Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baltimore Riots

edited April 2015 in Game Talk
For all the folks in baltimore I wish you the best of luck. I live in baltimore and I can tell you shit is going crazy even now..There is pillaging burning and beatings galore. Im in my house watchig mobs go by. i have my shot gun by the door and its barred up with a nice crossbar in anticipation. Pray for me folks as this may turn out very bad for baltimore. The Roit police are out and the National guard is on the scene...I wont be surprised to see a state of emergency(martial Law) declared soon...for all the people rioting out there.this is stupid..now you give cops and military an excuse to beat your asses and abuse you..not very bright.

Comments

• Be safe! I thought the governor already declared a state of emergency.
  • state of emergency isnt exactly the same as martial law, its like the first step in the process
  • Why are they rioting?
  • somebody died in police custody
  • stay safe. violence is never the answer.
  • It originally started as a protest regarding the death of Freddie Grey, a man who was basically killed by the police here. He was beaten detained and then driven roughly to the station and he basically died from the trauma recieved en route. I believe the riots started due to the large police presence and the anger of people and families that feel the police have turned into racketeers and jack boots who harm rather than protect and serve, also be cause there is bad elements everywhere who are looking to destroy and pillage at the slightest provocation and oppourtunity. It saddens me that the orignial meaning behind these protests will now be swamped and lost amid the violence and destruction now descending upon Baltimore. This is turning out to be a way for folks to riot for violence sake and not for any real process to change the way things are. Sad state of affairs
  • Well, stay safe mate, I've never witnessed anything like that before, I can only imagine the situation. Stay safe!
  • edited April 2015
    Good luck. Stay safe gentleman!

(it sounds like people need to watch selma)
  • The entire USA should riot the difference between the poor and the rich is out of control. CEOs making 45k an hour and the guy shoveling shit gets 8. The country needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Im from baltimore i was looting but got all the stuff i wanted. I support whats happening police are not judge jury and executioners. You can only push the people so far before they push back
  • Peaceful protests dont get results.
  • haha, this guy
  • Peaceful protests dont get results.
    I can agree with this, but the riots and looting are not the answer, ITS YOUR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD YOU ARE DESTROYING. Now next year you all be bitching there is no jobs or nice stuff. You need organized force/response. Not crazy uncontrolled violence and stupidity.

Anyone involved will get what they deserve. I have no remorse for people who decide to involve themselves in stupid behavior.

If you are not being stupid, breaking the law, or out trying to be a 'thug' in the first you wouldnt have to see the cops on most days
  • Yeah! We all know the historical cases where Martin Luther King and Gandhi both organized violent revolts because peaceful protests don't get results.
  • Yeah! We all know the historical cases where Martin Luther King and Gandhi both organized violent revolts because peaceful protests don't get results.
    yup, screw those clowns. they never get talked about
  • i was looting but got all the stuff i wanted.
    lol
    lol
    I double checked at this point lol
  • what did you get ? 55" 4k TV? scooter?
    lol
    I double checked at this point lol
    I did too, i spit out my drink and almost fell off my chair
  • The people feel like enough is enough. Having been to that point I understand. You never just felt like fuck everything?
  • The people feel like enough is enough. Having been to that point I understand. You never just felt like fuck everything?
    dude i want to know what you looted, you can even PM me :D
  • “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
  • I highly doubt that there will be any sort of legitimate revolution in the US which isn't lead by a puppet.
  • Niggas gotta eat
  • Confirmed: the nobody is hilarious or is a criminal.
  • I highly doubt that there will be any sort of legitimate revolution in the US which isn't lead by a puppet.
  • edited April 2015
    Yeah! We all know the historical cases where Martin Luther King and Gandhi both organized violent revolts because peaceful protests don't get results.

Because the Stonewall Riots accomplished nothing. Gays still have no rights.
    New York City Draft Riots accomplished nothing; you can still buy a pass out of the draft.
    The Haymarket Riot accomplished nothing, we don't have a 40-hour workweek.

"A riot is the language of the unheard." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • I'm not saying that riots haven't worked occasionally. What I am saying is that the ludicrous statement that peaceful protests never work is highly ignorant and completely asinine. It's just a way for a bunch of idiots to be the thieves they've always wanted to be.