Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Helping a Good Cause! So Help me Out Guys!

edited February 2012 in General
Above is a letter I sent out to my email contacts to stop from having to retype it here it is:

Good Afternoon Friends, Colleagues, fellow members of the community,

If you do not reconize my email address, my name is Adam Semanchick. This year with great pleasure I have become a captain of a Relay for Life Team here in Bayonne (Team "Johnny B. Goode", Cancer B. Bad). Although I am not new to Relay for Life having DJed it for the last 2 years , but being on a team let alone being a captain is a new endevor for me. What teams do is raise money up until the Relay For Life event on June 15, 2012 at Veteran's Stadium in Bayonne. The money goes to the American Cancer Associations fight against Cancer through Cancer Research.

The Relay for Life event is about bringing people of the community together for a great cause. It serves as both a support for families, survivors and everyone out there which has been impacted by Cancer. It is a shame but in this day and age everyone is or has been affected by cancer.I know I have as my father went through a major facial reconstructive surgery and removal of skin cancer just 2 years ago.

The actual event is broken into 3 parts and I will explain them here.

CELEBRATE

Relay starts with a Survivors Lap – an inspirational time when survivors are invited to circle the track together and help everyone celebrate the victories we’ve achieved over cancer. It's an emotional example of how Relayers are ensuring that more lives are saved each year.

REMEMBER

After dark, we honor people who have been touched by cancer and remember loved ones lost during the Luminaria Ceremony. Candles are lit inside bags filled with sand, each one bearing the name of a person touched by cancer.

FIGHT BACK

The Fight Back Ceremony is where we make a personal commitment to save lives by pledging to do something simple. By taking action, you are personally taking steps to save lives.

So what am I asking for today, it is simple really, Relay for Life is a feet on the ground type of event to reach out and raise money for this cause. This has been a very effective way to raise money for the American Cancer Association and Cancer Research. So I invite you to visit Relayforlife.org to find out more and I also ask you consider making a donation with the link below. Please don't feel obligated to give but if you can help me reach my $3,000 goal

My Link to donate so I can track my goal!

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12EA?px=26448301&pg=personal&fr_id=36382

Flame away but it is a great cause and could use all the help I could get. Everyone who donates will get a personal Thank you letter for me ;)

Comments