Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I missed you guys

edited July 2015 in General
When is the next round

Comments

• ##lynch azalieo
  • ##Hug Azalieo
  • ## creates alliance to kill azalieo
  • edited July 2015
  • So what's been going on? I've had major panic attacks that forced me to quit my job before I hurt myself, and now I'm living on the edge of losing a lot of the things...hope everyone else is doing better
  • that sounds like a...challenging lifestyle

what was your job? did you enjoy doing it? what would you like to do? can you start it now? What do you need to start it now?
  • edited July 2015
    So what's been going on? I've had major panic attacks that forced me to quit my job before I hurt myself, and now I'm living on the edge of losing a lot of the things...hope everyone else is doing better
    what meds are you eating currently? drug use causing the panic attacks?
  • So what's been going on? I've had major panic attacks that forced me to quit my job before I hurt myself, and now I'm living on the edge of losing a lot of the things...hope everyone else is doing better
    what meds are you eating currently? drug use causing the panic attacks?
  • ##Hug Azalieo
    Hope you feel better Aza. I have been outdoors lately for work, hope the better weather helps.

~cookies and hugs for you~
  • I am on sleeping med (trazidone) and anti depressants, which are helping the panic attacks. I have a huge anxiety problem from the army, enough that I have a pension, but it's not a livable pension (isn't supposed to be).
    right now I just want a job that helps me pay the bills, I get enough enjoyment from other parts of ly life.
  • edited July 2015
    @Azalieo
    I have few friend that are in similar situation ( voluntary retirement from Forces at younger age). I am not sure of the other struggles, but I suspect the same reasons brought them to retirement. The pension is really low, but you can supplement with small part time jobs.

One thing that help them much is the outdoors.

I run and co-own a garden and landscape company for summers (hence I am barely online) ...and they quite enjoyed the working outdoors part, and getting sweaty, dirty at the end of the day, get them physically exhausted while earning money. I think something similar to that...if you can find in your area: small construction, deck re-sealing, garden bed overhauls.. hedge trimming, yielding chain saw to cut dead shrubs ..etc.

On other recreation part, we spend weekends on hiking on trails, and free solo climbing ( a personal sport that I like and bring the boys with me) -anywhere we can find outdoors and slack lining. I am blessed to be in Canada's capital, so our biking pathways are also long and we can spend the day mountain biking.
    Being exhausted - does put me to sleep. I am not sure if physical exhaustion does that to you.

We always run and train, we have an annual Army Run September 20-ish here in Ottawa every year, so that is a goal we aim for....

I guess, I am rambling on ideas...but...i really hope you find circle of friends around there to do activities.

~hugs~ update us what you're up to.
    BTW, coffee is on me, if you are within range of YOW.

Ashy

• From what i could gather, he's socially fine, but struggling to pay for things he need.

Considering Maslow's piramid, lack of money compromises the stability of the two lowest levels and thats stressfull on its own.

Add an already existent stress condition and it sums up to quite the depressing state indeed...

Now, as for options, besides entering a life of crime, sharing the shareable costs with someone (residence, electricity, water, etc) will help mitigate your upkeep cost while you do short term errands and look for a more stable and satisfying job.
  • We actually have a guy moving in to our basement to help split costs, that should keep us afloat ( barely) while I hunt for a part time job
  • Hope you get a job soon mate
  • Yes. I agree, cost splitting does make sense.

Good luck with job hunting.
  • We actually have a guy moving in to our basement to help split costs, that should keep us afloat ( barely) while I hunt for a part time job
    double check that it's not darius.
  • also remember, your body is your temple.

so charge 10% of the salary of anyone who intends to get inside it :P
  • also remember, your body is your temple.

so charge 10% of the salary of anyone who intends to get inside it :P
    only 10%...i think I am over charging...
  • If you had a friend who you met online playing games, and he back stabbed you on said game, would you still be his friend? I don't have many people who get along with me and it really sucks. It's so rare that I meet people who tolerate me because of how weird I am.
  • i can be ur friend and im weird too! i guess we would get along pretty well
  • If you had a friend who you met online playing games, and he back stabbed you on said game, would you still be his friend? I don't have many people who get along with me and it really sucks. It's so rare that I meet people who tolerate me because of how weird I am.
    No. He will backstab you again.
    No. He will backstab you again.
  • edited July 2015
    If you had a friend who you met online playing games, and he back stabbed you on said game, would you still be his friend? I don't have many people who get along with me and it really sucks. It's so rare that I meet people who tolerate me because of how weird I am.
    This video incredibly funny. But some people find my sense of humor very, very weird.

• edited July 2015
    oh ffs devil plugin

• added controls
  • edited July 2015
    If you had a friend who you met online playing games, and he back stabbed you on said game, would you still be his friend? I don't have many people who get along with me and it really sucks. It's so rare that I meet people who tolerate me because of how weird I am.
    If you call him on it, and he apologize, I might give friendship a second chance. Just because...sometimes, good friends screw up and if it is a matter that can be fix, why not?

However, there is also another chance that he will backstab you again in the future.

I'm weird on my own... hence I am on SK PFs.
  • zach love you bro