Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Smart" watches

edited November 2014 in General
what's everyones take on them? i personally like the styling of the moto 360 and am thinking of buying one, but the hardware is a bit out dated :(

anyone have one? what's your experience on it?
anyone wants one? why haven't you bought one yet?

greetz AA

Comments

• is it like smart tvs that give nsa access to the webcam and continually collects data from when, what and for how long you watch whatever channel?
  • i have a smart phone it didn't make me any smarter.. a smart clock would be no different.
  • I'm not big on them. My phone does everything I want from a piece of tech.
  • edited November 2014
    They get really hot sometimes as well, might as well spend the same amount on a branded watch.
  • edited November 2014
    Sony smartwatch2, its pretty gimmicky honestly for the cost ($150) but its nice being to read texts from my wrist, switch songs and facebook updates. Alarm is convenient for sk, vibrating wrist versus a loud alarm from the phone. Does not have a camera and no built in mic to talk into. I use a pair of LG tones (bluetooth) so i can answer the call from the watch and just begin talking without touching my phone. Samsung has good smartwatches that only work with a samsung phone, LG came out with one im going to check out and Apple is rumored to be making one for next summer release.

Battery life is great, lasts a few days a full charge. Never gets hot on me and I live in the desert.

Also I use an LG G3 as phone.
  • I'll check into the one from Sony, but the reason i like the moto 360 is because the metal version looks awesome. You have any problems with scratches? Or do you protect it with some thing?
    I have an earpiece as well, so i would use that one more again :)
  • I'm sure you can get a universal screen protector and cut one to size. i don't have one on it and the thing has taken a beating when it gets knocked off the bathroom counter. Thing is pretty resilient all things considered. One scratch on the bottom right corner, no cracks yet thank god
  • Are they waterproof?
  • Are they waterproof?
    depends on which one you buy i think, most are like splash proof i think or half an hour at max 2m etc

this is for the moto 360 from their customer support
    https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/100972/p/1422,8199,8200
    Is my Moto 360 water resistant and water proof?
    Moto 360 is water resistance, meaning it can sustain sweat and rain.
    Water resistant in up to 1 meter of fresh water for up to 30 minutes. Exposure of leather band to water is not recommended.
    Note: Moto 360 is IP67 rated.
  • When they make the pip-boy, I'll buy one then.