Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should ppl who don't know politics keep quiet?

edited June 2015 in General
Theres been an issue regarding whether ppl who dont know much about politics should just shut up and not post about it on SNS. Its a democracy and we have freedom of speech so is this really a problem?

Comments

• If you want to make a fool of yourself arguing a topic you know nothing about, then go for it. The internet is full of angry trolls, just smile and watch them get torn apart
  • I agree with Kenshin. I stay to topics where I know about or has reference in it, when it comes to politics.

However, if it is an open town hall...I think people who you think "does not know" might stir the pot and you will learn from them.

I still think...no matter how stupid the ideals/right or wrong/ left or right or don't know what to make of it.......it must be heard. I might not agree with it.... but say it, express it.
  • edited June 2015
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Lincoln
  • Might something be learned from someone trying to partcipate while lacking knowledge?
  • Always get involved or others can never become leadership or learn from there downfall
    If people don't ask questions and make mistakes then they carnt move forward with anything in life
  • I am assuming this is a reference to Ashnod's idiotic post whoring, to where she usually contributes nothing, knows even less about the topic, gets called out on it yet continues to resume her practice each and every Monday like she's new here
  • edited June 2015
    I am assuming this is a reference to Ashnod's idiotic post whoring, to where she usually contributes nothing, knows even less about the topic, gets called out on it yet continues to resume her practice each and every Monday like she's new here
    You are smart and probably best at math in here. But at 3AM SK time....you are an ass...

@ Bean: No, I am NOT assuming it's about me, my ego is not that big.
    The location the original poster mentioned is "SNS", not SK Public Forums. See the original posters question. I think you can read well enough that no one needs to explain what the questions was.

I do not have a problem with you, but my goodness, learn when to STFU! It gets annoying when you high jack someone's thread and post your "PROBLEM " with my postings. Make you own thread for that.

I may not agree with you, but I uphold your rights to say it.

sorry @loafery, your thread is use by trolls.
  • Always get involved or others can never become leadership or learn from there downfall
    If people don't ask questions and make mistakes then they carnt move forward with anything in life
    Hear, hear!
  • Find a mentor, stfu
  • Didnt read thread, but nope. People who are more informed should educate the less informed, especially since politics literally decide your future.

• I disagree with everything said above.

I also refuse to read everything said above.

Also. I agree with everyone.
  • Didnt read thread, but nope. People who are more informed should educate the less informed, especially since politics literally decide your future.

I concur. We need more voters to make the right votes and there should be a plan, so that ordinary citizens can gain insight on what really matters. All issues affect both poor and rich.

• And what better place to make a plan than in forums used by all of 10 people.
  • Political information boils down to one whole lot of opinion. People should be able to say what they think regardless of whether some other person decides they are 'informed' or not.
  • You don't learn how to speak up and become a good speaker without acting a fool and making mistakes first.
    I'm really with viva on this. Politics are meant to be a great debate on which all opinions are heard. The crucial part is to be respectful.
  • You don't learn how to speak up and become a good speaker without acting a fool and making mistakes first.
  • edited June 2015
    Some basic rules of a debate:

1. Dont make statements with no grounds
    2. Be descriptive
    3. Dont judge.
    4. Refrain from using ad hominem

These should be enforced almost dictatorially.

Someone who says something of which he knows nothing, should be oriented to look for information (1)

Someone being cloudy and vague should be oriented to clarify, contextualize. (2)

Judgements, prejudice and personal attacks should be punished (3&4)

There's a limit to freedom os speech, one should be allowed to act like a fool, but not given leniency for continuous repetition. Education is fundamental in every aspect of our human interactions.

TL;DR

Instead of just banishing someone who doesnt know about politics, he could be given the oportunity to understand what he did wrong and how he can change his behavior.

The next time he might google wikipedia for his sources...and then in the future he'll be checking more than one source...

Didnt read thread, but nope. People who are more informed should educate the less informed, especially since politics literally decide your future.

I concur. We need more voters to make the right votes and there should be a plan, so that ordinary citizens can gain insight on what really matters. All issues affect both poor and rich.

Find a mentor, stfu
  • Rohan can be a mentor...depending on the issues.
  • I could but I don't care anymore lol. I have no clue who My AL Is arm, much less who all actually plays anymore. Part of politics is knowing who you play with, at least 50% of it anyway.
  • Lewl...I love the SK Politics reference.