Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Alliance Idea (that will never happen)

edited March 2016 in Game Talk
I know this is a pipe dream, I seriously doubt BCart will even consider this but I'd love some feedback anyway.

Proposal: Alliances can have up to 10 sectors in the Alliance but every alliance has a NW cap. (similar to a salary cap) This Cap would grow as round time goes on.

Reasoning: The start of rounds are full of active (or seemingly active) KDs but as time goes on KDs die, Multis are born ect leaving many sectors with 1 or few KDs surrounded by non-active/Multi Kds. The sector limit would allow these essentially 1 KD sectors to join alliances and the cap would keep it from being out of control. It would also benefit to have a feature to block KDs from the having access to the alliance forums so the non desired KDs won't have access and be able to spy (Never been an AL I'm not sure if that exists already)

Implementation: There could be a simple NW to round-time-progressed formula that adds a factor based on current number of sectors (or maybe even active our counted KDs* more on this later) Something like Cap = Time/#Sectors I dunno I'm not a math Wizard.
It could also be fixed amounts based on round increments. So lets say All caps begin at 500k NW and every week or day it increased to a predetermined fixed amount divided by current # of sectors (or some smaller factorial)

Usage: At the start of the round Alliances may only be able to have 3 or 4 sectors, which would mean less alliance stacking, more co-operation between sister alliances, ect and as the round goes on they could absolve each other, Maybe two 2 sector alliances go to war and the winner absolves the loser into their alliance! It would certainly open the door to fun scenarios. And then as the round progresses people who had bad starts, or just shitty locations will still be able to get into an alliance as a 6th sector.

Other: Maybe the cap only goes into effect after the 4th sector, or maybe you have another idea to add or to help modify this idea. I Don't know if EA would benefit from this idea because I'm not sure if the same issues exist, but maybe its something to think about. Maybe there could even be sector benefits of being in an alliance (like more honor gained for each attack) or sector benefits for being the "Lead" sector in an Alliance. (A designation that would have to be created) Thus incentivizing sectors to form their own alliance.

Summary: Please let me know what you think, sorry if maybe I should have posted this under suggestions. I think this change would benefit UAs as well as those of us who have no UA affiliation. Thank you for reading.

Comments