Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Probe loss formula

edited March 2015 in General
anyone know what it is? thanks

Comments

• Who want to know it want to cheat $-)
    No for real start probing and take notes it is really easy to figure out.
  • It's super simple

1 if probes> 1000, then go to 2
    2 destroy all probes
  • I don't know if there is an accurate # tbh.. seems random
  • It's just a certain % of what you send, but within a small random window. I forget what % because tbh it really doesn't matter that much.
  • It matters for strategies a lot. Most of us are just experienced enough we do same old same old without calvs. If I recall off the top of my head it's half of rr pop loss for successful pa. 1.25%-2.5% without shields or probe armor. And roughly 4 or 5 times that if you fail. Shields and probe armor reduce losses by half multiplicative. So with both losses about 1/4 that. Been a while since I had a kd and did any robbing.
  • It's definitely random within a range with max 2x the min loss.
  • It matters for strategies a lot. Most of us are just experienced enough we do same old same old without calvs. If I recall off the top of my head it's half of rr pop loss for successful pa. 1.25%-2.5% without shields or probe armor. And roughly 4 or 5 times that if you fail. Shields and probe armor reduce losses by half multiplicative. So with both losses about 1/4 that. Been a while since I had a kd and did any robbing.
    awesome thanks
  • done some testing. I think it's 0.7%-1.5% without shield or armor.
  • Loses between 0.0075 - 0.0035
    for not shielded with probe armour is what I have saved.

So it is 0.0055 +-0.002 Random
    double loses without probarmour.
    or even half of that shielded with probearmour.
    All in success probes .