Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Language material

edited April 2015 in General
I have been teaching myself German for about a month now, I am learning well, I wanted to ask if there were any websites or software that one might recommend? I know of Rosetta Stone, by im not downloading that 4billon megabyte shit.

Comments

• Just listen to a bunch of knorkator and rammstein :P
  • I have been teaching myself German for about a month now, I am learning well, I wanted to ask if there were any websites or software that one might recommend? I know of Rosetta Stone, by im not downloading that 4billon megabyte shit.
    you can buy it in the store :D
  • I would suggest going to live in a country that speaks it.
  • You're moving to Germany? have you been following in your fathers footsteps and now need to flee the country?
  • You're moving to Germany? have you been following in your fathers footsteps and now need to flee the country?
    Is that directed at Rohan or me?
    Not the brightest spark in the cupboard, are you Barry?

He mentioned learning German, but nothing about going there. I only said it's best to live in the country to speak it. So yeah your post applys to both...

He mentioned learning German, but nothing about going there. I only said it's best to live in the country to speak it. So yeah your post applys to both...
    poor barrynub, its ok mate, i wasnt insulting you dont worry, i was having some banter with Rohan, even if its below the belt.
  • Why do you want to play below his belt?
  • Why do you want to play below his belt?
    rekt
  • Can try reading "Mein Kampf". Not sure if it'll help with your German though.
  • duolingo is an app that i use/used they have german on there. i dont know how extensive it is as i only did the first few lessons and stopped using it.
  • its also free
  • ive have been teaching myself some other languages too. you can use livemocha.com, it is a free community language learning website with many languages and lessons
  • Lol, that was kinda low, but funny :P

No, I'm not becoming a "nunce", I am of German heritage, and I've studied German off and on since I was 6. I'm going to continue my studies to finish it off :)
  • "Mein Kampf" wouldn't be a good lecture of german as its writer had a very low school education in german standards.
    Try the "Duden" lol :D
  • edited April 2015
    Well, in all seriousness Rohan, Rosetta Stone and Pimsleur worked well for me when I was trying to learn Mandarin, French and Spanish. I'm using them to learn Japanese now.

For German, a quick Google search for "learn German" brings up dozens of websites that will help you for free. YouTube and other similar sites bring up tons of videos from simply searching for "learn German". Could be useful for you. :)
  • Yes pimsleur

i learned polish that way.
  • Thank you guys, I've found a couple decent resources :)