lots of dw's are massing offence would you?
  • Jester, doesn't the fact that Jones is consistently, round after round a better player than you show that maybe he is right and you are wrong?
  • I think you got served :P
  • Jester, doesn't the fact that Jones is consistently, round after round a better player than you show that maybe he is right and you are wrong?
    I'm not contesting that jones is a better player than me. But just because he is better than I am dose not make his theory on what is best right. There are a lot more elements to sk than sector state. I guess I was more interested in the specific reasons behind why people have their opinions. I wasn't saying he was wrong just trying to understand it, didn't m e to sound like i was anyway
  • when your not safe or close to not being safe you go mobi, when you are you go growth, simple (being a none DW/MT pt with with offense this is)

jester ask your sister/wife/son/pet golf fish and the nieghbors dog to take this into consideration on their accounts too.
  • I was thinking that because of the return times growth was so much more important. Exploration should be a greater percentage of your land acquisition this round.
  • well on a dw i id have constant mobi after 2.5k land and run 0% rwce so i guess if you have a dw and max RWCE then its just like normal
  • mobi beats growth in every way, even getting land
  • Eye always go mob over growth then eye can train more fighters!
  • With all that extra +1 platinum last round, I filled up on fighters.
  • Didn't mobilization also have a barrack advantage bonus 85 vs 75? I know it did back in the day but the current guide doesn't mention it. On a 20% barracks kingdom, that would give an extra 2.5% free land.
  • not anymore
  • On the topic of changed sector statuses: Defensive: Population fights as Militia in Defensive Battles. Gain 1 defensive point for each population.

What? So if I have 50k pop and I am in defensive mode then I get extra 50k points of defense? Both Holo's and Skato's calc only give it .25 instead of 1, what's the deal?
  • Nvm, went back through round changes and saw the .25 thing. Guide just wasn't updated.
    I'm not contesting that jones is a better player than me. But just because he is better than I am dose not make his theory on what is best right. There are a lot more elements to sk than sector state. I guess I was more interested in the specific reasons behind why people have their opinions. I wasn't saying he was wrong just trying to understand it, didn't m e to sound like i was anyway
    They don't explain dude. They might be good at the game, but they're still cunts.
  • edited July 2012
    I'll break it down. Take two 3000 land kingdoms, both exploring max, one in growth and one in mobi. Max pop research, max money, nano, +10% from honor
    Kingdom A: 3000 land, growth, 20% residences
    Kingdom B: 3000 land, mobi, 10% residences, 10% starmines

Exploring takes around 5725 per land in growth, 7633 per land in mobi. Difference of 1908

Regular kingdom residence makes 50*1.95*1.2*1.25* 1.2 (nano + honor) = 175.5 per res. (193 with longetivity)
    Regular kingdom starmine makes = 181

Difference of 5.5 money between res and starmine.
    Kingdom A however has 18000 more pop requiring 4500 power requring 14 extra fusion power plants (core, solar, max power bonus)

Income difference: (300 * 5.5) + (14 * 181) = 4184

Under above setup kingdom B makes 4184 per hour more then kingdom A. That means if you are getting more then 3 land per hour from exploring then growth is better.

Kingdom A has to keep pop bonus till it gets longetivity. Then longetivity negates pop bonus.

As for Forest, the difference is 10866 per hour so as long as you explore more then 6 land, you are better off in growth.
  • I think it was pretty obvious to point out growth is better for exploring land...

Only idiots would explore in mobi, obviously if your going mobi its to grab for land.
  • Wouldn't offensive be even better since Bcart removed extra casualties, MA thing and gave it extra honor? Sounds like a very solid sector state now.
  • Mind, check your pf inbox,will ya? :D