Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3DM cracks Denuvo

edited December 2014 in General
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/report-denuvo-drm-system-has-been-cracked/

So the vaunted Denuvo DRM system has been cracked by 3DM.
More interesting than this, however, is the fact that the 3 games that used it, experienced zero sales growth.
This would seem to indicate that pirating means lost sales is false.

FIFA 15 sold averagely, based on expectations from 14.
Lords of the Fallen was not a top seller.
Dragon Age: Inquisition was not a top seller for any platform, and sold averagely as well.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Well, I think most intelligent people already knew that the story dished out by companies and various organizations of lost sales due to piracy was bullshit.
  • I hate insects but unfortunately they are needed to maintain a healthy eco-system :(
  • Well, I think most intelligent people already knew that the story dished out by companies and various organizations of lost sales due to piracy was bullshit.
    Well, it also doesn't help that so many PC players blew up over DA's poor port. On top of that, you have the AC: Unity bullshit, so gamer good will towards both EA and Ubisoft is probably already at a record low.

EA and Ubi have to spin this false narrative that the big bad evil pirates are what stops them from putting out games with basic functionality...which is also bullshit, in my opinion.

On top of THAT, you have next gen consoles not necessarily being all that next gen, in comparison to the days when consoles and PCs actively pushed each other to innovate. The gap between platforms is widening, with the lone exception of maybe Nintendo, who always tends to do their own thing anyway. Therefore, the atmosphere isn't that conducive to humongous sales. I guess Christmas will tell the real tale.