Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sector State

edited January 2015 in General
There has been a bit of a question in my sector and alliance chat about states, plenty of you know more about it than me so let me ask.

For growth, most of us are over 2500 land. The benefits now are cheaper exploration, 1 more wl and 5 more pas.
The argument I've heard has been that if you play high res then mobi doesn't help you except in the case of soldiers. It was said that Terra should be playing high res and since most of the universe is terra, it would stand to reason many people don't need mobi.

My question is the part about soldiers. If we were all playing high res and income was not a factor, wouldn't the speed and amount of soldiers produced end up determining who outgrew who? And if growth is the obvious better state, why such a fight all the time to use it?

Comments

• its harder to turtle on mobi, because you cant max explore and spam defense as easily
  • btw, there is no such thing as income not being a factor unless you have a guaranteed bank for max robs
  • btw, there is no such thing as income not being a factor unless you have a guaranteed bank for max robs
    Clearly, but debating income isn't the point. Assuming you could train max, what would be better. Putting income in the question is too much of a variable, and no one considers it when the vote for sector state is made. It's generally just a yes or no
  • I always consider my income before I vote. After 2500 land if I have good income as a dw I want mobi because I can still afford to explore. If my income is crap I would rather have growth so I can turtle ip and fix my income.