Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Power question

edited February 2015 in Game Talk
Does the 85% from VI come before or after research/round bonus? Anyone have the order?

Comments

• so basically all pts will need twice as many pps
  • judging by the power change i was right
  • Just don't do as many tanks, go LDS for defence..

Tanks use more power than LDS.
  • If you say so Hazza.
    If you're talking defense the only relevant power consumption is the upkeep.
    Upkeep is 1.4 for tanks 0.7 for LDs. Per defense point that is 0.156 for tanks or 0.14 for LDs. That's not a significant difference. If you have 5 tanks per land pure D . With power bonus and solars, having LD instead of tanks is saving you a whopping 0.5% PP. Ok while that's technically something, strategies aren't that refined. So many things could outweigh the advantage of saving 0.5% pp
  • That is for a normal planet type power consumption. Of course if your mysti or VI that 0.5% pp is really lower. (assumes 50% power bonus, with terra should be 70% so only 0.4% pp advantage)
  • also training lds would mean more pop so much more power consumption than upkeep of tanks
  • yeah that's actually the bigger issue.
    If you're going Terra that's a different issue since Terra's still better going all res even with the 2x worse power least once you have longevity. On another planet type like I guess MT, going LD instead of tanks you might need 5% more res. 0.05 res per land * 50 pop per res*1.2 pop bonus * 0.25 power cons per pop /140 power per fpp this round (solars+research cancel with round bonus)=0.005. So good call wooden. 0.5% more pp to have the pop needed to do the LD roughly. So 0.5% pp+0.5% pp=1%. 1% almost starts to get somewhere
  • SO, @ryansth16, please tell me if DW is good with pure tanks or LD, base on power changes this round?
  • I honestly don't think this will affect the steady (or slow) growers. Power production is halved but power storage remains the same.

I think you'll just have to be smarter about how you use your power (ie: shilded probes/WLs etc)