Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FHRITP

edited November 2014 in General
Apparently this is like a thing now. Lol! Leave it to a CBC reporter to put this kind of spin on it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/chris-o-neill-yates-a-sick-depraved-prank-was-played-on-me-and-i-m-angry-1.2851065

Comments

• I love this.
  • edited November 2014
    cbc should only be allowed to be accessed from Canada. Its also the second article posted in a couple weeks http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/fhritp-cbc-montreal-journalists-speak-out-about-vulgar-joke-1.2832612
  • edited November 2014
    Is this real life? Is the world that pc now? Isnt it the right of every human being to yell fhritp to be heard on live tv?
  • ya but because of the words in fhritp women are taking it as an attack on them, when mentioned that it happens to male reporters they stop talking.
  • The way the article reads, it is like she fashions herself some kind of whistle blower. The Rateah Parsons of reporters. This is gonna be the next best thing for woman since the Jian Ghomesi scandal...except it isn't.

This stuff was going to go on regardless, because I guess it is becoming really popular. It's kind of dumb and immature but that's life. People find it funny and these kind of articles are only going to make it worse. I had no idea it was even a thing til I read this article, and other people probably feel the same way. This is just going to make it worse for male and female CBC reporters. I mean it is one thing to point it out or to talk about how retarded people are, it is another to get up on some morally outrageous feminist soap box and go full cry mode over it.
  • I read it on paper and I agree that it makes more worse. Ignore and carry on.
  • Do you find it offensive particularly as a female?
  • People have been crashing the camera on live news scenes for years. Soon as you throw something sexual in there, it's all of a sudden a big deal.
  • edited November 2014
    It is offensive. ( to be politically correct about it). But also, nothing out of the ordinary in my work environment. I work in STEM profession, 99% male dominated work, gender barrier barely exist.

I think this issue become popular because they make a big deal out of it. I tend to ignore these comments, these gender comments exist in different shape or form. Unless, it is a business portfolio, I don't hear the comment.

I think 15 years ago, before Wifi, I worked with men installing network cables for computers/printers and office intranet systems. It was a common joke to say --- pass me the screw, or I like to screw you, or pass me your nut, I have a bolt waiting and we have a big laugh. But that is probably an exceptional work place, not a common place for women in general.

Despite progress, the lewd jokes are suppose to be hidden in mens barracks, not screamed around TV personalities.

Offensive - I guess so. Will it affect me? No. But I wish it did not get printed this far and the trolls get ignored.