Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most OP PT Ever?

edited December 2014 in Game Talk
I shall nominate Terra form Round 67 as the most OP Planet Type Ever seen. It's absurd
I haven't been around long enough to see what things have been like in the past, but this is so crazy it gets my nomination
What other nominations we got out there?
Think back.

So, My justification:

The way I see it, the only other planet types worth considering are DW and Mysti.
Mysti for the faster return times (meant a lot more previously at -35)
DW for the almost free offense.

everything else is just a 2nd rate version of terra now.
Think about it. with bonuses:
Terra has +20% pop +10% income+20% mili +20% power (yes this can be a nice bonus) -20%! return times with rwce (with subtracting bonuses equates to hitting 40% more often than a mount or dw)
And then +50% research that helps get all the early tech done at warp speed.

Compared to fw. terra makes 5% more income from res than FW (nearly same pop per res).
with longevity Terra res will make almost 10% more than FW SM. (including extra power cost of pop it's generally around 5%)
and of course +20% mili can hit 80% more often! If I'm calcing right fw (1+.2 (pt) -.1 EC -.2 rwce)=0.9
terra (1-.1 EC -.4 rwce) =0.5. so (.9/.5)=1.8 hits before the fw wl returns.
and the usual 50% better research

Mount:
Terra res makes 5% more income than mount res and come with 20% more pop
With long Terra res make very near 10% more than mount SM (bout 5 after adjusting for power
20% more military
Hit 40% more frequently (see above)
and again 50% more research
and 40% more power (extra 20% with research + mount power penalty)

Could go on and on here.

The mysti advantage
With -35% return if there's a lot of inacts, Mysti I think should clearly have the edge overall. with 43% faster hits and hits accounting for a lot of income as well as the land. But now mysti is -30%. (mysti can only make 25% more hits now with RWCE)
Factor in the income difference. terra makes 30% more income from res than mysti. +20% defense +30% offense. (though with additive bonuses all this is effectively much less. It's a lot)
So terra ends up with higher income than mysti and much much stronger military in the midgame even if mysti has pretty good land lead.

Only real drawback is later on bonuses can get hard, if terra can't keep them up it can fall behind even dw turtles in income.
But that's at a very big size.
As many of you know I was able to make a 231 mil nw kd on terra back on S2 in round 63 (back with only +15% bonuses --dramatic enough for 10% less pop income than now 5% mili. bonuses are crazy)
but I kept up money bonus all the way. Sure it took 1.3 mil sci, but even that was doable.
you cut that size in half only need 1/4 the sci for that.

So yeah, f you do need to make a 250k land kd though terra form will start to get bad.... But how often are these scores 100mil+ anyway? Not such a big deal.

As a bonus. This round when you consider hitting could suck with solar cloud or black holes really puts a damper on what mysti can do. As well as income. DW could get hard if need to attack other galaxies.
In short I also think this round bonus is fantastic for terra (variety of reasons) as well.

Comments

• Most OP pt was DW when it was 95% of of goons and we had the round bonus of 20% soldier producitin
  • Most OP pt was DW when it was 95% of of goons and we had the round bonus of 20% soldier producitin
  • I quoted that for truthiness and spelling errors.
  • Which round was that?
    I can say I did play round 62 though. which had 30% soldier production -90% goon price

I was a dw that round. Not really that easy to play a real, legit kd with it)
    I guess depends what you think of as OP vs out of control. It was absurdly out of control. cant stop it dw can go AT easy as shit. BUT the income? How does the dw get and keep good D? That's what it takes to have a good KD. And the 30% soldier train just makes it bad economy.

I'll give you horribly out of control though. DW half someones size can rape them down like cutting a knife through butter. Less the DW gets taken out. Doesn't make it good to actually build.
  • DW is easy to make good D on...you just have to not be an idiot.
  • can be noted that in that 30% soldier train round, round 62

+ Desert Wasteland:
    + 146,123,328 Networth (13.03%) with 58 accounts (15.59%).
    + Terra Form:
    + 406,351,394 Networth (36.23%) with 64 accounts (17.20%).
    + Avg: 6,349,241 Networth

last round?
    + Terra Form:
    + 307,657,269 Networth (55.68%) with 49 accounts (12.66%).
    + Avg: 6,278,720 Networth
  • And we are talking about SK so everyone is an idiot with DW. Occasionally you will see someone who isn't an idiot. Once every 7 rounds.
  • depends on what you mean by good D. idk. I didn't last long but 3 small suicide fails and my d was already sui breakable.
  • I play s2 more than s1, so the income is definitely more of an issue there.

But really. The main guys that make big DWs on s1 with great d are cheats
  • It's not that difficult...and I'm not a great SK player.
  • edited December 2014
    kind of is, less hits are available etc. high income is far more powerful there.

yes DW is very strong and you can make a solid KD on it. but terra this round against regular pt it's a joke.
  • edited December 2014
    but what was the huge advantage of the extra soldiers then? Because that's what the issue becomes is that extra 20% soldiers costs more than half the economy. So it ends up depending.
    Obviously you don't have to be a very good player to have top 10 kd dw on s1 I know that. Depends if you're thinking lifecycle. coz if you are just saying a 2 week time horizon that is not really what a strong kd is to me. We can argue that. Overall impact to a round can def go to a strong terra player who takes 40 breaks to take down to breaking range. more so than an AT dw that everyone can hit and kill
  • Exactly, and you can do that with safe defense.
  • Currently yes. But most OP PT for anyone one round was DW.
  • I mean I know the love obsession with terra right now, but yu just can't sell short the ability to break anyone at any point early to mid/late round as long as yu know what your doing
  • I mean, even the crappy KDs that round...like myself...when it hit war time grew like crazy until KTed. And since offense was free you spent the money on def and took the free offense off of the extra 10% soldiers...it was simple.
  • The ability to break early on leaves you vulnerable mid round when Terra is at its full strength of growth.
  • Honestly, the Fart needs to get off his anus and give Oceanic a similar boost. -90% on LD costs, and a higher defensive bonus.
  • That's is redunk. He needs to make soldiers cost 3 money on DW you fools
  • Honestly, the Fart needs to get off his anus and give Oceanic a similar boost. -90% on LD costs, and a higher defensive bonus.
    Seconded. @Bcartfall

We're on strike -.-
  • If you know what you're doing with DW, then DW > TF > Every other PT.
  • If you know what you're doing with DW, then DW > TF > Every other PT.
    Depends on your meaning of greater than. A good DW could dominate early but they just simply can't keep up to the growth of a TF... and the DW also dies super early.

I love DW though, it's easily my favourite just for the amount of lolz that can be had with it.
  • I'm not saying it was necessarily OP but.. I miss the ocean with half building costs. If you sustained good early growth that planet became strong as hell during the late stages of the round
  • I'm not saying it was necessarily OP but.. I miss the ocean with half building costs. If you sustained good early growth that planet became strong as hell during the late stages of the round

hell im mostly hating at the brokenly OP status of other planets i cant even nag about underpowered oceanic.

• I think all the planets are playable given the right circumstances and player competence. Last time I played I vaguely recall a vi winning a round tho I smoked a lot I could be wrong