Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your gas prices?

13»

Comments

• Source: my governments 2015 budget is now $7B in the red because of projected lost revenue stemming from our oil tax.
    Exactly. Economic growth may not be as expected.
    yay lets base our income on something as volatile as oil prices, yay that's so smart, retards...
    in the past ten years, when the prices went down, the government increased the taxes so it would stay the same, but if it went up, they wouldn't do anything.

sorry zeal, but here, there aren't any oil depended jobs, except on the opposite side, if it goes up they lose their job

• edited January 2015
    Source: my governments 2015 budget is now $7B in the red because of projected lost revenue stemming from our oil tax.
    yay lets base our income on something as volatile as oil prices, yay that's so smart, retards...
    in the past ten years, when the prices went down, the government increased the taxes so it would stay the same, but if it went up, they wouldn't do anything.

sorry zeal, but here, there aren't any oil depended jobs, except on the opposite side, if it goes up they lose their job

So essentially, we should ignore the fact that we are one of the largest producers of a commodity... yeah, "that's so smart". We have an incredibly large area of land to provide infrastructure for, for an incredibly small population... your statement really doesn't apply to us at all. In fairytale land it would be nice to not have to rely on oil, but our population is mainly based around oil & gas.

Obviously not applicable every where... similarly, I wouldn't expect some one who lives in a farming area to care about the automotive industry shitting the bed.

We get paid absurd amounts of money, on average, so this is kind of the other end of the spectrum. People that are good with their money shouldn't have to worry so much.
  • edited January 2015
    I'm saddened by the fact that this is causing people to slow down on pushing for renewable energy. I will still be putting solar panels on when I build my house, it is still worthwhile to me.
    Geothermal

We have the technology, it's clean and the facilities are like 99% efficient.

For cars GM owns the patent on a battery that can last for days without recharging but of course that means everyone makes less money. It all about money and the banks rule the world. Our governments are nothing more than small task handlers and figure heads. Pencil pushers with no minds of their own.

If a bomb drops in a war its because some banker gave the order. Maybe not directly but you guys know what I mean. Same goes for oil, the war on "terrorism" and just about everything else in the world that makes people lives suck.
  • Geothermal is a band-aid. It could only ever be a small part of a large campaign to replace oil.
  • True but I broadened it to electricity for cities etc. Regardless of what we did we would need oil because everyones cars use gas. It would take a very long time to switch to anything just because it is the standard.
  • All eyes are looking at the Arctic, there is some potential there to compete with tar sands.

APG looks like they finally have a say on the Pipeline, hoping the political circus calms down anytime soon.
  • Regardless of what we did we would need oil because everyones cars use gas. It would take a very long time to switch to anything just because it is the standard.
    Not necessarily. Converting a gas engine to an ethanol engine isn't too complex, from my understanding. I assume it could also be modified to burn some other liquid fuel types, as well. Diesel engines can also run on various forms of biodiesel. But yeah, definitely not electric.

Thing is, you wouldn't need all cars to be electric. The electricity can be used to create liquid/gas fuels which can then be used in normal or modified engines that we already have.
  • like 2.45

northern cali
  • Source: my governments 2015 budget is now $7B in the red because of projected lost revenue stemming from our oil tax.

So essentially, we should ignore the fact that we are one of the largest producers of a commodity... yeah, "that's so smart". We have an incredibly large area of land to provide infrastructure for, for an incredibly small population... your statement really doesn't apply to us at all. In fairytale land it would be nice to not have to rely on oil, but our population is mainly based around oil & gas.

Obviously not applicable every where... similarly, I wouldn't expect some one who lives in a farming area to care about the automotive industry shitting the bed.

We get paid absurd amounts of money, on average, so this is kind of the other end of the spectrum. People that are good with their money shouldn't have to worry so much.
    i never said i don't mind you losing your job, i feel bad for your city etc :(
    and regards to the automotive industry, i live in belgium, the country is small and actually relied on the automotive industry for far too long, now the last one (Ford) has left and this is after Opel en Volvo leaving, the region where i live, the biggest employer fucked off under some small excuse.
    people here buy more fuel efficient cars due to the high fuel prices and with it being so high they cannot afford a new one faster, aka less sold cars for the producers (this is also the case for farmers, increased costs etc)
    I'm saddened by the fact that this is causing people to slow down on pushing for renewable energy. I will still be putting solar panels on when I build my house, it is still worthwhile to me.
    Geothermal

We have the technology, it's clean and the facilities are like 99% efficient.

For cars GM owns the patent on a battery that can last for days without recharging but of course that means everyone makes less money. It all about money and the banks rule the world. Our governments are nothing more than small task handlers and figure heads. Pencil pushers with no minds of their own.
    GM actually sold some of those cars and then the US government made a law to have them taken back from the owners and force them to keep quiet or otherwise face jail time etc. but yeah, they're not communists to it's ok :D

• do you have a source for that i wouldnt mind reading it
  • If he posts the source, the government is going to send hitmen after us and all our families to make sure we stay quiet.
  • If he posts the source, the government is going to send hitmen after us and all our families to make sure we stay quiet.
    *slaps on tinfoil hat, sits in the corner beside dank*
  • Well, Elon Musk is supporting the creation of electric cars, and so as his brother creating alternative energy. This will get a share of the business, say 10% in the future. However, it is a minority, if they make a dent of the giant of all industry, which is still the oil and gas.
    And when oil and gas is on the topic, us Canadians and our neighbors by the border, it is a stark reality that many of our jobs is somewhat tied to the oil and gas.
    Defense contracts for example will slow down, and it snowballs to vulnerability of my career, but not a direct hit.
  • edited January 2015
    If he posts the source, the government is going to send hitmen after us and all our families to make sure we stay quiet.
    *slaps on tinfoil hat, sits in the corner beside dank*
    actually, it was on youtube, i'll search for it

this documentary
    Who Killed The Electric Car?

but it wasn't the one i had in mind before, i'll keep looking :)