Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long will SK last and why will it end?

edited January 2015 in General
Place your bets!

Comments

• 2016 bcart will finally fold it in to puzzle command
  • Just check the URL renewal date, odds are he won't renew it, or he will let it lapse.
  • Sk will last forever in our hearts and minds where no multis can get to it!
  • Lets do the MASH thing and find out! You know, that paper folding trick all the ladies did in grade school :D We can also find out who Brian will marry <3 <3 <3 </blockquote>

Hey you it was like a very long time ago but wasnt there this game where people had to find you or something? MEMORRY IS FUZZY but there was like a youtube video how to find mages or where to find mages or something plz help IM IN NEED TO KNOW
  • O_o

You have awoken a memory long since forgotten. You indeed speak of me. The time was Browncoats, and I was Ex-Libris. It was my first time running an alliance and Tmonsta went on vacation. I worked as assistant manager at Subway and the times were rough. However, I smile at this recollection. *Sips Coffee*
    Sweet I hazzzz good memmory but what was the youtube video? I can remember there was one linked but forgot what it was, I need to know cus its like a missing puzzle piece in my head!
  • LOL SO AWESOME :D
  • related video: "Sexually abused children of Light of Hope orphanage..."
  • It will not end. We all die and SK and the bots get married.
  • O_o

You have awoken a memory long since forgotten. You indeed speak of me. The time was Browncoats, and I was Ex-Libris. It was my first time running an alliance and Tmonsta went on vacation. I worked as assistant manager at Subway and the times were rough. However, I smile at this recollection. *Sips Coffee*
    Who told you one thing before he went on vacation...just don't disband the alliance. What does Mages do? DISBANDS THE ALLIANCE WHILE I AM ON VACATION! :: Glares at Mages.::

It's okay I KTed him the last week of the round on principle. That was the first round of my Sesame Street alliance.
  • O_o

Who told you one thing before he went on vacation...just don't disband the alliance. What does Mages do? DISBANDS THE ALLIANCE WHILE I AM ON VACATION! :: Glares at Mages.::

It's okay I KTed him the last week of the round on principle. That was the first round of my Sesame Street alliance.
    LEaving the alliance is same as disbanding it so youre to blame too! :D
  • Oh but my vacation KD was still sitting in the alliance. So I didn't leave, I just went into protected inactivity.
  • Bcart will get married and SK will live forever. His queen will assasinate him, and take over SK.
  • Maybe a couple more years.
  • Toooooooo long
  • Bcart will get married and SK will live forever. His queen will assasinate him, and take over SK.
    So we need to set bcart up with a SK player so they can get married and she can force him to fix the game :P
    So we need to set bcart up with a SK player so they can get married and she can force him to fix the game :P
    This is not good advice. Sk women be crazy

• I didn't think SK would last past 2006, so I don't think I have a right to guess anymore.
  • does that imply that ash is marrying bcart?
    This is not good advice. Sk women be crazy

Crazy is exactly what you need.

Courtesy, asking nicely did not work well. Try crazy...
  • does that imply that ash is marrying bcart?
    No.
  • It will linger on until the internet dies
    ever wondered how old bcart is? i mean he must have been in his late 20s when he made this game? I'm not sure when this game started, but it was already going on many years before I started playing, which was a LONG LONG time. he probably have grandkids now. and one of those grandkids is administering SK and making multi bots. because they feel 'text based game is a dinosaur joke.

• if im not mistaken didnt bcart create this game in highschool?
  • bcart himself didnt make the game, he took part in coding but most work was done by other people.
  • edited January 2015
    Bcart will get married and SK will live forever. His queen will assasinate him, and take over SK.
    ever wondered how old bcart is? i mean he must have been in his late 20s when he made this game? I'm not sure when this game started, but it was already going on many years before I started playing, which was a LONG LONG time. he probably have grandkids now. and one of those grandkids is administering SK and making multi bots. because they feel 'text based game is a dinosaur joke.

Year 2000. I was playing Utopia, and also doing some part time work as beta tester.
    I was testing Anarchy-on Line, Phantasy Star (owned by SEGA) and I owned a Dream Cast game console. I was able to connect using the Dreamcast, it comes with keyboard.. probably advance for a year 2000 game console.
    Around this time, there was beta invitation for Starkingdoms. I believe there were few RPG those days, and Google was not around, no Iphones yet, and I think I was still hooked up to the wall with cable internet. So, I said, why not?
    I made friends with players on ICQ, then moved to AIM chat. The rest is history when I become friends with a pack of wolves, I opened Ashnod's Nudie Bar, hired dancing llamas, and I spent many years on the SK Playground.

Company History [1]
    BSG Online Games started in 1999 with the launch of RPG Battle. RPG Battle is an online role playing game where you fight in an online arena against hundreds of monsters. Your upgrade your warrior's weapons and improve skill quickly so that you can fight harder enemies. RPG Battle quickly became popular and had gained over a thousand members within a couple weeks.

Work on our next game began immediately. Star Kingdoms was introduced in August, 2000. Compete in an online universe as an entire kingdom. Make allies and enemies as you build your armies and send them into galactic conquest. Star Kingdoms is the most popular of our online games as it promotes an online community as you must work with your sector-mates to achieve victory.

Our latest game: Good Hockey was launched in March, 2005. Good Hockey is an ice hockey dynasty simulator. Users get to build a hockey empire and can control every aspect of owning a hockey club.

Since our launch in 1999 we have received over 1 billion page views and our popularity continues to grow.

References:

1.http://www.bsgonlinegames.com/aboutus, access: 9 January 2015

~Back then, there was a guy named Maverick. He was coool!~
  • phantasy star was so awesome...played all of them
  • bcart himself didnt make the game, he took part in coding but most work was done by other people.
    yes, I believe Mav was mentioned earlier. He did most of the maintenance in the earlier days, which problems were resolve during his time.

• its really pretty easy to trace him, but man! I won't cross that line, I don't want anyone stalking me either.
  • I think I had posted his address and phone # before. What pissed him off was other people posting pics of his sister up.
  • Yeah, that cross the line. :)