Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NW FORMULA

edited February 2015 in Game Talk
I'm looking to figure out the exact nw fomula used since vindi guide is only approximate and somewhat wrong.

Anyone know it?

what I am using has:
Land - 25 NW
Building (including in Construction) - 25 NW
Tank - 22 NW
Tactical Fighter - 18 NW
Scientist - 8 NW
Laser Dragoon - 8 NW
Laser Trooper - 7 NW
Dragoon - 7 NW
Trooper - 6 NW
Fighter - 9 NW
Soldier - 3 NW
Population - 1 NW
Money (500) - 1 NW
Probes (1000) - 1 NW ***I know this is wrong***
Power - Not worth anything
Missiles - nuc 25/fus 75/eng 150 NW each

Comments

• TF TANKERS are yours eh? Nice.
  • February 19, 22:06:30TF TANKER (1:14)anyone know anything about nw formula?
    February 19, 22:06:41TF TANKER (1:14)any insights into vindis guide?
    February 19, 22:06:47TF TANKER (1:14)just noticed it's wrong going to fix it
  • Yeah why not?
  • I'm just testing with them anyway. they don't interact or do anything malicious
  • edited February 2015
    why do you feel the need to copy chat to here as if I or we didn't know this already? ;)
  • BUMP anyone know anything about NW FORMULA?
  • dont think missiles give nw anymore? and those numbers are true but when calcing is still always slightly under for some reason.
  • a VI starts with 12,975 whereas an MT starts at 12,905. VI starts with 10 fusion missiles so that seems to indicate that fusions are 7 each. not sure
  • edited February 2015
    calculating wouldn't be slightly under if something isn't wrong. I know probes are 0, not sure what else is wrong
  • do VI and MT start with same pop?
  • Missiles were nerfed quite awhile ago when people used strats to save and build shitloads of missiles or something.

I don't think the probes are wrong, though.
  • Land is 50 nw a piece, not 25. When you get your land bonus, you gain 500 nw.
  • Soldiers = 3
    Population = 1
    Probes = 1/1000
    Money = 1/500
    Land = 50
    Building = 25
    Tank = 22
    Tactical Fighter = 18
    Scientist = 8
    Laser Dragoon = 8
    Trooper = 6
    Laser Trooper = 7
    Dragoon = 7
    Fighter = 9
    Nuke = 5
    Fusion = 7
    Energy = 15

This is what I have saved, for comparison's sake. I'm not 100% sure on the accuracy anymore, because it's fairly old.
  • I'm sure it's safe to say that it's accurate, why would bcart randomly change that stuff?
  • weird, you get 500nw for land reward but nw calculation definately says that each land (including construction) is 50nw each.
  • im getting more consistent results using 25nw as land... i dont understand the land reward tho...
  • edited February 2015
    yeah I dunno. it's weird. making buildings it acts like it's adding 25 each. but land reward seems to add 50. It calcs closest to 50. But I do think meadows has the missile nw right. Land as 50 (75 with building) can't be right though, puts the numbers way off. I mean how would planet types start off with 12900 networth on 250 land or have 16k or so after finishing making buildings. Simply could not be right.
  • With bugs like that I'm not sure there is an exact formula that can be found. Really shouldn't happen. Possible that's the problem with the nw formulas

though, probes do give 0 nw. At least suiciding 4,000 probes does not decrease the networth.
  • I just razed a pf and lost 24 nw
  • a probe factory? no way
  • you lost 25 nw for the building, gained 1 nw because you probably made enough money from it. money is worth NW.

i dunno about the probes. i'm almost positive i've monitored some PA fails in the past where i'll be out the right amount of networth after the probe losses. i don't have a kd to check with though.
  • Sure you do Jess.

CMSZ
  • Good point meadows
  • why the hell are all you losers up and on PFs and a Friday night/Saturday morning?

I'm at work, what's your excuse?
  • ohhh I misread it. thought you said you gained 24. losing 24 makes perfect sense as meadows said. yeah
  • why the hell are all you losers up and on PFs and a Friday night/Saturday morning?

I'm at work, what's your excuse?
    Work, though I don't deny being a loser
  • S'ok. I'm a loser, though I don't deny being at work.

Ryan, that sleep thing you mentioned. Might need it. lol
  • I was looking for this earlier, as I also reviewed Vindis. I will add it on my links of Tips and Tricks. At least, this is rough guide for those who were asking.
    Thanks Ryan.